MOTORCYCLE FAIRING

Like the name says...

MOTORCYCLE FAIRING

Postby PULSE » Tue Aug 13, 2002 10:48 pm

I just finished reading through every thread I could find on fairings for the bikes in MM. Sorry to start another one, but I was just hoping that we could all just concentrate the efforts on one thread.

I have been searching for a fairing diligently for about the last four years off and on. In bike grave yards from California to South Carolina, the web, even looked in Greece when I was there in the late 80s. There has got to be something out there! Paul's, Allen's, and Bubba Fat's leads all sounded great. However it looks like all but Paul's (and maybe Allen's??) have dried up. Bubba Fat your first postings sounded like you had a faring that was close?? Also I think it was Allen that had a close 2nd gen version??? At this point I would like to find any, even if it was so bad it close to dust. Is there anyone in the US with a version that maybe close? I am fairly good with glass/composite and have contacts that can vacuum form ABS, just need something (more that still photos from the movie) to start with. Has anyone ever been able to get any information from White House (Japan)?? [/font]
Pulse:

"One of the Texas Twelve"
PULSE

Location: San Antonio, Texas (it's not the wasteland, but you can see it from here)

MOTORCYCLE FAIRING

Postby allan » Thu Aug 15, 2002 3:23 am

well whitehouse stuff is far from good just an other copy and also my ine hasnt dreid up as you havent even contacted me for info i have the original seat base and mould took ten yrs but i have my 2nd gen faring is the only one from la pris so far that peter barton has seen or heard of and with little mods will bring back to original shape as la pris only placed a side wing to deflect wind and rain and a lower scoop on lower half to direct air to engine to reduce over heating!!!!!so untill you have seen mine or pic's please do not say mine has (dried up)
goose replicas
allan

MOTORCYCLE FAIRING

Postby PULSE » Thu Aug 15, 2002 6:09 pm

Allan: I'm sorry I didn't contact you directly, my deepest apologizes. In my post (above), I had no intent to imply that your lead ("in") had dried up it was just a question ("maybe Allan??") and that was based on me being a dumb @$$, I read your post wrong. Your post above dated 08 Aug. @7:37pm read (note the section I underlined) "if ya want a seat base they are avil now email me if want more info and the fairng no so far away" The way I read it was ... if you want more info. And the faring is a no so far anway. Again I underlined where I screwed up. To all those that I offended or confused I really do apologize, and especially to Allan. Peace.......

Additionally Allan In my post, I really did just mean to help. I would never copy somebody else's work without there permission. I didn't mean to imply that I would copy anything, but only help to restore one that maybe a bit bad off, or even assist in a reproduction. I only intended to say that through my experience and connections I would love to be a help in bringing these fairings back to the fans. Much like you, I just want a fairing and to see a MM bike on the street. I'm will to pay, work, sweat, labor, an whine for it, even if it's not for myself or my gain. Again I would never steal any ones work. And again my apologies to all, for any confusion and anguish I may have caused.

Allan I am deeply sorry....... if we were on the same continent I would make it up to you some how. If you can think of anyway I can, just let me know.

I just looked at the new section on the site. Allan your bike looks great!!! The fairing and seat are beautiful, that fairing is so close, it's great!!! Your work really did payoff. Again if it was I that caused you to close the opportunity for others to get the fairing I beg your forgiveness! If it was others, (or others as well as I) there will always be a risk of knock offs and copies. But I beg of you please reconsider, please please, please. We fans (especially those of us of the bikes) really need your support. Ether way you will always be the finder of the Holy Grail in my mind, and I thank you for bringing back even one bike. And if you do change your mind and bless us with your fairing wealth, I will gladly give you my sword and my steed in tracking down anyone who copies your product without authorization. [/font]

Pulse:

"One of the Texas Twelve"
PULSE

Location: San Antonio, Texas (it's not the wasteland, but you can see it from here)

MOTORCYCLE FAIRING

Postby Dave_H » Thu Aug 22, 2002 6:27 am

any idea what a replica fairing/seat would cost when it becomes available?
Dave_H

MOTORCYCLE FAIRING

Postby allan » Sat Aug 24, 2002 12:28 pm

dave h

email me on atwdav@aol.com.au i live in syd were r u???and i will give you a price on a seat base and the fairing

allan
goose replicas
allan

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars