BOB update

Like the name says...

Re: BOB update

Postby MrSpeed » Sat Jun 12, 2010 12:50 am

Got my blower caseing back polished,very happy with results & cost, roof spoiler is now in place,next step is to blend it in,which is what im working on at the pressent,i placed the blower(dummy) setup on the frame i built just to see the difference with the case ploished :) i wont be cutting a hole in the bonnet just yet ;) i will also be installing the roof lineing and rear window in the next couple of weeks.
cheers
Simon

The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel, it'll take you ten minutes to hack through it with this, now if your lucky ? you can hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go !
MrSpeed

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:33 am

The fun part begins.... you rubbing it back or getting someone to paint it for you?
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby MrSpeed » Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:58 pm

The deal is that i do all the prep work :o then beno a good mate of mine is shooting the paint :) roof & both front guards are done.

The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel, it'll take you ten minutes to hack through it with this, now if your lucky ? you can hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go !
MrSpeed

Postby roadwarriormfp » Mon Jun 14, 2010 3:12 am

Beno?

As long as he isnt very very naughty...
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby MrSpeed » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:56 pm

roadwarriormfp wrote:Beno?

As long as he isnt very very naughty...

Haha.. last time i seen him he was strapped to the humungus machine :o
MrSpeed

Postby toecutter » Thu Jun 17, 2010 5:32 am

Last time I saw him was in an episode of 'lano And Woodley' - he played the owner of a peanut butter factory that they sent broke by spilling anti-ant in the peanut butter, so he tries to kill them... its pretty funny. Bought the series on DVD. Laugh every time I watch it.
'Perhaps its a result of an anxiety'
toecutter

Postby MrSpeed » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:01 am

Its on the road, after 3 days back and forth from the garage i finaly got a road worthy onit :D no front indicators which turned out to be a loose earth & the guy never charged me for his time although i shouted him a 6pak of vb for his trouble,the next day i set off to qld transport to hand over the paperwork and some $$$, now heres the wierd part :? i didnt take the car with me and so was told to piss off as they would need to see the new engine number as it was showing a different one from the previous owner on thier records.... oh fuck i thought... nose cone,15x10 rears etc etc :( so i spent 2 days of this part of the journey taking a pppiece from another car, legal size wheels, and another pppiece from my xc needed the front bumper, ive been stripping the panels back to bare metal, so the car was green, yellow, blue, & black, so on went the flat black to tidy the apperance, before i knew it i was back in line at qld rta with the car this time waiting for my number to be called, luck would have it that i was seen by another inspector, who flicked through the paperwork asked for some $$$ and handed over the plates, i didnt know weather to laugh or cry, and it did cross my mind to to say... look ive busted my ass to get this car here, your gonna look at the friggin engine number just for the fun of it :lol: according to a nieghbour he reckons thier computers pick random one in ten vehicles to be checked for matching engine numbers and vin,with that all behind me,now the real work starts.

MrSpeed

Postby the armourer » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:49 am

It never ceases to astonish me at the crap you are forced to put up with to register your car over there. Bureaucracy run amuck. Engine/chassie numbers match?....On a nearly 40 year old car??? Rims only one size over stock? No scoops or protruding induction systems? No zoomie exhaust (aphyxiation hazard...really?)? No wheel flairs? :shock: But it's my understanding you can have these things if you have a special Car Club registration, but then you can't drive it everyday? Totally Bizaare.
"There are over 550 million smallarms in worldwide circulation. That's one weapon for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"

"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."
the armourer

Location: Up to my elbows in a '69 Dodge, getting ready for a wastelands run....

Postby roadwarriormfp » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:28 pm

the armourer wrote:It never ceases to astonish me at the crap you are forced to put up with to register your car over there. Bureaucracy run amuck. Engine/chassie numbers match?....On a nearly 40 year old car??? Rims only one size over stock? No scoops or protruding induction systems? No zoomie exhaust (aphyxiation hazard...really?)? No wheel flairs? :shock: But it's my understanding you can have these things if you have a special Car Club registration, but then you can't drive it everyday? Totally Bizaare.

They dont want matching engine numbers, they want to know what the number is...

A scoop is allowed, but can only be a certain height and no sharp edges etc...

Zoomies, well yes you will gas yourself having exhausts exiting next to your window..

Wheel flares are allowed... its the rim width that is the issue. Large wheels tend to snap axles. If you have floating hubs you can probably get an engineers report and make them legal.

There is no difference if the car is on club rego or not.
And on club rego you can drive it everyday within a 10km radious of your home, to and from a mechanics garage, to and from an official club meet or car show.
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby cruzn2the max » Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:34 pm

Last edited by cruzn2the max on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cruzn2the max

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars