ROADWAR 151

Fan events and get togethers - Wasteland Weekend, Roadwar, etc..

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Thu Dec 16, 2004 6:25 pm

Heck yea I'm ready!!!! You ready.....

Getting some very interesting notes of interest, as these get confirmed (and I get permission) I will be letting you all know here and through Karol's new website [/font]http://www.madmaxmovies.com/forum/www.roadwarusa.com[color=#0000ff size=2]www.roadwarusa.com[/color]

For those that are starting to plan please drop me a line at roadwar151@sbcglobal.net, so I can keep track and provide you with details as they play out.....

"When the fans take over the Highway" ......[/font]
Pulse:

"One of the Texas Twelve"
PULSE

Location: San Antonio, Texas (it's not the wasteland, but you can see it from here)

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Sat Jan 01, 2005 3:43 pm

Good New Year to all: The planning and arrangements for the RoadWar and Mad Max Movie Marathon is coming along greatly.[/font]

The e-mail address is [/font]mailto:roadwar151@sbcglobal.netroadwar151@sbcglobal.net[/font] [/font]

The Theater Site now has the event listed and is pre selling tickets for the movies. You can now reach it right off of their front page with the date pull down. [/font]http://www.drafthouse.com/westlakes/frames.asphttp://www.drafthouse.com/westlakes/frames.asp[/font]

Karol's web site is up for all things "ROADWAR" and has some great pictures of his previous event in San Francisco, and information concerning the Texas event ("RoadWar 151"). [/font]http://www.roadwarusa.com/http://www.roadwarusa.com[/font] [/font]

As for ROADWAR 151: [/font]

We are making the final arrangements for the Pre Party location, and have two bands confirmed. One of the bands "Double Dose" is planning a couple of little surprises that I'm sure all will appreciate. [/font]

As of today it looks like we have ten vehicles confirmed for the "Run" (a JG, a GT and Sedan AU Falcons, A 69 Buick and 67 Pontiac GTO, and various other's). We also have about four or five others very interesting vehicles trying to make arrangements to be here (including a Mack and a Blown-n-Injected XA). And we haven't even pushed it to the locals yet! (I've got a line on a 69 Camaro (with dual quads and a tunnel-ram sticking out of the hood), a lifted 4x4 70's Caprice wagon, and a Thirty's ford Hot rod Pick-up as well as just hitting the local Hot Rod and motorcycle hang out's and shops with fliers).[/font]

For the Movie Marathon it looks like we have about twenty-five to thirty confirmed for the movie and if the rates continue it looks like we'll be in the 170-seat auditorium.[/font]

We also have a Printer, a Comic Shop, the Theater, and a Paintball Field willing to sponsor some give away/prizes during the event. (Movie and event posters, Tee Shirts, Action Figures, Movie tickets, Food and Drink Coupons, etc.)[/font]

We should have a final design for the event Tee Shirts by February, so if you have any input better send it to me now before we finalize. What we know so far is, that they will be MFP blue, and incorporate the tire track design from Roadwar 101 on them somewhere.[/font]

Please send in any input or ideas, and of course make plans to attend (We could actually make this the largest US Mad Max event ever held!!)[/font]

Look forward to seeing you all in Texas in the spring for the ROADWAR [/font]

"When the fans take over the Highway"[/font]

[/font][/font]

Peter Barton, you out there? I dropped you a note, but thought I would ask here also (just in case). Could you add this event to the "Events" and/or the "What's new" section of your site? It would really help to get the word out. Thanks in advance for considering it. [/font]

Hey everybody else don't hesitate to spread the word too! Feel free to use any means at your disposal, just keep the information accurate, legal and un-intrusive (don't think a call center or a nude guy wearing a sandwich board would be very appropriate)[/font]
Pulse:

PULSE

Location: San Antonio, Texas (it's not the wasteland, but you can see it from here)

ROADWAR 151

Postby ydx7 » Sat Jan 01, 2005 7:26 pm

Something odd has happened. I haven't visited either of those links but they're that darker shade of this, which supposed to indicate that the links have been visited. Your email address is this color, which correctly indicates I haven't clicked on it.

Anyone know what's up with this? I tried my browser's autofill function, and neither came up.

Also, the links are the correct color in all those other posts.Image

larger than life and twice as ugly
ydx7

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Sat Jan 01, 2005 8:18 pm

I think they posted that color when I originaly entered them in the thread. I'm big on control V, control C (cut and paste) and I think they came up the color they did because I had been there. Sorry if it caused any un-due concerns...
Pulse:

PULSE

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Mon Jan 31, 2005 1:37 pm

Just got done with some e-mail activity with some very interesting possible attendees. They (and I) seem (are) very excited about the prospects for this event... This event is really starting to shape up to into something really big. Don't miss out open up your schedules and plan to make a showing... I will be sending in some updates to Karol for the roadwarusa web site in the next few days and weeks noting the people and vehicles who have committed to coming and are willing to have that noted on the site(s) ("with pictures"!).

With just those already committed it's going to be huge... Oh and here is a link to one of the bands that will be playing the pre party. (this is the band that is planning a couple of surprises) http://home.satx.rr.com/doubledose/index.htmlhttp://home.satx.rr.com/doubledose/index.html
Pulse:

PULSE

ROADWAR 151

Postby Anklecranker » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:46 pm

Party on Wayne....................

Anklecranker

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Mon Jan 31, 2005 2:52 pm

Who's Wayne? is he coming?
Pulse:

PULSE

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Mon Jan 31, 2005 3:00 pm

Actually yes he is... Wayne Christly (one of the machinist on my team) will be there with his classic Lemans/GTO and his new Yamaha FZ. His sister will also be coming too (seeing he can't drive both (he's a great machinist, but I don't think he can even tool something up to do that with, you know what he probably could, but his sister is still coming)

Don't you just love it when Mad Max and performance vehicles run in the family? "kind of brings a tear to my eye....sniff"[/font]
Pulse:

PULSE

ROADWAR 151

Postby PULSE » Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:47 pm

Hey all a possible sponsors/supporters of the event just asked if any of you that are coming has pre-purchased the movie (marathon) tickets as of yet? Or do you plan to? I think their just trying to get a feel for the commitment level... You can do so at http://www.drafthouse.com/westlakes/frames.asp[color=#0000ff size=2]http://www.drafthouse.com/westlakes/frames.asp[/color] [/font].

Aside from that if you haven't yet, please drop me an e-mail at roadwar151@sbcglobal.net and let me know, so I can get a good idea of how many we'll have at the pre-party and how much staging area we'll need at the stating point for the RUN....

If you'll include a picture of your vehicle and/or yourself I'll send them over to Karol so he can update the RoadWar USA site. [/font]www.roadwarusa.com[color=#0000ff size=2]www.roadwarusa.com[/color] with information on those that are planning to attend.... And if these sponsors come through maybe your photo will be joined by that of Wez (Vernon Wells), and the Warrior Woman (Virginia Hey)[/font][/font]
Pulse:

PULSE

ROADWAR 151

Postby Mitch » Wed Feb 09, 2005 4:05 pm

I bought my tickets a couple days ago. Should be there with the JGS Falcon and probably the Mach 1.

Mitch

P.S. How do you post pictures in messages? How do you get the address of the pics to post 'em?
Mitch

PreviousNext

Return to Events