Snuffed out stuntman

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Snuffed out stuntman

Postby Jason Carlton » Tue Jul 27, 1999 4:35 am

I've read numerous times a stuntman was killed in the line of duty during the shooting of Mad Max. My question is, was this cut from the film out of respect, or did Miller reshoot it? So what scene was it? My money is on the Interceptor game of chicken at the bridge...
Jason Carlton

Re: Snuffed out stuntman

Postby Peter Barton » Tue Jul 27, 1999 12:24 pm

In Reply to: Snuffed out stuntman posted by Jason Carlton on July 27, 1999 at 12:35:11:

: I've read numerous times a stuntman was killed in the line of duty during the shooting of Mad Max. My question is, was this cut from the film out of respect, or did Miller reshoot it? So what scene was it? My money is on the Interceptor game of chicken at the bridge...

No one was ever killed on any of the Mad Max films. There is a consistent urban myth that the biker who is hit in the head with the bike in Mad Max got killed, which is false. If he did, they wouldn't have used the footage. Checked the "Interceptor For Sale" page, the only injury on Mad Max was Grant Page, and that wasn't even on set.

There were also rumours about Mad Max 2, if you've seen the making of you will know that more people did in fact get injured, but again, no one was killed.

There WAS a crewperson killed on the Australian film Midnite Spares about a year after Mad Max 2, a lot of the same crew were involved in that film. A few people have also made the mistake of thinking that this death occured on Mad Max 2.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Return to General Movie Discussion