Is Mad Max so far from the truth "Fuel Crises"

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Is Mad Max so far from the truth "Fuel Crises"

Postby Wayne Jones » Thu Jul 15, 1999 2:59 am

In Mad Max a maine factor of the dacay of the earth is the shortage of fuel. Now Mad Max is classed a fiction, but is it mierly a prediction of the future. You see reserch was done on the amount of crude oil supplies, and the result was that there is only enogh oil to ast another 50 or so years. I aint bullshitting this is true. So when the day comes for highpowered vehicles to begin there scavange of the wastlands, will it be in the near future.

The reserch i mentioned took place a 2 years ago.

Wayne Jones
Wayne Jones

Re: Is Mad Max so far from the truth "Fuel Crises"

Postby Jason Carlton » Thu Jul 15, 1999 3:55 am

In Reply to: Is Mad Max so far from the truth "Fuel Crises" posted by Wayne Jones on July 15, 1999 at 10:59:56:

: In Mad Max a maine factor of the dacay of the earth is the shortage of fuel. Now Mad Max is classed a fiction, but is it mierly a prediction of the future. You see reserch was done on the amount of crude oil supplies, and the result was that there is only enogh oil to ast another 50 or so years. I aint bullshitting this is true. So when the day comes for highpowered vehicles to begin there scavange of the wastlands, will it be in the near future.

: The reserch i mentioned took place a 2 years ago.

: Wayne Jones

Hey Wayne: Check out my thoughts on a fuel crisis senario resulting from y2k earlier on this messsage board (Middle East is not y2k compliant = fuel shortage for the rest of the world).
Jason Carlton

Postby AKR » Thu Jul 15, 1999 4:00 pm

In Reply to: Is Mad Max so far from the truth "Fuel Crises" posted by Wayne Jones on July 15, 1999 at 10:59:56:

A few years ago, I wrote a letter to the government about the "oil shortage." What they told me is that we have hundreds of billions barrels of oil which means we have a lot - a lot more than will last 50 years.

: In Mad Max a maine factor of the dacay of the earth is the shortage of fuel. Now Mad Max is classed a fiction, but is it mierly a prediction of the future. You see reserch was done on the amount of crude oil supplies, and the result was that there is only enogh oil to ast another 50 or so years. I aint bullshitting this is true. So when the day comes for highpowered vehicles to begin there scavange of the wastlands, will it be in the near future.

: The reserch i mentioned took place a 2 years ago.

: Wayne Jones
AKR

Postby Wayne Jones » Thu Jul 15, 1999 4:18 pm

In Reply to: Re: Is Mad Max so far from the truth "Fuel Crises" posted by Jason Carlton on July 15, 1999 at 11:55:09:

: : In Mad Max a maine factor of the dacay of the earth is the shortage of fuel. Now Mad Max is classed a fiction, but is it mierly a prediction of the future. You see reserch was done on the amount of crude oil supplies, and the result was that there is only enogh oil to ast another 50 or so years. I aint bullshitting this is true. So when the day comes for highpowered vehicles to begin there scavange of the wastlands, will it be in the near future.

: : The reserch i mentioned took place a 2 years ago.

: : Wayne Jones

: Hey Wayne: Check out my thoughts on a fuel crisis senario resulting from y2k earlier on this messsage board (Middle East is not y2k compliant = fuel shortage for the rest of the world).

Hey jason

i am stocking up, and mate of mine has a shit load or gas. I havnt got as much as i would like but enough to get me through the wastlands

Wayne
Wayne Jones

Postby Jason Carlton » Fri Jul 16, 1999 12:06 am

In Reply to: Re: Is Mad Max so far from the truth "Fuel Crises" posted by Wayne Jones on July 16, 1999 at 00:18:51:

: : : In Mad Max a maine factor of the dacay of the earth is the shortage of fuel. Now Mad Max is classed a fiction, but is it mierly a prediction of the future. You see reserch was done on the amount of crude oil supplies, and the result was that there is only enogh oil to ast another 50 or so years. I aint bullshitting this is true. So when the day comes for highpowered vehicles to begin there scavange of the wastlands, will it be in the near future.

: : : The reserch i mentioned took place a 2 years ago.

: : : Wayne Jones

: : Hey Wayne: Check out my thoughts on a fuel crisis senario resulting from y2k earlier on this messsage board (Middle East is not y2k compliant = fuel shortage for the rest of the world).

: Hey jason

: i am stocking up, and mate of mine has a shit load or gas. I havnt got as much as i would like but enough to get me through the wastlands

: Wayne

Careful about two things: Those in need of gas AND "KaBoom" - skillful storage is a key...
Jason Carlton

Postby Fritz » Thu Jul 22, 1999 4:54 am

Don't forget, gasoline tends to go bad when it sits for a long time. (speaking from experience)
Fritz

Return to General Movie Discussion