Warriors of the Wasteland

Vehicle models, character models, commercial kits, custom kits, and so on.

Warriors of the Wasteland

Postby aussie muscle » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:36 pm

This movie 'I Nuovi Barbari' (New Barbarians) aka Warriors of the Wasteland is a typical Road Warrior clone set in a post-apocalyptic future. The protagonist Scorpion drives around in a 67 Firebird with all sorts of ridiculous attachment, so of course i had to model it. it's all the same plot points as MM2 (innocent colonists troubled by bad guys), but the bad guys instead of driving hot rod v8s, get around VERY SLOWLY in golf carts (terrifying!)
Scorpion's Firebird
This is a revell 67 firebird kit. the wheels were covered with hub caps from a chevy pickup, the armor is simple diamond plate sheet styrene. the hood cable is braided line from thepartsbox.com, the drill is a screw stuck into some styrene tube and the grille was cut out and filled with speaker covering material. the hardest part was the clear dome, which i made from some xmas baubles (which i had to buy a whole box)
aussie muscle

Re: Warriors of the Wasteland

Postby aussie muscle » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:41 pm

here's some build photos
filled the hood hole and shaved off the badges
cut the hole for the dome
added armor
this pilot's head became the hood ornament skull
the solar panel/rear spoiler
primer
black on black
interior touches
chassis
aussie muscle

Re: Warriors of the Wasteland

Postby Switchum » Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:28 pm

Never heard of the movie but the build up is pretty sweet, aussie muscle. With bit of weathering, the machine is gonna come alive, I bet.

I know how you felt when you had to buy a whole set for some parts in the set. I do the all the time.
Switchum

Return to Models and Modelling