15 FACTS you must know about IRONBAR BASSEY!

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

15 FACTS you must know about IRONBAR BASSEY!

Postby Uncle Entity » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:21 am

FIFTEEN FACTS you must know about IRONBAR BASSEY:

1- He "comes back" from defeat/apparent death aprox. 7 times.

2- He is the leader of the Imperial Guards, but lately becomes the new Ruler of Underworld (and starts to misbehave towards Aunty herself).

3- Likely, he was one of the main members of the gang of Marauders Aunty led before she would start to build a new civilization. Technically speaking, he's the last savage Marauder from the MM2 era still alive.

4- Abilities: quickness, strength, physical resistance and extreme temperature endurance.

5- He has a deformed right foot, equine-shaped.

6- His weapons of choice: machete, slipknot, brass knuckle with pikes, crossbow, Imperial Musket.

7- He takes his post-holocaust name from the kabuki mask pole he carries on his back. It is unknown if "Bassey" is his civilian surname.

8- Sexuality uncertain; maybe bisexual (some "hints": kissing Master's forehead; tender attitude towards his own kabuki mask).

9- His fave sport is a sort of barbaric arm wrestling involving a panel filled with pikes.

10- After murdering someone, he blows on the pipe of the crossbow like it would be a gun (typical cowboy gesture).

11- The Buzzzzzz. He emits a very strange sound (resembling a "bee buzz") when struggling too much. See at the end of the Audition or during the postmodern arm wrestling.

12- Through the entire movie, he just says 7 (very short) lines: "Maybe" (answer to Aunty when questioned about Max's capability to defeat MasterBlaster); "MasterBlaster, listen to the law" (advice to start the Thunderdome fight); "Kill him" (when Max refuses to kill Blaster); "No, Little Man. We've only just begun" (to Master, some seconds before killing Blaster); "Fix it" (to Master, when Underworld energy machinery has issue); "Ahhh Pig-Killer" (before shooting Pig-Killer with a massive harpoon); "Come on now" (to the biker, during the chase).

13- In the movie, he drives two vehicles (including the Hand Car) and travels on the fighting platform of a Junkmobile.

14- He HATES Mad Max. He registered Max as potential *beep* ready to mess with civilization as much as the warrior approached Bartertown's external entrance. He attempted to kill Max during the Audition... twice!
He also managed to hit Max with a shovel, taking advantage of his cloudy left eye, right before the demise of Underworld.

15- In a 1988 interview, popular Aussie rockstar Angry Anderson kinda "confirmed" Bassey dies at the very end of the chase - but that's just his personal opinion!
Last edited by Uncle Entity on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Re: 15 FACTS you must know about IRONBAR BASSEY!

Postby bike » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:03 pm

Uncle Entity wrote:FIFTEEN FACTS you must know about IRONBAR BASSEY:

15- From 1985, post-holocaust ignorant movie buffs compare him to Mighty Wez, but he doesn't give a shit about it! (hahahaha).

Mighty Wez laughs in Ironbar`s general direction. Wasn`t this the longest topic ever on this page?
bike

Postby Uncle Entity » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:09 pm

An excerpt of interview they did to Angry:

How did you get the role of playing Iron Bar Bassey in Mad Max 3 (Thunderdome)?
Well, I was actually gonna be in the second movie but because we had to go on tour that couldn’t happen so when the 3rd movie began I rang Kennedy / Miller (the producers) and said ‘do you remember me?’ and they said ‘sure, we’d love to have you’ - of course I was more famous by then ha ha - but they didn’t know what to do with me. They had an idea for a character with a small part - don’t you fuckin laugh ha ha - but when I got there I just wouldn’t leave so that’s how the character of Ironbar evolved.

How easy was it to work alongside big stars like Tina Turner and Mel Gibson?
Easy. Piss easy actually. Tina’s a lovely lady though I think she never quite got used to how informal we were in relation to her celebrity status. I guess when you’re on set with someone for 6 weeks you have to accept people belching and farting in your presence or asking you if you got laid last night ha ha! As for Mel, well he’s an Aussie and I think in his heart he still is today.

I think what really made those films was the amazing landscapes filmed in the Outback..
Yeah, there’s something about the desert that appeals to people. I think the British actor Peter O’Toole in the film ‘Lawrence of Arabia’ summed it up when he said that the desert was clean, it tidies itself up and nothing is wasted. It’s pristine and many people don’t realise that it’s an ecosystem in itself.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Postby Uncle Entity » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:23 pm

Hey guys, just relax, don't turn this into another "let's bash Thunderdome" thread. :)

Let's talk about Ironbar instead! 8-)
Uncle Entity

Postby frank » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:17 am

Aunty recruited Ironbar from the circus. If you look closely you will notice Ironbar is wearing a clown shoe throughout the entire movie.
Luke, the tyre, shoot the tyre!
frank

Postby Uncle Entity » Sun Nov 08, 2009 9:24 am

frank wrote:Aunty recruited Ironbar from the circus. If you look closely you will notice Ironbar is wearing a clown shoe throughout the entire movie.

The circus hypothesis is 100% right, but because another reason, my friend: that foot is deformed. It's equine. Have you ever noticed? Look closely! It's not a "clown shoe".
Uncle Entity

Postby Desloc » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:05 am

Uncle Entity wrote:
frank wrote:that foot is deformed. It's equine. Have you ever noticed? Look closely! It's not a "clown shoe".

It is a golf bag, still making Ironbar Bassey a second rate villain to what we had in MM and MM2.
v/r
Mike
"You think you're special?! We've all lost someone we've loved, but we're still human beings, with dignity. You? You're out there with the garbage... you're nothing."
Desloc

Postby Uncle Entity » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:16 am

Desloc wrote:It is a golf bag,

Golf bag? Are you Alice Cooper?
Uncle Entity

Postby Uncle Entity » Sun Nov 08, 2009 10:24 am

Learn!
Uncle Entity

Postby Karol » Sun Nov 08, 2009 3:34 pm

I just took a look at the DVD today. Ironbar's right foot definitely looks like a big hoof. I don't know if that was intentional, though. Instead of a boot, he's got a cylindrical leather thing on his foot with a strap above the ankle.
Karol

Next

Return to General Movie Discussion