ROADWAR 151

Fan events and get togethers - Wasteland Weekend, Roadwar, etc..

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:59 pm

Thanks Mitch... You had mentioned some friends coming along any idea on a number yet..?
Pulse:

"One of the Texas Twelve"
PULSE

Location: San Antonio, Texas (it's not the wasteland, but you can see it from here)

ROADWAR 151

Postby Anklecranker » Wed Feb 09, 2005 6:13 pm

I just bought two tickets.........................................

Anklecranker

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:30 pm

Official starting point for the run portion is now Javelina Harley Davidson. And we also have a Tanker lined up to lead the run courtesy of TriMac transportation..
Pulse:

PULSE

Location: San Antonio, Texas (it's not the wasteland, but you can see it from here)

ROADWAR 151

Postby kwaka kid » Sun Feb 27, 2005 5:13 am

Pulse, Post some pics of that Road War 151 when its done.
kwaka kid

ROADWAR 151

Postby Anklecranker » Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:11 pm

you coming?

Anklecranker

ROADWAR 151

Postby Mitch » Sun Feb 27, 2005 8:00 pm

Questions:

What hotel does everyone wanna stay at?

What's going on Fri night?

Breakfast at Cracker Barrel or Dennys?

Pre-run Sat. daytime gathering to talk cars/plan route/take pics?

Can drivers/participants reserve tables at the theater so we don't get screwed by coming in after the riff-raff?

Local news coverage?

Anybody else bringing their Australian Cattle Dogs?

See ya there,

Mitch
Mitch

ROADWAR 151

Postby Anklecranker » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:13 am

Hotel....TBD

Cracker Barrel...good

Prerun? trip to the Alamo?

I expect...box seating......with Wez .....and a table.....and M&M's with no green ones.

Working on news coverage, bikers, metal damage...you listening?

Would love to bring My ACD...but where would she stay?

and who gets to drive your second car? hhhhhhhhmmmmmm?

I called it........
Anklecranker

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Mon Feb 28, 2005 2:42 pm

Questions:

What hotel does everyone wanna stay at? Did you all receive the list of hotels I sent you? Good, well that mileage is roughly from the Drafthouse Cinema. I figure that while the starting point for the RUN is only 35 or so away it would be a long 35 after a few pints with Wez, Virginia and six hours or so of MM Movies.

What's going on Fri night? Friday night we will be having a pre-party I haven't locked down a venue yet, but do have a band lined up with some surprises.... If the venue doesn't work out it will be at my home (2/3 acre yard).

As for an Alamo run.. That would be great depending on when everybody gets in... Sunday for the Alamo & River Walk would be another option depending on who is staying and how long...

Breakfast at Cracker Barrel or Dennys? Denny's? Cracker Barrel? You know this is south Texas Guy's. Don't you want to go out for some breakfast tacos and some hole in the wall? I won't even make you order the Barbacoa (local breakfast favorite, you start with the head after you can't cut anymore bits off, throw it in a pot with some seasoning, stew until the rest of the bits fall off...Viola Barbacoa) don't worry I don't eat it ether....

Pre-run Sat. daytime gathering to talk cars/plan route/take pics? The run is scheduled to kick off about 2:00 from Javelina Harley. They have said we can use the facility anytime after 11:30 or so... My personal plan was to grab some lunch to go and hit there about noon'ish... So as to fulfill your plan/question/suggestion

I will be e-mailing and making available route maps and such PDQ.

Can drivers/participants reserve tables at the theater so we don't get screwed by coming in after the riff-raff? I will be using the e-mails/registrations at mailto:roadwar151@sbcglobal.netroadwar151@sbcglobal.net to glean the number to reserve seats/tables for those in the run.... So be sure if you haven't , that you e-mail me your intentions, and a final count of those in your group...

Local news coverage? Ankle and myself have been working on this, as well as some not so local (Monster Nation, Discovery, Speed channel). We could really use extra notes and calls made if your game "Join on in"

Additionally I will be calling some film students today. I would like them to be available to get some footage of the run, and hanging out.. Race ahead for some great overpass and drive by shots, etc. I'm also going to see if I can get them to re-create Goose's first scene. Except this version would have Goose in the john and somebody else telling the story... splice in the run going by... and "ahhh mailto:Cr@p" and I'm out the door to jump on my trusty steed (KZ) and give chase... Thought it would be a good opening for the footage of the RUN...

Anybody else bringing their Australian Cattle Dogs? Form my experience motels really don't have too much of an issue and don't really check... (I did HB California to Charleston South Carolina, then Back then to Texas with a Great Dane, and three cats, with no problem..) As for during the movies I can ask the DraftHouse what their policy would be... I do have a very large fenced yard and am only 10-15 from the theater.. If they would get along with my Dane (mellow old girl) and my daughters Poo spaniel (cock-a-poo) (rowdy young guy/puppy).. Then they would be more then welcome to share some grass in the shade and some kibble

See ya there, Can't wait ...... (thanks for the questions/suggestions (especially today, I've got the creeping crud or? in my chest and head and the motivation to keep on living really helps this morning...LOL
Pulse:

PULSE

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:54 am

Ahhhhhh ha ha ha Big! BIG I tell ya BIG..

Just got three more signed up. And that's not including IRONHORSE Customs of San Antonio who will be bringing a trailer with a couple of bikes, as well as donating a couple of Shirts and such to give away during the films/event!!

And it looks like there may also be a chance to get a second rig/truck/semi invovled...

See you on the road scags! AAAHHHhhhhhh Ha ha "When the Fans take over the highway!"
Pulse:

PULSE

ROADWAR 151

Postby Karol » Tue Mar 08, 2005 1:54 am

Anyone who is going to Roadwar 151 and hasn't sent Pulse pics of their vehicle, send them my way! I'm updating the website.

Send me your name, a pic of your vehicle, and a pic of yourself if you can.

If you're not bringing your own vehicle, let me know and I'll just put your name up.

madmaxcostumes(at)yahoo(dot)com

And it looks like I will probabably be going as well. I can't miss a good time.

Karol
Karol

PreviousNext

Return to Events