BOB update

Like the name says...

Re: BOB update

Postby MadMatt » Sat Nov 15, 2008 10:13 pm

Aint it nice to have a fresh start on stuff!! Looks great! At least now when your done the car wont nickle and dime you to death! I went through and rebuilt/check over all the mechanicals when i started using my XB. Its very reliable! Then if somthing needs attention later you wont have to deal with rusted/dirty/seized, crap parts! Lookin good man! ITS worth it!!!
MadMatt

Postby MrSpeed » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:51 am

Guess ive been lucky so far most of the parts are in good condition, i just finished putting the wiper motor and mechanism back on the car, also the brakes are done, just the park brake to sort out, the support for the nosecone is nearly done, i would of finished it but i ran out of gas for the welder :(

will post some more pics of the progress soon.

Simon.
The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel, it'll take you ten minutes to hack through it with this, now if your lucky ? you can hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go !
MrSpeed

Postby MFP1 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 1:49 pm

Wow Mr.Speed That is coming along!!
I ALWAYS love to see folks doing their car right. Gound up is the only way to truly preserve these old beauties, and have all the systems be "Good as New".
Leave no bolt unturned!
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby MrSpeed » Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:08 am

I had some luck with the rear calipers on the 9 inch, the disks just needed a skim, as they did'nt look that old, the caliper seals look near new, so i will simply install new pads, then i need to set up the hand brake, buying some gas for the welder this weekend and get busy with the support for the nose cone, then off to the bottle shop for more grog... :D
The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel, it'll take you ten minutes to hack through it with this, now if your lucky ? you can hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go !
MrSpeed

Postby cob115 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 11:25 am

so more gas and beer ,love it,need some more pics of the beast Simon ,cheers pat
cob115

Postby MrSpeed » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:08 am

MFP1 wrote:Wow Mr.Speed That is coming along!!
I ALWAYS love to see folks doing their car right. Gound up is the only way to truly preserve these old beauties, and have all the systems be "Good as New".
Leave no bolt unturned!

cob115 wrote:so more gas and beer ,love it,need some more pics of the beast Simon ,cheers pat

Thanks fella's

MFP1 totaly agree with you, although i just wish i had more time on my hands.

cob115...(pat) more pictures soon, verbal update for now, out of beer again, but the gas for the welder is working overtime, im still mocking up the frame for the nosecone, not quite happy with it, so welded some rust replacement panels into the boot area, the car came with a wiring harness in 3 pieces, so ive been repairing that inbetween jobs, a trip to the wreckers secured a front lamp harness for the xc update headlights, and with a sobber head ive been cutting sections out of the nosecone to make way for the lights and open sections of the lower spoiler, i hope to have the park brake working this w/end, and im a bee's dick away from installing the engine and gearbox, just need to get the dash insatlled before i give it a heart beat.

will post pics soon

Simon.
MrSpeed

Postby MFPmaniac » Tue Nov 25, 2008 5:42 am

I'm all aflutter, and it ain't even my friggin' car! :lol: Are ya even sleeping in the house, or just a cot in the garage? Or have ya just given up sleeping? If that's the case all you need is to rig up an I.V. setup with a constant flow of VB and you'll have it finished in two weeks!

Can't wait the see it/hear it/ride in it! :D

Aaron
"We'll make it, move over!!!"
MFPmaniac

Postby MrSpeed » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:13 pm

Got one side of the zoomies made up today, im still no further on the support for the nosecone, as all it seems to do in sunny brisbane is rain.

MrSpeed

Postby MADASH » Wed Nov 26, 2008 1:12 am

Love the update pics! Keep 'em coming please. :D

Have recently purchased a XB coupe with the idea of building an interceptor as well and would appreciate any advice. Was wondering where you got your bodykit??? The nose-cone looks great and looks like a proper coupe front and not a van front.

Did you have to cut much out of the rear wheel arches to fit the 10" wide tyres? Also what wheels are you using? are they a custom off-set? And what brand are they, are they speedy wheels?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance

- Regards Ash
MADASH

Postby MadMatt » Wed Nov 26, 2008 7:24 pm

Hey great job on your zoomies! They look like mine! You shouldent need to cut the fenders at all to fit 10" rims. I think what helped me is my rear leafs have been re-arched so even without the shackles i had clearance! Isint the wiring for these cars sooooo simple!!! After working on Toyota's and other newer cars for a living these cars wiring is a breeze.
MadMatt

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars