Duplicolor colors for Yellow interceptor?

Like the name says...

Re: Duplicolor colors for Yellow interceptor?

Postby Rabbit » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:39 am

Slight metallic. Looks great in the sun. The car is my daily driver too- Confuses the hell out of people on the road.
Rabbit

Postby Chase Bansi » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:58 am

Looks pretty cool. I had a 70' VW Baja years ago and found it to be quite capable off road without any radical modifications. I have to tell you I liked the tires you had on it before, the new set look, silly. I would prefer to see some big beefy tires on the back, definitely not a matched set all around. Painting the black centers of the wheels yellow or blue would unite them with the theme and not look like they were just kinda stuck on.
Here's a pic of my old Bug to give you an idea of what I think the tires should look like.

No matter where you go, there you are MFP 5863
Chase Bansi

Postby Rabbit » Sun Aug 21, 2011 12:25 pm

I agree that the old set looked better. Problem was, they were too wide- 10" on the back, 8" on the front. On the road, the car would be squirrely as hell. Wider tires also mean more flotation- maybe good for sand, but in the wet northeast that is a bit of a liability when you hydroplane. Narrower tires also mean better trail maneuverability, and less load on the engine/transmission/wheel bearings. Also, tires for those old wheels started at $300 apiece, when you could find them. With the wheels I have now, I only have to carry 1 spare. Replacement tires are inexpensive.

The new set has grown on me- though they are not the final wheels. I do hope to find a set of wide 5 wheels not unlike the ones you had on your baja. But that takes a bit more money than I have now, what with the fixing up of the car and saving for the drive cross country. I'll stick with what I have now.
Rabbit

Postby Zarana-X » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:08 am

What year is your car, 68? Looks like you've got a swingaxle transmission form the rear pic.
I like the way the paint job came out. The only thing I don't particuarly like is the way "Interceptor" wraps around the lumpy part of the rear cowl. I would suggest above the window, or the bottom of the window itself.
"In order to create, you have to destroy"
https://www.facebook.com/ZaranaX
http://wastelandweekend.com/
Zarana-X

Postby Daz » Tue Aug 23, 2011 1:53 am

I think it might look silly, but you could try putting one of those VW whaletails on the roof like the spoilers the pursuits and interceptors had.
Daz

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:59 pm

I loved the Alum Slotted"Jelly Beans" the new rims suck I'd get some chrome spoked rims like the ones used in the movie and add a lil beefier rear tire on the back at least.
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Postby Rabbit » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:39 pm

The gallery has spoken. She will be wearing the silver wide wheels to Wasteland Weekend- We will carry the rear set on her now as spares just in case. Oh, and we will blue and red lenses for the gumballs- as well as the yellow ones for driving. Since it's a "gray area" whether we can wear the colored lenses, better to bring the ones that are actually legal, so if the local pd complains, we can change her back.
Rabbit

Previous

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars