The Red wipeout in MM2

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

The Red wipeout in MM2

Postby Mark » Tue Jul 13, 1999 7:48 pm

I have a sneaky feelin' that the red wipout in MM2 was marketed in the UK as a Mark 1 Granada Coupe - looking at the pictures of it and after watching the film, it clearly is a Mk1 coupe. I should know, me dad's got one n his garage (same colour as well!)
Mark

Re: The Red wipeout in MM2

Postby Dave_H » Tue Jul 13, 1999 8:13 pm

In Reply to: The Red wipeout in MM2 posted by Mark on July 14, 1999 at 03:48:53:

: I have a sneaky feelin' that the red wipout in MM2 was marketed in the UK as a Mark 1 Granada Coupe - looking at the pictures of it and after watching the film, it clearly is a Mk1 coupe. I should know, me dad's got one n his garage (same colour as well!)

Mark,

I saw a later model "granada" in Ireland when I was over there 2 years ago which looked to me to be exactly the same as a later series XD falcon here in Aus. With pommy fuel being so bloody expensive, I assume it didnt come with a normal falcon engine.

compared with most 2 ltr "family sized" cars over there, this thing was a monster size.

based on that and your statement, there appear be a lot of similarities between these two car families can you please post or email a picture of this granada coupe so I or this group could confirm this?

Dave
Dave_H

Postby Dave_H » Tue Jul 13, 1999 8:48 pm

In Reply to: Re: The Red wipeout in MM2 posted by David Hilder on July 14, 1999 at 04:13:56:

: : I have a sneaky feelin' that the red wipout in MM2 was marketed in the UK as a Mark 1 Granada Coupe - looking at the pictures of it and after watching the film, it clearly is a Mk1 coupe. I should know, me dad's got one n his garage (same colour as well!)

: Mark,

: I saw a later model "granada" in Ireland when I was over there 2 years ago which looked to me to be exactly the same as a later series XD falcon here in Aus. With pommy fuel being so bloody expensive, I assume it didnt come with a normal falcon engine.

: compared with most 2 ltr "family sized" cars over there, this thing was a monster size.

: based on that and your statement, there appear be a lot of similarities between these two car families can you please post or email a picture of this granada coupe so I or this group could confirm this?

: Dave

Mark,

further to my earlier comments, I got off my arse and checked a granada site on the web, If your car is similar to the one pictured at http://members.tripod.com/~drdesign/mk1page.htm then I would say that no the granada coupe rear is not the same as the xa wipeout falcon (and indeed the interceptor)

Dave
Dave_H

Postby roadwarriormfp » Wed Jul 14, 1999 8:19 pm

In Reply to: Re: The Red wipeout in MM2 posted by David Hilder on July 14, 1999 at 04:48:54:

: : : I have a sneaky feelin' that the red wipout in MM2 was marketed in the UK as a Mark 1 Granada Coupe - looking at the pictures of it and after watching the film, it clearly is a Mk1 coupe. I should know, me dad's got one n his garage (same colour as well!)

: : Mark,

: : I saw a later model "granada" in Ireland when I was over there 2 years ago which looked to me to be exactly the same as a later series XD falcon here in Aus. With pommy fuel being so bloody expensive, I assume it didnt come with a normal falcon engine.

: : compared with most 2 ltr "family sized" cars over there, this thing was a monster size.

: : based on that and your statement, there appear be a lot of similarities between these two car families can you please post or email a picture of this granada coupe so I or this group could confirm this?

: : Dave

:

: Mark,

: further to my earlier comments, I got off my arse and checked a granada site on the web, If your car is similar to the one pictured at http://members.tripod.com/~drdesign/mk1page.htm then I would say that no the granada coupe rear is not the same as the xa wipeout falcon (and indeed the interceptor)

: Dave

Hey now...the car is a heavly modified XB or XC Falcon coupe...XB more like...just look at the tail lights...on XCs they sit flush..on XBs the lenses are tilted inwards at the top..has no one read the info on here??
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby Wayne Jones » Wed Jul 14, 1999 11:03 pm

In Reply to: Re: The Red wipeout in MM2 posted by Slippery Sam on July 15, 1999 at 04:19:19:

: : : : I have a sneaky feelin' that the red wipout in MM2 was marketed in the UK as a Mark 1 Granada Coupe - looking at the pictures of it and after watching the film, it clearly is a Mk1 coupe. I should know, me dad's got one n his garage (same colour as well!)

: : : Mark,

: : : I saw a later model "granada" in Ireland when I was over there 2 years ago which looked to me to be exactly the same as a later series XD falcon here in Aus. With pommy fuel being so bloody expensive, I assume it didnt come with a normal falcon engine.

: : : compared with most 2 ltr "family sized" cars over there, this thing was a monster size.

: : : based on that and your statement, there appear be a lot of similarities between these two car families can you please post or email a picture of this granada coupe so I or this group could confirm this?

The red falcon hardtop in mad max is most difinatly a XA. It has the XAs doors, bonnet and tail lights. Actualy the XBs and XC tail lights sit flush wheres the XAs tilt in wards.

Wayne Jones

: : : Dave

: :

: : further to my earlier comments, I got off my arse and checked a granada site on the web, If your car is similar to the one pictured at http://members.tripod.com/~drdesign/mk1page.htm then I would say that no the granada coupe rear is not the same as the xa wipeout falcon (and indeed the interceptor)

: Hey now...the car is a heavly modified XB or XC Falcon coupe...XB more like...just look at the tail lights...on XCs they sit flush..on XBs the lenses are tilted inwards at the top..has no one read the info on here??
Wayne Jones

Postby George Kritty » Sun Jul 25, 1999 2:13 am

In Reply to: Re: The Red wipeout in MM2 posted by Slippery Sam on July 15, 1999 at 04:19:19:

: : : : I have a sneaky feelin' that the red wipout in MM2 was marketed in the UK as a Mark 1 Granada Coupe - looking at the pictures of it and after watching the film, it clearly is a Mk1 coupe. I should know, me dad's got one n his garage (same colour as well!)

: : : Mark,

: : : I saw a later model "granada" in Ireland when I was over there 2 years ago which looked to me to be exactly the same as a later series XD falcon here in Aus. With pommy fuel being so bloody expensive, I assume it didnt come with a normal falcon engine.

: : : compared with most 2 ltr "family sized" cars over there, this thing was a monster size.

: : : based on that and your statement, there appear be a lot of similarities between these two car families can you please post or email a picture of this granada coupe so I or this group could confirm this?

: : : Dave

: :

: : further to my earlier comments, I got off my arse and checked a granada site on the web, If your car is similar to the one pictured at http://members.tripod.com/~drdesign/mk1page.htm then I would say that no the granada coupe rear is not the same as the xa wipeout falcon (and indeed the interceptor)

: Hey now...the car is a heavly modified XB or XC Falcon coupe...XB more like...just look at the tail lights...on XCs they sit flush..on XBs the lenses are tilted inwards at the top..has no one read the info on here??

O.K. Trust me, I know what I'm taking about when it comes to Ford coupes.The wipeout car was infact a XA falcon (both XB and XC rear lights are flush).The wipeout car used a XB front grill and front guards.Why? Probably to accomadate the

huge front spoiler.

G.Kritty
George Kritty

Return to General Movie Discussion