Original Interceptor in Miami

Like the name says...

Re: Original Interceptor in Miami

Postby PursuitSpecial » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:49 pm

Any pictures to see if the quick fella still might have a weapon or two under there?
_________________


"I pursued my enemies and overtook them;
I did not turn back till they were destroyed."
-Psalm 18:37

Username: Jon (Jun. 28, 1999 - Oct. 17 1999)
Username: JtB (Oct. 17, 1999 - Mar. 31, 2000)
Username: PursuitSpecial (Mar. 31, 2000 - present)
User avatar
PursuitSpecial
 
Posts: 634
Joined: Mon Jul 23, 2001 2:54 pm

Original Interceptor History

Postby Chase Bansi » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:17 pm

rustycarr wrote:So, was this car used in MM1 and 2?

Here's a quick history lesson for you. Take notes, there will be a quiz afterwards. http://www.madmaxmovies.com/mad-max-interceptor/index.html
This will make it easier for you to follow the discussion.
_____________________________


No matter where you go, there you are MFP 5863
User avatar
Chase Bansi
 
Posts: 1154
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:35 am

Re: Original Interceptor History

Postby rustycarr » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:41 pm

Chase Bansi wrote:
rustycarr wrote:So, was this car used in MM1 and 2?

Here's a quick history lesson for you. Take notes, there will be a quiz afterwards. http://www.madmaxmovies.com/mad-max-interceptor/index.html
This will make it easier for you to follow the discussion.


Thanks for the link and smartass comment, enjoyed them both
V8
rustycarr
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:27 pm
Location: TEXAS

Re: Original Interceptor in Miami

Postby CleveXB » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:56 am

As you can see in this link, they write than "the car started his life as a 73 model" .... so, it's wrong !

What others things are wrong ? question launched ! :mrgreen:
User avatar
CleveXB
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:08 am
Location: Paris, France

Re: Original Interceptor in Miami

Postby Desloc » Tue Dec 18, 2012 3:36 am

roadwarriormfp wrote:Those front rims are not the orginal ones either, as they appear to be a multifit rim, if you look at the hub you will see the extra holes...

Text removed due to pictures confirming rim style...

v/r
Mike
Last edited by Desloc on Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You think you're special?! We've all lost someone we've loved, but we're still human beings, with dignity. You? You're out there with the garbage... you're nothing."
Desloc
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:50 pm

Re: Original Interceptor in Miami

Postby Chase Bansi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:22 am

rustycarr wrote:Thanks for the link and smartass comment, enjoyed them both

My pleasure. ;)
CleveXB wrote:As you can see in this link, they write than "the car started his life as a 73 model" .... so, it's wrong !

What others things are wrong ? question launched ! :mrgreen:

I pulled this from another thread -
The white Black on Black http://www.madmaxmovies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9941
This info was posted by Sucks Nitro
Image

My uneducated theory on this is that the vehicle was manufactured in November 1973, but was the 1974 model year.
_____________________________


No matter where you go, there you are MFP 5863
User avatar
Chase Bansi
 
Posts: 1154
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:35 am

Re: Original Interceptor in Miami

Postby the_roadwarrior » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:35 am

Image

Image
the_roadwarrior
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:06 pm

Re: Original Interceptor in Miami

Postby Zarana-X » Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:46 am

You said the museum had flourescent lights! :o Flourescent lighting does terrible long term damage to plastic, paint, paper, and cloth. This is why real history and art museums will use incandescent lighting.

Also, I believe those wheels are multifit, 5x4.5 for Ford and 5x4.75 for Chevrolet/Pontiac.
"In order to create, you have to destroy"
https://www.facebook.com/ZaranaX
http://wastelandweekend.com/
User avatar
Zarana-X
 
Posts: 252
Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:47 pm
Location: California, USA

Re: Original Interceptor in Miami

Postby Desloc » Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:20 am

Great pictures on the rims, and they are multifit rims, looks like roadwarriormfp was correct.

We know that the original car in MM1 & 2 did not have multifit rims.(?) I don't have any clear pictures of the orignial rims to confirm but I am sure that Scott, Sam, or Doug would.
v/r
Mike
"You think you're special?! We've all lost someone we've loved, but we're still human beings, with dignity. You? You're out there with the garbage... you're nothing."
Desloc
 
Posts: 102
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:50 pm

Re: Original Interceptor in Miami

Postby CleveXB » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:14 pm

Chase Bansi wrote:
rustycarr wrote:Thanks for the link and smartass comment, enjoyed them both

My pleasure. ;)
CleveXB wrote:As you can see in this link, they write than "the car started his life as a 73 model" .... so, it's wrong !

What others things are wrong ? question launched ! :mrgreen:

I pulled this from another thread -
The white Black on Black http://www.madmaxmovies.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=9941
This info was posted by Sucks Nitro
Image

My uneducated theory on this is that the vehicle was manufactured in November 1973, but was the 1974 model year.



Ahhhhhhh ! i start to be mad :? !

Eh guys, i have spoken about this car, with this VIn, similar to mine !!!!! So, what is this 73 white GT, if the real one is a 74 model as seen on Ankle pics ..... You make me "dog" !

So, waiting your answers, i go to sofa to leak my balls ! ;)
User avatar
CleveXB
 
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:08 am
Location: Paris, France

PreviousNext

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 1 guest


cron