The Landau

Like the name says...

The Landau

Postby redcarwiththebatonthehood » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:26 pm

Hello All,

i'm new to forum. I've been a fan since I saw the road warrior when it first aired on T.V. I recorded it and watched it a million times. Sorry to say it was recorded over since. I know the tv version is rare.

Anyway, I have always wondered what piece of hardware is sticking out of the hood of the Landau? In other words, what would you look for if you were building a replica? Also, navigating through the site, I hve found a few behind the scenes pictures of the road warrior. Does anyone know of a site that has more pics like that?
redcarwiththebatonthehood

Re: The Landau

Postby roadwarriormfp » Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:03 am

Item on bonnet is a skull or are you talking about the side draft carbies?

We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby MWFV8 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:49 am

redcarwiththebatonthehood wrote:Anyway, I have always wondered what piece of hardware is sticking out of the hood of the Landau?

As touched upon it's a pair of turbos and carburettors.

I think Miller makes quite a statement at the start of Roadwarrior by showing Max no longer has any significant upper hand on the road with his pursuit special as he's immediately shown pitted against a close marauder equivalent.

A few cars have induction modifications in the movie, the nitrous system on the humongous machine is made a feature of, but also the twin engined Lone Wolf has one engine supercharged and the other turbocharged. I forgot what term they were referred to in the screenplay but some of the marauders vehicles were supposed to be perceived as sort of super post apocalyptic hot rods.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby redcarwiththebatonthehood » Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:09 pm

Yes! i am talking about the carburators sticking out of the hood. It's interesting that thy put that much tought into a car that didn't get much screen time. Who ever created the cars for the film did a greatjob. in the world tey were in, you couldn't go to autozone to buy parts. you had to scrounge for what you could find. those cars, the characters and that wonderful sccore by Brian May really set it off. what a great movie
redcarwiththebatonthehood

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars