The Red XA Coupe

Like the name says...

The Red XA Coupe

Postby MFP1 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 1:17 am

Dang are you guys way off from the RED XA now!! Thants ok though. But I think all TRUE mad max fans have a inborn love of Modifyed monster cars in general, well at least all the awesome cars from the MM film series. I myself like the red XA best!! (ok maybe the interceptor, its a day to day thing)...lol, anyway, my replica is a red XA based on a 1973 XA GS, barely started but getting cooler.
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

The Red XA Coupe

Postby rockatansky4073 » Thu Jan 16, 2003 3:05 am

That day to day thing is true as hell, i change my mind quite regularly, i mean of course the INTERCEPTOR is number 1 hands down, but when it comes to the villains, I usually do vote for the XA. but after seeing a couple of extra pictures of the LANDAU on the ROAD WARRIOR FOREVER SITE, i'd never seen before, that car moved up in place, cause you never really do get a good look at it in MAX 2, And it wasn't until i came across the MAD MAX FAQ in 2000, that i found out what kind of a damn car it was, before then i'd just written it off as a plane FALCON COUPE, though that front grill always put me off.

Then i started to build a model of the VALIANT with the fourpak dart gun, which required alot of pausing and sh*t of the movie to get a good look at it, and that started to look cooler each time too.

But sometimes that angry as hell beat up MFP MONARO of the NIGHTRIDERS, looks meaner than the interceptor, i mainly like it's battle scars, the torn up rear gauards and the tape crossed over the front spoiler even looks cool. Infact while i'm on the subject of MONAROs check out the red one with the T TOP. and the wierd front in MAX 2, that motherf**ker is intimidating.

But when it comes down to it FALCON IS KING...
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

The Red XA Coupe

Postby madmax_00uk » Thu Jan 16, 2003 9:43 am

I agree, the red Monaro is 1 mean looking car.
Madmaxuk

She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.
madmax_00uk

The Red XA Coupe

Postby PursuitSpecial » Fri Jan 17, 2003 4:03 am

Quote: Originally posted by Bronze21 on 17 January 2003

Greetings all,

Last week I went to the Detroit international Autoshow, mostly to see the new DEW98/Lincoln LS-based Mustang concept and to see the rebadged/recladded Holden Monaro...I mean the Pontiac GTO. You guys are right. The styling of cars has gone to the wayside for homoligation and productivity. Every GM part fits on some other GM somewhere. Every Ford engine will fit in another Ford. Like Jedidiah said; "No class, no style." They aught to take a look in the mirror to see their self image sometime. One newspaper stated that GM vehicles looked like they were designed by children (yeah, right out of the Center for Creative Studies here in Detroit). I too grew up around mostly Mopar and some Fords. Stuff like Road Runners, Chargers, Torinos, etc... I work in the auto industry building prototypes and show properties and nothing right now really excites me like the old cars. I'd rather go to the Autorama or the nightly cruise-ins than see the new F-UGLY stuff their producing now. There is NO way I'll ever get excited over these little 1:1 scale R/C "Tuna" cars. "Give me v-8's, or take my license away." Someone else want the soapbox?

Yeah, this has nothing to do with the red XA, but with the last post. I will have to disagree at some point here. I was born in 1984 and grew up around musclecars also (not mustang 5.0s), my dad has his '66 Cuda and also a '68 Charger R/T. So I really like them. I currently have 4 Chargers myself, two of those with big block V8s. I also agree I don't like the little electricity cars out there, but when you talk about the recent motor show, you left out a bunch of cool new cars. The auto manufacturers are at least heading in the right direction, putting out a product for the older people who grew up with the V8 RWD cars of the '50s and '60s. I'll name 4 for example...

*Cadilac 16 with the V-16 motor, sleek, nice styling, fast too.

*Dodge Magnum SRT - can be AWD or RWD, has a 5.7L Supercharged Hemi making over 430 Horsepower. 5 or 6 speed transmission. Is that V8 enough for ya?

*Chrysler Tomahawk - If you really have balls, you can get this one. It is an 8300cc Motorcycle. Yep, a 500 horsepower V10 from a Viper put in a motorcycle! Said to do 0-60 in 2.5 seconds, with a top speed of around 400mph.

*Ford Mustang - I really don't like mustangs, but with the new retro styling, I think it is a step in the right direction.

"I pursued my enemies and overtook them;
I did not turn back till they were destroyed."
-Psalm 18:37

Username: Jon (Jun. 28, 1999 - Oct. 17 1999)
Username: JtB (Oct. 17, 1999 - Mar. 31, 2000)
Username: PursuitSpecial (Mar. 31, 2000 - present)
PursuitSpecial

The Red XA Coupe

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sat Jan 18, 2003 2:02 am

hey , 'mad max oouk' heres the australian NISSAN BLUEBIRD TRX 1984 model, my car , note it's very old and pretty beat up due to mishaps here and there, including a 'roundabout incident', i mentioned in one of the GENERAL sections, which explains my rear righthand bumper missing, it's sitting in the boot (trunk) of my car i just haven't gotten around to putting it back on yet...

And here the car i wish i was driving, thanks to PLANET X MODELS...

rockatansky4073

The Red XA Coupe

Postby DetritusMaximus » Sat Jan 18, 2003 11:25 pm

To you guys in Aus. and N.Z.- any of you guys know anything about the 'Leyland Force 7"? What are they like?
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

The Red XA Coupe

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:24 am

whats the "leyland force 7"?
rockatansky4073

The Red XA Coupe

Postby madmax_00uk » Sun Jan 19, 2003 12:53 pm

Hi rockatansky4073, I've just seen your bluebird, it looks pretty beat up, on the UK version it has vents on the rear panels, near to the fuel cap and are those your models?
Madmaxuk

She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.
madmax_00uk

The Red XA Coupe

Postby rockatansky4073 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 8:34 pm

yeah, their mine, i spotted them in a SCIFI & FANTASY mag in early 2000, and had to get them, unfortunately at the time all i had to work from were some really old VHS copies, so colours were wrong and sh*t on the insides of the cars, i had to customise myself, especially on PART 2 's car. the a year later i got a DVD player and an 80CM television, and holysh*t i noticed all kinds of stuff i haden't seen on the video's, so had to buy two more, and re-do them, i'm still in the process of making them actually. i'm kind of taking my time, cause the main part of the last models was the awesome fun in making them. i worked on them both all day and night, and was done in a fortnite, this time i'm gonna be slow, and make the most of it... the damn things are expensive
rockatansky4073

The Red XA Coupe

Postby Intceptbuilder » Sun Jan 19, 2003 11:56 pm

Hi.

When the Interceptor was in the Whitman park motor museum in West Australia there was a Leyland force 7 in there, it might still be there

try http://www.whitemanpark.com.au/attractions/trams.htm[/font]

Cheers

Gordon
[/font]
cheers

Gordon
Intceptbuilder

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars