Max's Helmet

Discuss items from the film, making replicas, and so on.

Max's Helmet

Postby Mitch » Thu Dec 26, 2002 12:57 am

Ok, since we're all somewhat more or less anal-retentive nit picky detail nerds concerning this movie, I thought I'd open up a new can of worms. At least to me...

In the poster art and in some brief shots, Max has a white helmet. Visor and chinguard are added in some versions, but there are no good shots of it in the film. Which begs the question(s)...

Were there any scenes shot with the helmet?

Were there more promo shots with the helmet, since it figures so prominently in the artwork?

What kind of helmet was it?

Carry this over to the General forum, if you want...

Mitch
Mitch

Max's Helmet

Postby Bubba Fat » Thu Dec 26, 2002 4:35 pm

The promo shots which you mean, showing Max with the white helmet, the chinguards etc .. are very interesting because they are an anachronism! Max wears ... Jim Goose's motorbike uniform!!! Maybe because it looks more futuristic ...

No scenes were shot with the helmet on Max's head.

I remember only 2 promo shots. The first was an artwork used for the original australian soundtrack LP and the second (a picture) for the french VHS, many years ago. [/font]
I could probably make it on my own, but I like you kids.
Bubba Fat

Max's Helmet

Postby MFP1 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:22 am

Max does have a white helmet in the back window of his yello interceptor, on the "package tray" as we call it in the states (the space between the back window and the top of the seat), he also has the helmet under his arm when he is talking to fifi during the night shot of the huge pile up on the transcon. Maybe never wore it in filming except the unused "Race with goose" scene, but he has one.
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Max's Helmet

Postby rockatansky4073 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:18 am

That's what don't make sense, i pointed this out to someone a couple of years ago, Max has the helmet under his arm obviously cause he just had a pursuit and ran someone else off the road or something right? Meaning he put it on his head to "battle", and all the MFP cops, were probably meant to, yet none of them had thees on during the NIGHTRIDER chase (i know they couldn't have helmets over every actor, or we wouldn't have been able to hear them let alone see them), and it's not like they thought of the NIGHTRIDER as not dangerous enough, cause they all knew what kind of a man he was, and it's not like in all of the panic they didn't have time, sh*t Max took so long in pulling on all his clothes, he had more than enough time to slip on 3 helmets, hell he coulda even stuck it on while revving the XB waiting for the MONARO to come over the hill. And ROOP and CHARLIE stopped enough times to argue surely they had time for a measly little head protection.

Oh well no real need to dig to far, but i enjoy hearing that other people have seen little things i've spotted too.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

Max's Helmet

Postby Mitch » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:41 am

I'm sure Charlie got written up over not wearing his helmet and getting injured.

So does anybody know what kind of helmet they used for the MFP helmets? Karol?

Mitch
Mitch

Max's Helmet

Postby rockatansky4073 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 6:33 am

let's not forget sarse and scuttle, in the MARCH HARE INTERCEPTOR, sh*t they'd been chasing NIGHTRIDER longer than anybody.

Look closely and when the toetrucks turn up to the caravan wreck site, and you actually see one of them climb out of the upsidedown car, whoever he is, he survived and he should cop sh*t for the helmet issue too...
rockatansky4073

Max's Helmet

Postby Mitch » Tue Jan 21, 2003 3:10 pm

Again, does anybody know what kind of helmet Goose/Max wore? Still avaliable?

Mitch
Mitch

Max's Helmet

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Jan 22, 2003 1:21 am

Dunno but it sure looks the same as the ones the GAYBOY BERZERKERS wore in 2, check out the WORD WARRIORS COSTUME PAGE, might be something on there...

and check out my SERIAL KILLER tshirt while your at it...
rockatansky4073

Max's Helmet

Postby MFP559 » Wed Feb 26, 2003 7:13 am

I always thought the helmet on Max's parcel shelf was silver like Goose's, not white. When Max turns up at the hospital, Roop (I think) has his helmet slung over his forearm. It's interesting that Max's helmet is seen a few times on the parcel shelf of the yellow Interceptor, but you don't see the helmets in the other cars.

I've always wondered why they had the helmets if they didn't use them- very strange!

"As long as the paperwork's clean, you fellas can do what you like out there!"
MFP559

Max's Helmet

Postby Nitro » Wed Feb 26, 2003 8:56 am

It's just like the seatbelts I guess...
"Remember lingerie?"
Nitro

Next

Return to Costumes and Props