Best cars for the least money

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Best cars for the least money

Postby The Fonz » Tue Jul 27, 1999 2:28 am

Hi.

I was wondering, what cars do you reccomend that are under 30 thousand and offer good performance? I live in the states. I was told the top 3 in this category would be Mustang Cobra, Camaro Z28 and Transam. I was told that with just a few thousand to modify the exhaust systems, I can have a car still under 30 thous that's equivalent to the more expensive 40K + vehicles. Is this statement accurate? Just wondering.
The Fonz

Re: Best cars for the least money

Postby Jason Carlton » Tue Jul 27, 1999 4:26 am

In Reply to: Best cars for the least money posted by The Fonz on July 27, 1999 at 10:28:44:

: Hi.

: I was wondering, what cars do you reccomend that are under 30 thousand and offer good performance? I live in the states. I was told the top 3 in this category would be Mustang Cobra, Camaro Z28 and Transam. I was told that with just a few thousand to modify the exhaust systems, I can have a car still under 30 thous that's equivalent to the more expensive 40K + vehicles. Is this statement accurate? Just wondering.

I asked about the best Interceptor version stateside for the money earlier on the board. Check it out, I got decent responses...
Jason Carlton

Re: Best cars for the least money

Postby andre N » Tue Jul 27, 1999 8:46 am

In Reply to: Best cars for the least money posted by The Fonz on July 27, 1999 at 10:28:44:

You are correct. Mustang Camaro and Firebird are by far your best bets. Check this months issue of Car and Driver for Comparison of all the hottest versions (SVT Cobra,SS, and T/A). You can also go to the slightly lower perf versions and save some money and still have a great ride for well under 30K.

Regarding exhaust--catalyst back improvements will add maybe 5% or so in power, but lots of noise (and more attention from the bronze)
andre N

Return to General Movie Discussion