BOB update

Like the name says...

Re: BOB update

Postby Max_Van » Wed Nov 26, 2008 11:45 pm

I'm with ya on the wiring thing. I work on late model cars too and i prefer the early stuff.

New car = map sensor, maf sensor, knock sensor, tps switch, iac valve, oxy sensors, temp send, oil send, crank angle, injectors, coil packs, computer, fuel pump, multiple earth wires, starter etc etc

Real car = coil, distributor, oil send, temp send, starter, earth, power.
Max_Van

Postby MrSpeed » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:08 am

Max_Van wrote:I'm with ya on the wiring thing. I work on late model cars too and i prefer the early stuff.

New car = map sensor, maf sensor, knock sensor, tps switch, iac valve, oxy sensors, temp send, oil send, crank angle, injectors, coil packs, computer, fuel pump, multiple earth wires, starter etc etc

Real car = coil, distributor, oil send, temp send, starter, earth, power.

LOL, tools and equipment for real car = 13mm or 1/2 inch spanner, 14mm or 9/16 spanner, cross head and flat head screw drivers, also 1 bottle opener.
The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel, it'll take you ten minutes to hack through it with this, now if your lucky ? you can hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go !
MrSpeed

Postby MrSpeed » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:19 am

MadMatt wrote:Hey great job on your zoomies! They look like mine! You shouldent need to cut the fenders at all to fit 10" rims. I think what helped me is my rear leafs have been re-arched so even without the shackles i had clearance! Isint the wiring for these cars sooooo simple!!! After working on Toyota's and other newer cars for a living these cars wiring is a breeze.

I did'nt see any need to cut the wheel arch on my car either, the rear end is higher now the leaf springs have ladder bars, although i wont know if im happy with the height untill i get the donk and gearbox in it. the zoomies for the o/s are welded up too, just got to make up the attachments to secure them, im still not looking forward to the wiring, ive figured out what goes where from the dash back, i will be buying myself a workshop manual soon that has a wiring diagram, should do the trick.

Simon.
The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel, it'll take you ten minutes to hack through it with this, now if your lucky ? you can hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go !
MrSpeed

Postby MadMatt » Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:15 pm

OH Man if your wiring is cut up and scaderd then the manual will help you. If the wiring is still wraped up and and connections are good you should almost be able to figure it out without the manuals. They kinda suck for wiring, i have two. Both are diferent for the same car!! You can tell were the wiring harness goes anyway pretty easy. The only trick is going from the standerd gauge cluster harness section to the GT/GS model gauge cluster harness secton. easy swap practically plug and play. Also you should look into a high amp one wire alternator setup youll thank me later!! And PMGR starter with attached solinoid, Small light and easy hook up!!!
MadMatt

Postby MrSpeed » Mon Dec 01, 2008 1:09 am

MadMatt wrote:OH Man if your wiring is cut up and scaderd then the manual will help you. If the wiring is still wraped up and and connections are good you should almost be able to figure it out without the manuals. They kinda suck for wiring, i have two. Both are diferent for the same car!! You can tell were the wiring harness goes anyway pretty easy. The only trick is going from the standerd gauge cluster harness section to the GT/GS model gauge cluster harness secton. easy swap practically plug and play. Also you should look into a high amp one wire alternator setup youll thank me later!! And PMGR starter with attached solinoid, Small light and easy hook up!!!

Happy birthday mate, i think i got most exits and corners covered with the wiring harness as far as what plugs into what, although some parts of it are missing from the engine bay side, i reckon im in with a chance with a wiring diagram, can you pm me with more details on the one wire high amp alternator & PMGR starter with solinoid thanks...if your drinking beer, and eating birthday cake, give my regards to heweeee when you call him on the big white telephone :D

Have a good one 8-)

Simon.
MrSpeed

Postby MrSpeed » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:13 am

Rear window replacement panel welded in at last and ive still got fingers :) I hope to be fitting the engine and gearbox over the christmas break, and also the wiring harness, it still does'nt have a park brake, still on the list of things to do, but the list never ends :twisted:

MrSpeed

Postby mad dan » Mon Dec 08, 2008 2:29 am

lookin good mate. what engine/trans are ya gonna run?

Dan
...sorta slow motion. he leaves the seat, goes through the windscreen, headfirst straight into the tree...right. and then, bounces back through the windscreen. by the time we got to him.. he was just sittin there trying to scream with his face ripped off......whats the matter?
mad dan

Postby cob115 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:51 am

comeing along very nice as for engin combo ,can i make the following recomendations(mines a stock 351 apart from gear drive and 650 holly ,couldnt pull the skin of cold custared :lol: ,go for a 383 clevo strocker with some balls,4speed goes with out saying,ohh and the 9inch lsd , keep the pics come cheers pat
cob115

Postby MadMatt » Mon Dec 08, 2008 7:39 pm

Ha you know the E-brake is the one thing i havent got around to hooking up on my bOb. I guess because i never use em on Auto tranns cars that i have drivin. Always use the E-brake when i park my Bullitt though!! I have the cables, but the last time i looked under the car the exaust hangers are going to be in the way it looks like. The List is never done!!
MadMatt

Postby MrSpeed » Tue Dec 09, 2008 12:54 am

Thanks Fella's,(Dan & pat & Matt)

As for the engine i have a worked 302 that is in my ute at the mo which i will be pulling out soon giving it a clean up and a coat of paint then droping it into the BOB, dont know what's been done to the motor, it goes like a shot cat but,when its out i will pull the sump to see if those magic numbers are on the crank "351" behind that a toploader g-box will need a rebuild as it sticks in gear every now and then, the rear end on the my BOB replica is 9 inch DB, dont know what gears the diff is running yet, ive got a mate who is going nitros on his holden ute and letting go of his square bore holly 650 for mates rates, its near new so that has cut the cost down of buying a new one.

Matt, i will have to get round to fitting the park brake, the exhaust fitter will just have to bend the pipes round the cables LOL.

I wonder how many of you do this when you build cars ?

I seem to promise myself i wont start another part of the car untill the area im working on is finished, bullshit ! i end up finding myself doing a bit on the front, a bit inside, then trying to get the wiring harness ready to go in, then im back on the front end again welding the nosecone support.... i really should get organised, much truth in barrys piece from here, piece from there, mine would be ive done a bit over here and a bit over there.

Simon
MrSpeed

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars