MM3 article in latest AMC magazine

Like the name says...

MM3 article in latest AMC magazine

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sat Jul 18, 2015 8:09 pm

Interesting bit of info, leaves more questions open but, as there is at least 2 MM3 vehicles still around?

Image
We are 100% snafu....
User avatar
roadwarriormfp
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 1999 7:10 pm
Location: Suncity, Australia

Re: MM3 article in latest AMC magazine

Postby Taipan » Sat Jul 18, 2015 11:25 pm

Aw man, this is heartbreaking. Say what you want about the cars in MMBT, but I liked those things, yes even the Cow Car.

At least now we know where they met their demise, including the Lone Wolf Machine. Damn...

On a side note - those three blokes sitting in Auntie's vehicle make it look really tiny.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
User avatar
Taipan
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:14 am
Location: The Wasteland

Re: MM3 article in latest AMC magazine

Postby Get the bullet » Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:32 am

Great read. Thanks for posting. Interesting they survived that long.
User avatar
Get the bullet
 
Posts: 63
Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 3:28 am

Re: MM3 article in latest AMC magazine

Postby TheWarriorMax » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:41 pm

All the stories of destroying Mad Max vehicles has me wondering, is it just a common thing in the movie industry? Or maybe it's because they're so highly modified?
TheWarriorMax
 
Posts: 254
Joined: Mon May 04, 2015 7:31 pm

Re: MM3 article in latest AMC magazine

Postby Taipan » Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:16 pm

I think it's fairly common. Same thing happened to some vehicles from Fury Road that were perfectly fine but destroyed anyway to save the studio some money on shipping and insurance.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
User avatar
Taipan
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:14 am
Location: The Wasteland

Re: MM3 article in latest AMC magazine

Postby PhilC » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:04 am

Wonder why they stored em for so long then to just destroy em so far down the track? They could have given em to good homes even rather than destroy em. Ironbar's ride use to be displayed here in Adelaide for some time, makes me wonder if that was sent back and met it's fate with the rest of em?

Is this what will become of the Fury Road survivors down the track? :(
PhilC
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:58 pm

Re: MM3 article in latest AMC magazine

Postby Taipan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:26 am

The Andamooka Buggy aka Big Foot still existed as of 2007, was kept in storage in Adelaide.
Check out the story here:
http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Andamooka_Buggy

Fury Road vehicles that were on display are now sitting in storage somewhere in case they're needed for the sequel. Hopefully they're not going to get destroyed, I'm sure they'll be able to sell them in Australia to some collector. They tried selling some of the vehicles in Namibia, but no luck there, so they got thrown into the grinder.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
User avatar
Taipan
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:14 am
Location: The Wasteland

Re: MM3 article in latest AMC magazine

Postby roadwarriormfp » Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:45 am

PhilC wrote:Wonder why they stored em for so long then to just destroy em so far down the track? They could have given em to good homes even rather than destroy em. Ironbar's ride use to be displayed here in Adelaide for some time, makes me wonder if that was sent back and met it's fate with the rest of em?

Is this what will become of the Fury Road survivors down the track? :(


Im guessing they were stored just incase there was a hint of MM4 and they could be recycled again.

All the "fake" cars (stunt cars) made for Fast and Furious all get destroyed afterwards as they are worried about litigation etc.
We are 100% snafu....
User avatar
roadwarriormfp
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 1999 7:10 pm
Location: Suncity, Australia

Re: MM3 article in latest AMC magazine

Postby Taipan » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:03 am

roadwarriormfp wrote:there is at least 2 MM3 vehicles still around?


There's the Andamooka buggy, what's the other vehicle?
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
User avatar
Taipan
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:14 am
Location: The Wasteland

Re: MM3 article in latest AMC magazine

Postby PhilC » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:12 am

Taipan wrote:The Andamooka Buggy aka Big Foot still existed as of 2007, was kept in storage in Adelaide.
Check out the story here:
http://madmax.wikia.com/wiki/Andamooka_Buggy

Fury Road vehicles that were on display are now sitting in storage somewhere in case they're needed for the sequel. Hopefully they're not going to get destroyed, I'm sure they'll be able to sell them in Australia to some collector. They tried selling some of the vehicles in Namibia, but no luck there, so they got thrown into the grinder.


Wow after all these years it may still exist then.. Haha them pics in the link bring back some memories. Remember seeing there at that video complex. I call it complex as it was a huge shop on West Tce. It use ta be on display elsewhere also for some time. Really rackin the brain trying to recall but think it may have been a company called Rocca Bros that had it there carpark? They are no longer around but use to be automotive part traders.
I hope you are correct and at whatever point them FR vehicles are no longer required that there is at least a chance they will be sold off to a collector/s rather than being destroyed. The cars in Namibia i guess was a case of no money being coffed up to bring home more than was required which i guess makes a lot of sense with the amount of dollars already thrown at this the production. I'm sure they would of been happy to leave em intact but i believe the production was meant to remove everything from the country it brought in but an agreement was made to allow them to be scrapped instead. I think i read about that here on the forums?


roadwarriormfp wrote:
Im guessing they were stored just incase there was a hint of MM4 and they could be recycled again.

All the "fake" cars (stunt cars) made for Fast and Furious all get destroyed afterwards as they are worried about litigation etc.



That makes a lota sense actually.
PhilC
 
Posts: 180
Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 7:58 pm


Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest