The Red XA Coupe

Like the name says...

The Red XA Coupe

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:22 pm

very similiar dude, almost identicle, same shape and sh*t, cept more boxy, plus mine was the sportier model, the 1984 TRX so i get a little spoiler on my boot (or trunk depends on your country), plus an aerial on the roof, and different bumpers on the front and back as the regular model. plus mines red. Very economical on fuel.

can you believe my dad owned 3 FALCONs, before he died, a 4 FOUR DOOR XB GT, a GTHO, and an XC, and i didn't have the damn money for any of them, unfortunately, the guy next door did, so he got the XC. and some guy's out of the newspaper got the others... Thanks mum... then again i couldn't drive back then, but what i'd give for them now...
FRIENDS DON'T LET FRIENDS DOWNLOAD FURY ROAD!
rockatansky4073

The Red XA Coupe

Postby madmax_00uk » Tue Jan 14, 2003 1:35 pm

Cool, your dad was very lucky, I like the old Australian Ford's, probably due to mad max and the fact that some of our older cars are not as great and I like the Holden HSV, I have seen a red pick up or ute where I live and i thought wow!!! Do u get much stick about your Blue Bird?
Madmaxuk

She's as nervous as a very small nun at a penguin shoot.
madmax_00uk

The Red XA Coupe

Postby rockatansky4073 » Tue Jan 14, 2003 8:33 pm

My dad pretty much raised me on FORDs as i grew up, i was never really mechanically minded, or even interested that much in them, till about 6 years ago, but ever arguments came up about cars, i was ordered to stick up for fords, in particular FALCONs. Plus where i lived as a kid in BRIDGEWATER, (HOBART, TASMANIA), there were two types of car FORD and HOLDEN, now you go out there and the area has become respectable, more expensive "respectable", cars, only a handful of the original tenants still live there, with the same old cars they had back then. So you pretty much HAD to chose a preference.

Surprisingly, the "MACHO" car now has changed here, and my kind of car now is funny enough, respected by hoons and the like. (must be the spoiler). You should see the "cool" cars now in australia, well tasmania anyway, Only the "dad's", and old duudes drive FALCON's and MONAROS, now, All the young hoons and dickheads drive this kind of car (that i'm gonna get alot of sh*t for bagging out, cause for some reason everybody loves them here in AUSTRALIA) the COMMADORE cringe, cringe, Damn i'm gonna cop sh*t for saying that, but if you take a look at it, it's really a terrible car, it does not compare (in looks anyway) to the old cars of the late 70's. But they are incredibly economical, and they are the easiest car to get spare parts for, though down here that also makes them the most stolen car around, next to the GEMINI, and yeah the NISSAN BLUEBIRD.

Actually if you haven't seen one of these cars ,check out the MAD MAX FAN DOCO "WELCOME TO WHEREEVER YOU ARE", there are ton's of them on that...
rockatansky4073

The Red XA Coupe

Postby madmax_00uk » Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:28 am

I was watching the V8 brutes on telly the other night, those pickups look cool, do they only race Fords and Holdens? And who makes the Gemini? We have cars in the uk that fro some reason get stick on the telly, for example the old vauxhall vectra and the lada.
Madmaxuk

madmax_00uk

The Red XA Coupe

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:43 am

Gemini's are another really cheap, small yet economical car, made in australia, by HOLDEN, most learners start off with them, And yet there another "hoon car", well in tasmania anyway.

There can't be that many people who look at this little section, or i'd be dead by now for my commodore comments, but then again, REAL MAD MAX fans shouldn't care since the only car that should matter is a FORD FALCON XB GT COUPE, though i do like MONAROS, TORANAS, and HQ's...
rockatansky4073

The Red XA Coupe

Postby madmax_00uk » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:02 am

I think we are the only two that talk here, here is another car that I like Image the Rover SD1. Image
Madmaxuk

madmax_00uk

The Red XA Coupe

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:18 am

I got a real problem i can't like anything made after 1980, they were just the cars i grew up with, and it was a time when every car looked different. Now in australia, you got all these cars DAIWOO, MAGNA, even the new FALCON, and they all look identical, their all streamlined and sloped the same way, They got alot of pick up, they'll give good competition to a v8 at the traffic lights, but they just don't look cool. Any car featured in the MAX's, (in particular PART 2) looks intimidating, and mean. I remember as a kid this guy lived round my block who used to drive round in a black HOLDEN SANDMAN PANEL VAN, and we were terrified of the driver, even though we couldn't see him cause the windows were tinted black, but the big mean van, was enough alone to keep our BMX bikes off the streets. Now look at the new MONARO they made, that ain't scaring sh*t.

Almost every car back then in australia looked like it was made with attitude, it was almost like the car factorys were competing in that alone, just to put out the angryest looking car.

Sorry i don't know a thing about english cars.

What part of england are you in? My mum and dad were from LANKASHIRE, moved to australia in 1976 had me the year later...
rockatansky4073

The Red XA Coupe

Postby madmax_00uk » Wed Jan 15, 2003 12:51 pm

I'm from Warwickshire, my grandad had 2 cars like the black one in the picture, but in blue and the other gold, thats why I like them and would really like one, the one in the picture has a Buick V8 in it. Have you ever been to the uk?
Madmaxuk

madmax_00uk

The Red XA Coupe

Postby rockatansky4073 » Wed Jan 15, 2003 10:21 pm

unfortunately na i haven't been yet, and i got alot of relatives over there, plus i gotta go there to "dump" dad's ashes he he he, cool reason to go huh, but that was his request. I woulda gone someday anyway. Plus my girlfriends brother is a nurse in LEEDS right now, he loves it so much he's buying a house over there, though he did say the downside is the music scene, like me he was a teen through the 90's so his musical tastes are industrial and grunge, (ya know NINE INCH NAILS, SOUNDGARDEN, L7 ETC.) there the guys i love, and he said all you get over there is pretty much dance and pop, not to criticize anyone who digs that music, but it's not for me, or him.

Is censorship still a huge poblem ove there? few years ago i got heavily into italian horror, you know CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST, CANNIBAL FEROX, all those 'VIDEO NASTIES', and during that time i used to get DARKSIDE magazine, and it used to always get readers writing in about the hell you guys go through in getting cool uncut horrors. I used to order most of mine from holland, and customs down here in tasmania are really slack they let anything go through. Plus i got a UK SELLTHRU of MAD MAX 2. couple of years ago, just cause i like to collect each countries version of the film, and it was cut of quite alot, the US SELLTHRU was the same, and even the australian dvd was taken from those prints, the only ELITE version i've ever found has been the original australian rental released in 1982, the otheres are cut of a close up of wez pulling the arrow out of his arm, half of papagallows speech and some other bits and pieces...
rockatansky4073

The Red XA Coupe

Postby goose replicas » Wed Jan 15, 2003 11:04 pm

HEY ROCKY YOVE BEEN SRUNG MATE YOU YOU UM FORGOT WAT I WAS GUNNA SAY LOLOLOLOL

ALLAN

GOOSE REPLICA'S
goose replicas

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars