G-Boy Berserker Outfit info

Discuss items from the film, making replicas, and so on.

Postby MFP1 » Mon Nov 01, 2004 9:43 pm

O.K.,

In light of the need to prepare for next years Roadwar101 (or is it 102?), and for the "madmaxcars.com Presents:"carshow next summer in Seattle, I need to prepare a costume to go with my "Red XA wipeout", which should be done just in time. I know I need the silver painted helmet, Leather mask, mirrored shades, Leather Jacket with the "Marching Band" button on lapel/bib thing, Leather pants (probably just rob the ones from my mad max outfit), and.......this is where I get stuck, never seen their boots I dont think, standard engeneer boots? Early generation ALpine Stars? those are the choices I have on hand, without buying more, but I want to be exact.... anything else I am missing? What type of helmet is that anyway?
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby Karol » Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:36 am

MFP1,

That's funny because Randy Foos and I both dressed up in G-boy Berserker outfits for Roadwar 101. I can help you with just about every part of the costume. I recently created the mask and codpiece from scratch. Both Randy and I own the correct helmet.

The boots don't matter much because they'll be under a set of cricket legguards.

The jacket will be the hardest part, but thanks to Roadwar 101, Randy and I may be working on that together very soon.

Karol
Karol

Postby MFP1 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 7:34 pm

Karol,

Hey very cool!!! Thanks for the info, and looking forward to seeing the outfits in pics and vid from the event! Can you fill me in on the "correct" helmet? I also looked on your supercool webpage (madmaxcostumes.com) and saw the details listed there for the G-Boy Beserkers, and saw the little details I forgot.

As for the Muzzle, codpiece, and "additions" to the jacket, I think I probably can do O.K. with a little guieance, like what base type jacket to start with, type of helmet, etc. as I have found myself fairly handy with leathercrafts, and several other "Costume" related indevors. I really want to find the correct Max jacket to start with, and get the proper shoulder pad, as to follow your "Tutorial" to make the proper jacket (as well as find the proper police belt).....but that takes a backseat to the G-boy outfit to go with my red XA...... whay in the heck did they have to call them that (I thought smegma crazies were a weird name, I just dont need people calling me g-boy, or smeg-nut)...ha ha
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby Karol » Tue Nov 02, 2004 9:22 pm

MFP1,

There's no need to worry about any of the G-Boy parts. Randy and I will be making a set or two, we can make one for you - we have already worked out the patterns.

We are planning on getting some jackets made in Pakistan, so there's no need for a "base jacket." I can get the helmet for you - no problem. It's a type of old 60's/70's police helmet.

We may even get some Max jackets made.

Have you heard of the Falcon meeting in San Jose, CA next year?

Karol
Karol

Postby MFP1 » Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:17 pm

Awesome Karol,

I tend to be a D.I.Y. guy, enjoying the fun (and $ saving) of searching out thriftstore/yardsale junk, going to tandy leathercrafts etc, but I would gladly save myself the trouble, and work with you on getting quality stuff. I have not heard about the San Jose falcon meet untill now, but I bet that you will see me, Troy, maybe Terry, and the rest of the ,madmaxcars.com crew there. Have you heard about the "madmaxcars.com presents" carshow in Seattle this summer? I hear (although it is just getting off the ground right now), that there will be multiple BoB replicas (at least 2), my "Red Wipeout XA" of course, several unmodifyed XA&XB Flacons, including at least 2 GTs & a GS, and possibly the Holden and a landsy....and you can bet I will be in my newly made g-boy outfit (can I just call them beserker boys?).

Anyway, I will be looking forward to working with you on this one.
MFP1

Postby StepChld » Wed Nov 03, 2004 4:06 am

MFP1..I'm with you on this one. I really like the Gayboy Beserkers outfits but the name just kills me! Can you imagine me trying to explain what I'm dressed up like here in TexasImage?! And then try explaing that to my 9 year old son...or my wife...no wait..she'd just roll her eyes and turn around muttering about calling the looney bin! The name has to be changed! "Berserker" is a great name, but throw in the term"Gayboy" and it just doesn't fly here the land of Big Tex.

Cheers...and slightly embarassed that I like this outfit so much,

StepImage
Never moon a werewolf!
StepChld

Postby MFP1 » Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:53 pm

Yeah Step,

I make no judjments about peoples lifestyle choices, but, like you said, just try and explain that title (or smegma craizes) to a non-madmax fan person, and ....oh the reactions youd get, I can imagine them now. .....but.....I figure that since I built the car (the red xa wipeout) I should wear the right uniform (besides it is totally cool!). I think I will just tell people I am dressed as one of "Lord Humungus's Dogs of War", or maybe the cheep copout they used for the action figures "BADCOP"....naw, dog of war it is, or beserker boy.
MFP1

Postby Jake Dark » Thu Nov 04, 2004 7:22 pm

Key Karol,

Would you consider expanding the order for the jacket by one?
Jake Dark
MFP 0666
Main Force Patrol
Jake Dark

Postby Karol » Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:11 am

Jake,

I don't see a problem with that. What size are you? It might be best to e-mail me so I have a reminder.
Karol

Postby MFP1 » Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:29 pm

Karol,

I'd like to provide you with an accurate size, but in the "Leather" shopping I have done in the past, I have found that I have to pick my jacket size VERY carefully to get a decent fit. And I have yet to buy the same size leather jacket in 2 diffrent styles. Problem is I am pretty thin, but quite tall (long arms, small waist) so I either end up in a leather baloon/tent, or wearing a 3/4 sleeve jacket, if I dont try on multipule sizes untill I find the best comprmise. I was looking at the G-Boys in mm2 over the weekend, and they do seem to have several diffrent styles of jacket, all modifyed with the "Bandleader" buttons down the chest. FOr example compare the jacket that the driver of the red xa has on when the gang drives up to the compound with the "Scouts", holding the butcher cleaver to the guy teid on the roof (Collar seems quite tall), now check out the guy who drives humungus's vehicle when they are chasing max leaving the coumpound and hit the nitrous...... slight diffrences,seems like almost might be a standard biker jacket with the zipper removed and the buttons added. Thoughts on that stuff?
MFP1

Next

Return to Costumes and Props