Calling BS in MM2

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Calling BS in MM2

Postby JT » Sat Jul 24, 1999 7:26 am

Fot humor, I just thought I'd bring to light two scenes in the Road Warrior that I had to call bullshit on. The scene where Wez is trying to help the man back onto the rig after he has apparently been shot by a crossbow, and the man further proceeds to pull the arrow out with relative ease while hanging onto the rig. To be shot, I would think the arrow would have been a little more difficult to come out than it appears in the movie. Check this scene out.

Another scene where I called bullshit is when the gyro captain is shot from the sky by the dart guns, or whatever that gun is. I find it hard to believe that the guy could hit a moving plane with that gun, much less bring it down. I just thought i'd share these two scenes with your fans. Keep up the interesting topics.
JT

Re: Calling BS in MM2

Postby George Kritty » Sun Jul 25, 1999 1:31 am

In Reply to: Calling BS in MM2 posted by JT on July 24, 1999 at 15:26:37:

: Fot humor, I just thought I'd bring to light two scenes in the Road Warrior that I had to call bullshit on. The scene where Wez is trying to help the man back onto the rig after he has apparently been shot by a crossbow, and the man further proceeds to pull the arrow out with relative ease while hanging onto the rig. To be shot, I would think the arrow would have been a little more difficult to come out than it appears in the movie. Check this scene out.

: Another scene where I called bullshit is when the gyro captain is shot from the sky by the dart guns, or whatever that gun is. I find it hard to believe that the guy could hit a moving plane with that gun, much less bring it down. I just thought i'd share these two scenes with your fans. Keep up the interesting topics.

With all due respect to the movie,if it's bullcrap you want to read then what about the gyro copter itself.I mean the way it lands vertically in the compound.If anyone understands the basics of airodynamics,a thing like that would

need at least a mile for a horizontal landing as well as take-off.

G.Kritty.
George Kritty

Postby andre N » Sun Jul 25, 1999 7:03 am

In Reply to: Re: Calling BS in MM2 posted by George Kritty on July 25, 1999 at 09:31:33:

OK my turn. I'm pretty harsh on BS when I see it, but does the scene do a good jobs of showing how close GC was to the gunner? A 100 yds, forget about. GC flying overhead or with 30feet--maybe. Also firing 4 darts at once and assuming identical travel paths (or identically uncertain) you end up with a much higher probability of a hit than with a single shot. Not likely, but it never really got my hackles up. BTW , lord Humungous didn't do a bad job with the .44,did he?

Re the Copter, as you may know that is an autogyro. The main rotor is not powered, only the pusher. the main rotor is turned by the drag of forward motion. While I agree GC could not slowly and easily descend, the takeoff and landing distance are significantly less than a mile.

Check out www.avnet.co.uk/bra/whyfly.htm
andre N

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sun Jul 25, 1999 9:26 pm

In Reply to: Re: Calling BS in MM2 posted by AN on July 25, 1999 at 15:03:25:

: OK my turn. I'm pretty harsh on BS when I see it, but does the scene do a good jobs of showing how close GC was to the gunner? A 100 yds, forget about. GC flying overhead or with 30feet--maybe. Also firing 4 darts at once and assuming identical travel paths (or identically uncertain) you end up with a much higher probability of a hit than with a single shot. Not likely, but it never really got my hackles up. BTW , lord Humungous didn't do a bad job with the .44,did he?

: Re the Copter, as you may know that is an autogyro. The main rotor is not powered, only the pusher. the main rotor is turned by the drag of forward motion. While I agree GC could not slowly and easily descend, the takeoff and landing distance are significantly less than a mile.

: Check out www.avnet.co.uk/bra/whyfly.htm

A gyro copter will use about 100 meters actually to take off...landin will be further tohugh as most dont have brakes..
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby TheDarkOne » Mon Jul 26, 1999 2:17 am

In Reply to: Re: Calling BS in MM2 posted by slippery sam on July 26, 1999 at 05:26:51:

Has anyone actually been in a gyrocoptor, I think that would be AWESOME!!
TheDarkOne

Postby Night Rider » Mon Jul 26, 1999 2:23 am

In Reply to: Re: Calling BS in MM2 posted by TheDarkOne on July 26, 1999 at 10:17:43:

A friend of my dad's had one and he flew it once and got rid of it because it was so unstable. You have to pick up a lot of speed to get it to really stabilize.

: Has anyone actually been in a gyrocoptor, I think that would be AWESOME!!
Night Rider

Postby Mr. Know it all » Mon Jul 26, 1999 10:33 am

In Reply to: Re: Calling BS in MM2 posted by TheDarkOne on July 26, 1999 at 10:17:43:

: Has anyone actually been in a gyrocoptor, I think that would be AWESOME!!

Ever heard the saying, "Airplanes were made to fly and forced to crash? while Helicopters were forced to fly and made to crash?" Well, as you may know, the Gyrocoptor is a mix of the two, unless you don't, I'll explain: The GYrcoptor works on the principle of air rushing under the rotors, which means there must be forward movement in order for the rotors to cause lift, thus acting as an airplane wing. Gyrcocopters, unfortunatley, cannot hover. The bottom line is this: I would not trust a Gyrocopter much further than I could kick a wrecked Interceptor.
Mr. Know it all

Postby some guy » Mon Jul 26, 1999 1:23 pm

In Reply to: Calling BS in MM2 posted by JT on July 24, 1999 at 15:26:37:

: Fot humor, I just thought I'd bring to light two scenes in the Road Warrior that I had to call bullshit on. The scene where Wez is trying to help the man back onto the rig after he has apparently been shot by a crossbow, and the man further proceeds to pull the arrow out with relative ease while hanging onto the rig. To be shot, I would think the arrow would have been a little more difficult to come out than it appears in the movie. Check this scene out.

: Another scene where I called bullshit is when the gyro captain is shot from the sky by the dart guns, or whatever that gun is. I find it hard to believe that the guy could hit a moving plane with that gun, much less bring it down. I just thought i'd share these two scenes with your fans. Keep up the interesting topics.

ya, i noticed both things to be BS. But the thing that really got me thinking was how the darts were powered. is it CO2? if it is those darts have limited range. i own a paintball gun and those things weigh nothing and still travel no more than 40 yrds. those darts are so heavy it would take just one of those little tanks? on the top to fire. plus even when a gyrocopter's engine is cut in mid air it will gently fall to earth not crash.
some guy

Return to General Movie Discussion