mad max van

Like the name says...

mad max van

Postby greg » Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:41 pm

mad max holden panel van

my uncle brought this panel van,not long after mad max 1 came out.

He had a small car yard in moe victoria,and i remember being about,14/15 and going to moe drive-in,to see mad max 1.Being a drive-in and dark no one noticed the van

It was sold to a local who drove it more or less in to ground. I think it was later crashed or wrecked(not sure if it surfaced again)

I have pictures and the used car ad of the van.see-ya
holden man
greg

mad max van

Postby Brad » Wed Jul 02, 2003 12:50 pm

There are lots of guys on this board who could post pics of it for you, Im sure Peter would also like to see them, can you scan these pics and email them?

Brad
Brad

mad max van

Postby rockatansky4073 » Thu Jul 03, 2003 12:55 am

You gotta tell PETER this, he'd love it, and probably ad it to the MAD MAX VEHICLES SECTION - we're all curious about where these vehicles ended up, after the movie's.
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

mad max van

Postby MFP1 » Mon Jul 07, 2003 2:56 am

That is incredible!! How did your Uncle buy the car, do you know the story? Auction? All the cars sold as scrap to diffrent junkyards? I am sure everyone would like to hear the story as well as see the pix! I have heard that there is a picture in existance of the "march Hare" and "big Bopper" cars, crushed into cubes, sitting at the wreckers. I really think if I had the time, or money, I would dedicate my life to searching out the final resting places of these cars!!!
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

mad max van

Postby rockatansky4073 » Mon Jul 07, 2003 3:09 am

I'd join ya - MFP1 Image
rockatansky4073

mad max van

Postby MFP1 » Mon Jul 07, 2003 11:16 pm

Yeah, Lets Do it!!!! Perer has already gotten the anaswers on a few of them..... The Cobra Truck, The 2nd Black, and at least one buggy still remain from mm2 in borken hill area. The "Bubble Trike", and the "Holden HJ sandman" are accounted for.....most things would be known if we just found out what wreckers the cars went to, and what scrap dealer they sell their cubes too...... its a worthy pursuit, we should write a book, or make a documentary....Image
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

mad max van

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 10:48 am

I wanna know where MAX's YELLOW INTERCEPTOR went, cause personally i don't think GRANT HODGSON, or MICHAEL RENNIE have it, though they did have some pretty good points to go with their theorys.

And i'd love to see where the RED XA wreck went. you'd think that guy who has the INTERCEPTOR, F 100 and BUGGY, would have it if anyone. Plus what about those vehicles, that were still pretty much in one piece, like that Badarse T TOP MONARO, or the CHARGER - GYRO fire bombed, it was only burnt on the roof.

Plus there are two other vehicles accounted for. - PAPPAGALLO's LONE WOLF MACHINE, which was also used in THUNDERDOME, it survived. And the wreck of the VALIANT DART GUN, is in BROKEN HILL too, it appears on the WELCOME TO WHEREVER YOU ARE DOCO.
rockatansky4073

mad max van

Postby camchain » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:14 pm

I wouldn't mind knowing what happened to the green ute that was at the diner in MM1
Shoot The Tyre!!!
camchain

mad max van

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Jul 09, 2003 1:23 pm

All i know is what we all know, it has an owner somewhere in AUSTRALIA, as seen in that STREET MACHINE in the FAQ's MAGAZINE ARCHIVE. maybe not the original owner, but its in one piece.
rockatansky4073

mad max van

Postby allan » Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:26 am

camchain the ute is still on the road and going it was borrowed just for that shot and has been featured in streemachine magazine

allan
goose replicas
allan

Next

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars