Roadwar 151 (2)

Fan events and get togethers - Wasteland Weekend, Roadwar, etc..

Roadwar 151 (2)

Postby Karol » Wed Apr 27, 2005 7:59 pm

This is the Roadwar 151 thread continued. This way everyone doesn't need to download 200 posts to read the latest.

Karol

Roadwar 151 (2)

Postby PULSE » Wed Apr 27, 2005 8:26 pm

Hey it was only 126 posts....LOL Wooooooohoooooo "it was so long it had to be cloned" LOL
Pulse:

"One of the Texas Twelve"
PULSE

Location: San Antonio, Texas (it's not the wasteland, but you can see it from here)

Roadwar 151 (2)

Postby March Hare » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:02 pm

Quote: Originally posted by PULSE on 28 April 2005

"it was so long it had to be cloned" LOL

That's the story all my ex-girlfriends are telling!

"I am the chosen one, The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy".. SIN CITY MFP 2173
March Hare

Roadwar 151 (2)

Postby Mitch » Thu Apr 28, 2005 10:44 pm

A couple observations regarding Roadwar 151:

Well, the notoriety alone was worth the hassles. Pulse put forth a lot of effort to pull off this event, and it's a shame it didn't go as planned. However, it toook on a life of its own and the people who attended made it enjoyable. Vernon was a solid plus considering the fact that a lot of actors/celebrities would have added to the problems. All in all, it was something I'm glad I attended.

As far as the armchair quarterbacking, lessons learned from this event will surely be applied to future events, but unless you've run one yourself, refrain from the smug second guessing. We'll see what the future brings as far as more events. I personally would like to see a more narrowed focus and structured event in a static location. But I'm in no way badmouthing the events that took place. It's a steep learning curve...

Finally, I'm not claiming moderator status, but I'm getting tired of the flaming and personal attacks. TAKE IT OFFSITE!!! This is a discussion forum, not a schoolyard pissing contest. Curb the B.S. attacks, foul language and petty bickering. I am tired of reading endless posts going back and forth consisting of nothing more than personal attacks and provoking statements. I'm sure I'm not alone in this view and if it takes some of us banding together and bringing it to Peter's attention, then so be it. If it doesn't end, I won't be taking part in these discussions any more.

So what tentative time frame are we looking at for the next event? Six months? A year? Location? I'm up for a midwest venue. Chicago? St. Louis? K.C.? Maybe piggyback with another event like Burning Man, Dragoncon or something similar.

Mitch

Mitch

Roadwar 151 (2)

Postby March Hare » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:03 pm

Quote: Originally posted by Mitch on 29 April 2005

Maybe piggyback with another event like Burning Man

SPOT ON MITCH!!

That is a TERRIFFIC IDEA! Burning Man & ROADWAR! ( I'm not just sayin' that 'cuz I'm SO CLOSE to the site )..A dry lake bed miles from scared citizens is a very good idea.

"I am the chosen one, The mighty hand of vengeance, sent down to strike the unroadworthy".. SIN CITY MFP 2173
March Hare

Roadwar 151 (2)

Postby PULSE » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:15 pm

"Here here!" Well spoken Mitch

My vote for the next event would be as Mitch has suggested due to the abundance of replicas and falcons near the region. Although I would actualy like to add Nevada to the pool, specificly Pahrump (sp?). The scenery is right, they (a radio station and locals) have already offered to help. There is a Nuke facility close, cheap hotels and buffets thanks to vegas... And hey there is even March Hare, all his clones, and ex girlfriends in range..

As for planning, it took me six months on my own and another two with Ankle, Karol, and others helping... So yes let's plan ahead, and help out the next poor mailto:b@$t@rd that says "hey I'll organize this thing, how hard can it be?"
Pulse:

"One of the Texas Twelve"
PULSE

Location: San Antonio, Texas (it's not the wasteland, but you can see it from here)

Roadwar 151 (2)

Postby 04GTInterceptor » Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:49 pm

How about a east coast event as well?
Last of the V8 Intercepts, a piece of history, would have been a shame to blow it up
04GTInterceptor

Roadwar 151 (2)

Postby March Hare » Fri Apr 29, 2005 1:32 am

Quote: Originally posted by PULSE on 29 April 2005

Although I would actualy like to add Nevada to the pool, specificly Pahrump (sp?). The scenery is right, they (a radio station and locals) have already offered to help. There is a Nuke facility close, cheap hotels and buffets thanks to vegas... And hey there is even March Hare, all his clones, and ex girlfriends in range..

JUST SAY NO TO HIGHWAY ROADWARS. OUT OF SIGHT IS OUT OF MIND!

The most well planned ROADWAR event just would NOT be the same without the correct scenery backdrop. NEVADA DESERT WASTELAND. Miles of highways that see NO traffic. Places where people couldn't call the authorities if they wanted to because thier cell phones get no signal out in BFE. Cheap motels & LEGAL BROTHELS & buffets right in Pahrump. Vegas is a 45 minute drive. I think the access road to Ash Meadows is a 2 -3 lane wide dirt highway.........................I'm IN

March Hare

Roadwar 151 (2)

Postby Karol » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:10 am

I'm sure lots of people would love a desert Roadwar. I'll help and would be very likely to drive to Nevada for it. maybe we could set up camp in Pahrump, set up some punk shows and maybe find a drive-in where we could watch the movies.

And if we can find a deserted highway, maybe we could do a REAL re-enactment.
Karol

Roadwar 151 (2)

Postby cynical » Fri Apr 29, 2005 2:18 am

Quote: Originally posted by Karol on 29 April 2005

I'm sure lots of people would love a desert Roadwar. I'll help and would be very likely to drive to Nevada for it. maybe we could set up camp in Pahrump, set up some punk shows and maybe find a drive-in where we could watch the movies.

And if we can find a deserted highway, maybe we could do a REAL re-enactment.

Ooooooooooooo!!! Punk shows??? I'll be there!!!! Image
"Whatever I say", what a wonderful philosphy!
cynical

Next

Return to Events