Max to the track

Like the name says...

Max to the track

Postby Falcon » Mon Oct 13, 2003 10:53 pm

If you want some better times you should put a real supercharger on it, I personally think it's the best way to go.
Falcon

Max to the track

Postby Interdictor » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:02 pm

You might change your mind if you'd ever ridden in the beast. Turning the blower on and off at will is a fun all it's own! And from the sound of it, Bill needs traction, not more power.

A couple of fully loaded 50 gallon drums in the boot might give you that hook up you're looking for.... :)
Back from the dead!
Interdictor

Max to the track

Postby Falcon » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:04 pm

There's always room for more power! Power!
Falcon

Max to the track

Postby Anklecranker » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:06 pm

Bill, have you installed a LineLock?

Anklecranker

Max to the track

Postby Falcon » Mon Oct 13, 2003 11:07 pm

Those are fun...
Falcon

Max to the track

Postby torinoscj » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:15 am

No line lock,just a high rev,sidestep clutch and onto the brake.As to having a real blower,that is not the main thing with the car.Being able to turn a blower on or off is.Since that technology isvery complex and VERY expensive,I prefer the 'movie magic' way (fake),heck the real movie car didn't even have a bearing plate or rear cover!No,I have ways to make the car go as fast as I want,but am not adding them until I get the lack of traction issue sorted out.Cheers,Bill

The Blower,man,the Blower! He's in a coma!
torinoscj

Max to the track

Postby Gordon Hayes » Tue Oct 14, 2003 12:51 am

Hi,

I agree with you Bill.

When you pull that switch and the "Blower" kicks in it really freaks people out. At a show I did once I was lifting the engine revs about 500 RPM every time the blower was activated, a bit of careful accelerator control to match the red button and blower activation and I had a heap of people thinking that it was real.

I heard one guy in the crowd saying , that's not real its just fake, Pulled the red button upped the revs to match and this guy was hooked, Fooled him.

Ha HA HA L.O.L. Just don't open the hood!

I wanted to keep the "ON / OFF" effect for my next replica. Because it is what people expect from the car. A genuine blower is a great option, but to set it up and keep the correct film blower "look" in respect to the induction system, (fuel injection and not carbies) would be very tricky and expensive (if possible, I am sure it is you just need the dollars, more than I have) and you would also loose the air-filters.

I finally picked up the engine for my replica last night, about $15,000 AUD and 600 hp of "off its face" big block.

Should do the trick.

With the Torque this thing is going to be putting out. The engine builder (Graham Dowding) says it will be un-drivable on T/A's.

I said "Well that's the correct sort of power out-put for this car".[/font]

Regards

Gordon
[/font]
[/font]
Cheers

From OZ

Gordon
Gordon Hayes

Max to the track

Postby Falcon » Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:02 am

It's always great to hear about a car that has so much power that it's undriveable under certain circumstances. As I said, there's always room for more power!
Falcon

Max to the track

Postby torinoscj » Tue Oct 14, 2003 1:07 am

Good going Gordon,but remember,it's "600 horsepower through the tires".LOL Are you doing the clutched blower,like mine and are you going to have a four speed behind it?Cheers,Bill

The Blower,man,the Blower! He's in a coma!
torinoscj

Max to the track

Postby Gordon Hayes » Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:25 am

Yea, Ha ha ha... We will not be making 600 hp at the tyers, but we will be making close on the torque figure of a 600 Hp at the tyers engine.

I really want to end up running a Bull nose 4 speed manual top loader box, as the Bull nose mannual box was built to handle a big block.

Grant has a Bull nose box (HUGE - imput shaft) , sitting on the ground in the corner of the factory but I just can't afford the thing.

My budget is just so far in the red it has become stupid, he he he .. like every car build-up you end up in way over your head.

I am going to run the C6 Auto with a 3000 stall, the monster cam really requests a minimum 3500 Stall. But we will get away with the 3000 OK.

In is old life as 11 second drag car (11.2 sec) the coupe ran twin Predator carbies, on a high rise Weiand Manifold, with a 4000 stall and a mini spooled 4:11 diff.

It is now running a single Barry Grant Demon carbie @850 CFM, Eldelbrock victor junior 460 single plain inlet manifold, 3000 stall and a LSD 2.75 diff, the big diff is because we wanted to go hunting 200 MPH on the salt (but that salt run will need to wait until the bank account recovers some what).

In any case its 11 second capacity will be with the 4:11 diff, but its top end will now be "right into the Danger zone".

Everyone who has driven a highly modified 460 seems to be saying that I am in for a big fright, as the power and torque are just awesome.

Still sounds about right for a replica.

As in "When do we go for a ride!"

[/font]

Regards

Gordon
[/font]
[/font]

[/font]
Cheers

From OZ

Gordon
Gordon Hayes