Compoun Explosion in MM2

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Compoun Explosion in MM2

Postby HHHH » Sun Jul 25, 1999 9:06 am

Does anybody know about the explosion at the end of the movie? What it took? How big it really was? Looks huge to me. Some pieces of wood fly pretty damn high up in the sky.
HHHH

Re: Compoun Explosion in MM2

Postby some guy » Mon Jul 26, 1999 1:28 pm

In Reply to: Compoun Explosion in MM2 posted by HHH on July 25, 1999 at 17:06:19:

: Does anybody know about the explosion at the end of the movie? What it took? How big it really was? Looks huge to me. Some pieces of wood fly pretty damn high up in the sky.

Well it was life size because it destroyed the set. i'm sure they put some TNT or dynamite inside.
some guy

Postby Dave_H » Mon Jul 26, 1999 4:16 pm

In Reply to: Re: Compoun Explosion in MM2 posted by some guy on July 26, 1999 at 21:28:31:

: : Does anybody know about the explosion at the end of the movie? What it took? How big it really was? Looks huge to me. Some pieces of wood fly pretty damn high up in the sky.

: Well it was life size because it destroyed the set. i'm sure they put some TNT or dynamite inside.

Having been to the set (17 years after it happened), theres nothing there now, but If you look real hard, theres some big chunks of scorched concrete half buried in the ground that attest to the size of the explosion

I watched the movie the other day, It looks like all the sheet metal and the cracking tower were destroyed but it seems like the 'skeleton' of the pyramid shed and the cylindrical tunnel were still standing as the dynamite ripped through them they were sturdy framework and probably not that damaged by a bit of flame and heat.

as peter says though, they bulldozed the lot the next day anyway.

it would be cool if any photos existed of the remanents of the blown up compound. kinda like WW2 photos.

anyone got any such photos???
Dave_H

Postby RO » Thu Jul 29, 1999 8:09 am

In Reply to: Re: Compoun Explosion in MM2 posted by some guy on July 26, 1999 at 21:28:31:

: : Does anybody know about the explosion at the end of the movie? What it took? How big it really was? Looks huge to me. Some pieces of wood fly pretty damn high up in the sky.

: Well it was life size because it destroyed the set. i'm sure they put some TNT or dynamite inside.
RO

Return to General Movie Discussion