NEED ADVICE !

Like the name says...

NEED ADVICE !

Postby Brasher » Mon Aug 18, 2003 9:49 am

XA Man - Nice, I hope you took your old man's advice, it pretty good.
"Two days ago I saw a vehicle that'd haul that tanker"
Brasher

NEED ADVICE !

Postby AdrianUK » Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:38 pm

Gordon,

thank you for that, it now sounds very tempting, "mid-winter in Korea" how can i resist ?

If they had been taking cars from OZ, would you have felt ok about hiring a replica out ?
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

NEED ADVICE !

Postby Gordon Hayes » Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:44 am

Hi Adrian.

The things take so long to build and cost so much time and money no way would it go any place with out me to supervise it.

And I would want to be there to supervise almost all the time.

I know little about this but you would need a water tight contract.

Covering insurance for every possibility.

Cheers

Gordon.

Cheers

From OZ

Gordon
Gordon Hayes

NEED ADVICE !

Postby AdrianUK » Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:10 am

The insurance cover is A-Z, which i presume would mean every possible angle, there is also a holiday package as well for 2 so you could keep your eye on the car, the only problem is having the time spare to attend, when i explained this to the uk organisers they came up with the idea of the owners of each vehicle working in a kind of shift, where as one could attend the first week and keep an eye everyones cars then another the following week or maybe two depending on how long they can stay and so on, i myself could probably spare a week if need be but there's always that doubt of leaving it in the care of others afterwards.

I know that the owners of the "eleanor" and "chitty bang bang" are as concerned as i would be, and i believe they may be there for the duration which is ok if you can afford to spend a couple of month out of the country, unfortunately i can't.

Another factor is it's not just a car to me, as you will know Gordon, it's a 20 year dream and no amount of insurance could compensate the loss.

Although it would be great for the car to be at this show as i believe it's gonna be quite an event, i'm still feeling the worry would far out weigh the benefits.
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

NEED ADVICE !

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:45 pm

Adrian,if i owned your car i would hyper ventilate if it was outside too long and if a bird sh*t on it then its time for the twelve guage,DON'T DO IT!!!! i swear the first day it gets shipped you'll go through some major withrawls like a crackhead LOL.
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

NEED ADVICE !

Postby AdrianUK » Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:29 pm

Bart, your way with words has only improved with time.

There is a bonus to all this, i've been told there will be beautiful girls attending, the down side is they're probably soaked in baby oil sliding all over the cars................................just remind me, why is that a downside?
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

NEED ADVICE !

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Wed Aug 20, 2003 1:18 am

Quote: Originally posted by AdrianUK on 20 August 2003

Bart, your way with words has only improved with time.

Thanx...I think Image
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

NEED ADVICE !

Postby intercooled » Wed Aug 20, 2003 11:02 pm

Adrian,

My brutal advice (hope you don't mind) is ... don't do it ... unless you are getting so much money that you can do another.

I know how much the car means to you. If anything happened, money or compensation wouldn't begin to cover it.

All the best

Sandy

P.S. Orange 1974 GT in Classic Ford, also, Nick has a letter with some pictures from Billing, and he wants his and your car to be featured by them. Write in Image

intercooled

NEED ADVICE !

Postby AdrianUK » Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:30 am

Sandy, just got a copy of classic ford, it was John who came across it by chance whilst flicking through the pages and told me about it, those 3 photos are getting around abit !!

Also had a phone call from the photographer at classic american yesterday, he was in the area and wanted to do the shoot this afternoon but unfortunately i'm so busy i couldn't spare the time so he's calling back in a few weeks or so.

I've been trying to imagine what my thoughts would be if the car was out of the country, i can feel a headache coming on already !! why couldn't it have been at the NEC Birmingham?!!!
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

NEED ADVICE !

Postby AdrianUK » Thu Aug 21, 2003 12:32 am

Sorry Bart, nearly forgot, yes it was a compliment !!
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars