Replica build caradvice

Like the name says...

Replica build caradvice

Postby Dave_H » Sun May 24, 2015 5:10 am

Dave_H
 
Posts: 473
Joined: Mon Jun 28, 1999 1:47 pm

Re: Replica build caradvice

Postby kravec201 » Sun May 24, 2015 11:11 pm

Great article, but its more look-a-like, than a real replica
User avatar
kravec201
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Rubber Kingdom

Re: Replica build caradvice

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sun May 24, 2015 11:24 pm

kravec201 wrote:Great article, but its more look-a-like, than a real replica


errrr pardon???? please do explain
We are 100% snafu....
User avatar
roadwarriormfp
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 1999 7:10 pm
Location: Suncity, Australia

Re: Replica build caradvice

Postby kravec201 » Mon May 25, 2015 12:13 am

roadwarriormfp wrote:
kravec201 wrote:Great article, but its more look-a-like, than a real replica


errrr pardon???? please do explain


DIfferent nosecone, rear flares, exhaust, to much wheel offset on rear wheels and of course paintjob, to shiny
User avatar
kravec201
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Rubber Kingdom

Re: Replica build caradvice

Postby roadwarriormfp » Mon May 25, 2015 12:49 am

Ummm...

You have seen MM1 havent you?
We are 100% snafu....
User avatar
roadwarriormfp
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 1999 7:10 pm
Location: Suncity, Australia

Re: Replica build caradvice

Postby kravec201 » Mon May 25, 2015 1:22 am

roadwarriormfp wrote:Ummm...

You have seen MM1 havent you?

Several hundred times) And i have a blu ray screens gallery, there i can see every detail on real one BOB mk1
User avatar
kravec201
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Rubber Kingdom

Re: Replica build caradvice

Postby roadwarriormfp » Mon May 25, 2015 1:53 am

So then you can clarify your comment...

Paintjob.... too shiney.

Car was shiney in the film. The builder forgot to paint the matt black parts of the car.

Cars flares kit while not taken from the original moulds, (only one person has those) is close.

Car is an XB Hardtop...

Rims are 15in... ok big deal, because you cant get 14in rims in that style and also impossible to get tyres to suit 14in rims.
Also impossible to find 35yrs old Radial TA tyres (and if you did, youd be stupid to put them on).

There are other minor differences yes, but calling it a "look-a-like" as opposed to a replica is not really correct.
We are 100% snafu....
User avatar
roadwarriormfp
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 1999 7:10 pm
Location: Suncity, Australia

Re: Replica build caradvice

Postby kravec201 » Mon May 25, 2015 3:28 am

roadwarriormfp wrote:So then you can clarify your comment...

Paintjob.... too shiney.

Car was shiney in the film. The builder forgot to paint the matt black parts of the car.

Cars flares kit while not taken from the original moulds, (only one person has those) is close.

Car is an XB Hardtop...

Rims are 15in... ok big deal, because you cant get 14in rims in that style and also impossible to get tyres to suit 14in rims.
Also impossible to find 35yrs old Radial TA tyres (and if you did, youd be stupid to put them on).

There are other minor differences yes, but calling it a "look-a-like" as opposed to a replica is not really correct.


Paint on this car is looking very simillar to original BOB in Miami, same shiny gloss that ruined some violence in BOBs style.

Rims 15, but as a real car had same size, so no problem, its just a to much negative offset, but sure it looks much more muscular and can give a great stance.

For me, if car dont have a two tone paintjob with pinstriping it is a look a like, BOB is BOB ;)
User avatar
kravec201
 
Posts: 51
Joined: Tue May 27, 2014 9:37 am
Location: Rubber Kingdom

Re: Replica build caradvice

Postby MadMatt » Mon May 25, 2015 6:51 am

Awwh that's a good story on his build up, much like anybodys replicas and some similar cases with mine aswell! lol Usually Black on Black means black interior and black exterior paint. But we know what the movie production crew ment. My Replica could be considerd more look alike. I have moved on to less movie acurate things on mine...but in the end it looks very Mad Max! And for me 1- living in the USA nobody gets all the details let alone just what the car actually is. 2- when you build something yourself from scratch you tend to.... after awhile what to make it your own! 3- after driving mine with a some of the movie correct suspension shackels and crapy all season "look like performance" easy to get in the states BFG Radials with tall sidewalls, I didn't like how the car handled so I have made my car a little more pro touring-ish than straight line driving. But with period tech. Also I like the sunrasia style spoke rims but just can wrap my head on paying soooo much for em here. And the regular wagon spoke rims hear look simalir but even cheaper "think trailer rims" se em everware here, on trailers. lol So custom orderd Minilite rims in black from UK. Allan Moffat would be proud! Hey they have the same amount of spokes and look great!
User avatar
MadMatt
 
Posts: 350
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:49 pm
Location: Small sleepy town south of Kansas City

Re: Replica build caradvice

Postby roadwarriormfp » Tue May 26, 2015 12:04 am

kravec201 wrote:
Paint on this car is looking very simillar to original BOB in Miami, same shiny gloss that ruined some violence in BOBs style.


Umm the original car was HIGH GLOSS. It had matt black pinstripes, bonnet, rear end etc.


Rims 15, but as a real car had same size, so no problem, its just a to much negative offset, but sure it looks much more muscular and can give a great stance.


Original car had 14in rims.. Car was built in 1977. 15in rims were unheard of. Even the Yellow cars had 14in Rims.

)
We are 100% snafu....
User avatar
roadwarriormfp
 
Posts: 3293
Joined: Sat Jul 10, 1999 7:10 pm
Location: Suncity, Australia

Next

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


cron