mad max interceptor monza

Like the name says...

Postby MFP1 » Wed Jun 26, 2002 4:05 am

I have a line on an old style wieand blower (ala MM1), but the scott hat is seeming like a problem. I pretty much still have to get everything including all the stuff to convert my XA to an XB. I am however working with some people on geting some "reissue" parts from the movie, and seems like we will have several coming out soon, but I'd better not say too much untill its for sure.
"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby nelson » Wed Jun 26, 2002 8:29 am

Hey, mfp1 what are you going to change on your xa to make it more like an xb? The trim and dash, the rear? I have been lookin around for an xb but might have to settle for an xa
nelson

Postby AdrianUK » Wed Jun 26, 2002 6:38 pm

I was very lucky with my XA all the conversion to an XB was done, i dread to think how long it would have taken to find and purchase the parts from over here.even with the internet.

from what i can gather the front casing of the blower is cast off an original wieand casing with the name stamped in,.........i wouldn't have thought the blower hat was too difficult to make if you can't find one, i'm sure i read in Street Machine that Gordon Hayes originally started by making several cardboard templates until he got it right, whether or not he managed to get hold of an original in the end or did fabricate one together i can't remember but which ever he did it looks very much like the original one.
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

Postby me max » Thu Jun 27, 2002 10:48 am

Hey Nelson,

I know of 2 XB rolling chassis at the moment for sale, probably not far from you at Riverstone just might be what you are after.

Adrian, I have just built my Blower for the car and I can get hold of more. The full dummy set up ready to bolt on and is alot cheaper than Gordon Hayes and Martin's set up.
me max

Postby AdrianUK » Thu Jun 27, 2002 7:36 pm

Me Max, i wish i'd have known that before i sent my sack of cash but i'm glad you've mentioned it, i'm tempted to purchase a spare for future use, it would be good if you could e-mail me some figures for the complete set up.
AdrianBennett

AdrianUK

Postby nelson » Thu Jun 27, 2002 11:28 pm

I dont know a great deal about cars and was hoping to get a complete car, there are a few around at the moment just not what I am looking for, Rivo is not far from me. What needs to be done to the rolling chassis? I have a few mates who have redone cars before but I wanted this one to be my project.
nelson

Postby MFP1 » Fri Jun 28, 2002 1:47 am

Me Max and Adrian.

I am very intrested in a blower setup. At least parts and some info for creating my own. I have access to the centeral case, and a oldstyle backplate, as well as a newer style frontplate. I would like to find out where I can obtain an old style frontplate.

On the blower The question here is.......

For the fake blower setup, what all do I need in the way of blower parts

1) centeral case...

2)Backplate....

3)frontplate...

ok those I know for sure now how about this stuff....

a)Nose

b) Pully

c) what else.... for example

bolts?

Lower Pully setup (how do they do this)?

Gaskets?

other internal or external parts?

and what the heck do I do to adapt the blower OVER a regular 4bbl manifold and carb?

and what about the electric motor for driving the setup....what is used (electric water pump?)and how do they do it.

If you want to help with this and some other fun questions, I could use it.

Adrian, I would like a little advice when the nosecone gets here on framework and instalation.

Anyone out there who has goten one of those kits that comes with an instructional vid want to loan it out to the guy with just enough bodywork knolege to be dangerous?

"We'll see you on the road scag, We'll see you like we saw the nightrider!!!", "Perhaps its a result of anxiety...." MFP1
MFP1

Postby nelson » Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:49 am

I'd be interested to hear other people's thought on the fibreglass kits. I am going to use Gordon and Grant's stuff. I know the price and I think that its worth it to me. I have seen the other kit and think by the time you do the extra work and stuff it may well end up costing about the same. Also I am a bit old fashioned and Gordon has always promptly replied to my emails and questions and seems a fair bloke, perhaps he is a good business man and the other guys may also be good blokes but I like what I see with Gordon whole set up and the ease in communicating over the net with him. In the end you get what you pay for.
nelson

Postby me max » Fri Jun 28, 2002 2:54 am

MFP1,

First of all, I used an original 6-71 blower case and added a replica Scott Injector hat,back plate,drive snout,swing arm and idler pulley. I bolted the case to a frame which sit's 6"above the rocker covers, the idler pulley I had made up with a v-belt machined on the front in one piece, so it runs the 3"belt from the idler pulley to the top blower pulley and a v -belt on the front of the idler pulley down to an air conditioner unit. so the air conditioner has two v-belt pulleys so 1 runs constant with the car and when you hit the blower switch in the car it engages the Air conditioner and starts turning the front pulley to the idler pulley which turns your blower pulley. Does that make sense, if it dosen't let me know and I will try and explain it better. I can get all of these parts for a working dummy set up.Now you leave the case hollow so you can fit your Air Filter on over your carby.

I have pic's on the nosecone frame work as well if you need it.

"I am ready for your best"- The nightrider
me max

Postby nelson » Fri Jun 28, 2002 3:00 am

Hey, memax is the car ready and going to back2themax? I love to catch up over a beer or three and talk about the buliding process and marvel at your beast. Did you use the advance spoilers kit?
nelson

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars