My VJ Valiant Charger!

Like the name says...

My VJ Valiant Charger!

Postby SAM B R.W » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:42 pm

Hey guys,

Sorry it has taken so long. Here are some progress pics of my VJ.

We have thrown in a brand new reco'd 265 with HIACE Extractors, FMX with B&M Quickshifter, new tail shaft and yolk, radiotor and the rest of it. Mechanically the car is tip top. It goes into the metal shop this week for body work...$6,500 worth of body work :cry:

I Will upload more pics once she's back in my garage.

"you know what i think?..Don't think, drink!"
SAM B R.W

Re: My VJ Valiant Charger!

Postby roadwarriormfp » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:27 am

Well done Sam !

Looks like a very good base car to work from.

Have you come to an agreement with your panel shop regarding the work?

ie: he sends you a invoice every 2 weeks? etc... so it doesnt blow out into a serious bill that your not expecting?
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby ANGELofFEAR » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:37 am

like it
ANGELofFEAR

Postby madmach » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:28 pm

I really like those cars. Nice project you got there!
madmach

Postby aussie muscle » Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:30 pm

nice to see you've made a start on it. sadly, it's in better condition than my charger ever was
aussie muscle

Postby the armourer » Thu Aug 16, 2012 8:35 pm

Awesome! Love to see those Aussie Mopars. Are you sure that transmission is an FMX? It looks a lot like a Torqueflite from that angle. Would it be possible to get some close-up pics of the steering box area? I have an idea I've been kicking around involving converting a '67-69 Barracuda to RHD.
"There are over 550 million smallarms in worldwide circulation. That's one weapon for every 12 people on the planet. The only question is: How do we arm the other 11?"

"The Teutonic reputation for brutality is well founded. Their operas last for 3 or 4 days and they have no word for 'fluffy'."
the armourer

Location: Up to my elbows in a '69 Dodge, getting ready for a wastelands run....

Postby MrSpeed » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:28 pm

WTF :!: two aussie blokes working on aussie muscle and not a beer in sight :( :lol:
The chain in those handcuffs is high-tensile steel, it'll take you ten minutes to hack through it with this, now if your lucky ? you can hack through your ankle in five minutes. Go !
MrSpeed

Postby aussie muscle » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:49 pm

the armourer wrote:Awesome! Love to see those Aussie Mopars. Are you sure that transmission is an FMX? It looks a lot like a Torqueflite from that angle. Would it be possible to get some close-up pics of the steering box area? I have an idea I've been kicking around involving converting a '67-69 Barracuda to RHD.

727 Torqueflite was the factory transmission. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Valiant_Charger
aussie muscle

Postby SAM B R.W » Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:29 pm

Thanks fellas.

Armourer you're correct it is a 727 torqueflight, threw the post up while at work.

Aussie muscle do you have any parts from your charger collecting days? Need a front stone tray!

Roadwarrior, all done. Handed him 6k in cash to do the work. I bought the panels from Elko in Bayswater VIC, 2x Door to wheel arch, 2x sills and a new boot floor.

Mr. Speed, was in training so couldnt smash too many beers. Plenty being demolished now though.
"you know what i think?..Don't think, drink!"
SAM B R.W

Postby OzHemi » Mon Aug 20, 2012 8:33 am

aussie muscle wrote:
the armourer wrote:Awesome! Love to see those Aussie Mopars. Are you sure that transmission is an FMX? It looks a lot like a Torqueflite from that angle. Would it be possible to get some close-up pics of the steering box area? I have an idea I've been kicking around involving converting a '67-69 Barracuda to RHD.

727 Torqueflite was the factory transmission. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_Valiant_Charger

Actually very few of them had Torqueflites....most were Borg Warner 35's (when coming with an auto that is)

I've brought and owned a bunch of Oz Chargers here..still have a heap of spares...guards, bonnets, nose cones, and think a couple stone trays even, ha ha.. (Know I have a VH one, might have a VJ/K one too...not sure off the top of my head)

And while the car is in bits, have you thought about going with a rack steering and getting rid of the box? I used a setup from Paul (Elko) years and years ago and makes the car heaps nicer to drive..
OzHemi

Next

Return to Film Cars and Replica Cars