A couple of questions...

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

A couple of questions...

Postby Jon » Mon Jul 26, 1999 8:41 pm

The first one might be a little more for Peter. I noticed in the MM1 Trivia/flubs section that you stated that approx. 20% of chase scenes scheduled were not shot due to lack of money. I'm just curious how you got this info, from the book(?), if so what were some of them like? And finally, there was also said in the MM1 flubs/trivia, it said that right before Bubba dies, the stuntman uses the wrong hand to close the visor. When the visor is open, right before he shuts it, you can get a pretty good look at his face, I always thought this looked a lot like Bubba. Is it my imagination, or was that stuntman a really good look-a-like(or was that really bubba?)?
Jon

Re: A couple of questions...

Postby Night Rider » Tue Jul 27, 1999 12:35 am

In Reply to: A couple of questions... posted by Jon on July 27, 1999 at 04:41:52:

In the book there really aren't any more chases and stuff than in the movie they are just longer and explained very indepth.

: The first one might be a little more for Peter. I noticed in the MM1 Trivia/flubs section that you stated that approx. 20% of chase scenes scheduled were not shot due to lack of money. I'm just curious how you got this info, from the book(?), if so what were some of them like? And finally, there was also said in the MM1 flubs/trivia, it said that right before Bubba dies, the stuntman uses the wrong hand to close the visor. When the visor is open, right before he shuts it, you can get a pretty good look at his face, I always thought this looked a lot like Bubba. Is it my imagination, or was that stuntman a really good look-a-like(or was that really bubba?)?
Night Rider

Re: A couple of questions...

Postby Peter Barton » Tue Jul 27, 1999 6:28 pm

In Reply to: A couple of questions... posted by Jon on July 27, 1999 at 04:41:52:

: I noticed in the MM1 Trivia/flubs section that you stated that approx. 20% of chase scenes scheduled were not shot due to lack of money. I'm just curious how you got this info, from the book(?), if so what were some of them like?

This info came from someone who had spoken with someone many years ago who worked on the film. The Bongo van trivia came from the same guy. At that time I didn't know much more about it, and I still don't know where the magical "20%" figure comes from. These days I do know that there was stuff in the script that wasn't filmed, but I also know them filmed a bunch of stuff which they never used, including a few car / bike sequences (the drag scene being a good example, there is a photo on the cut scenes page). You really should check that page if you haven't already, it pretty much details everything I currently know.

: And finally, there was also said in the MM1 flubs/trivia, it said that right before Bubba dies, the stuntman uses the wrong hand to close the visor. When the visor is open, right before he shuts it, you can get a pretty good look at his face, I always thought this looked a lot like Bubba. Is it my imagination, or was that stuntman a really good look-a-like(or was that really bubba?)?

This is something I'm still not really 100% sure on myself, and if it wasn't for the right / left hand thing I probably wouldn't have believed it. All you see through the visor are Bubba's eyes and eyebrows. I know what the stuntman looks like, and I have to say, he DOES have the right eyebrows to pull this one off. But even though he does look pretty similar, it looks so much like Bubba in the film that I'm still not 100% convinced myself. At this point I'm waiting to see it again on the big screen to be sure, the video resolution just isn't enough for this one.
Peter Barton
Site Admin

Return to General Movie Discussion