Tim Burns in Lethal Weapon??

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Tim Burns in Lethal Weapon??

Postby Heimdal » Fri Jul 23, 1999 1:58 am

I checked out Peter Barton's claim that Tim Burns, aka Johny the Boy was not the jumper in Lethal Weapon 1. Sure enough, I checked the end credits on two LW1 pages, and couldn't find Timmy on the cast. However, I also couldn't find any mention of the jumper on the cast. The question remeains then, if it wasn't Burns who played the jumper, who the heck was it? It sure did look like him. If you're interested, you can look check out the end credits at http://www.lw4.com/cmp/lw2/frameset.html to see for yourself.
Heimdal

Re: Tim Burns in Lethal Weapon??

Postby Doc » Fri Jul 23, 1999 3:11 am

In Reply to: Tim Burns in Lethal Weapon?? posted by Heimdal on July 23, 1999 at 09:58:54:

: I checked out Peter Barton's claim that Tim Burns, aka Johny the Boy was not the jumper in Lethal Weapon 1. Sure enough, I checked the end credits on two LW1 pages, and couldn't find Timmy on the cast. However, I also couldn't find any mention of the jumper on the cast. The question remeains then, if it wasn't Burns who played the jumper, who the heck was it? It sure did look like him. If you're interested, you can look check out the end credits at http://www.lw4.com/cmp/lw2/frameset.html to see for yourself.

I'll take Peter Barton's word for it, it probably wasn't Tim Burns, but that was a pretty amazing look alike anyway.
Doc

Postby Steve Pilant » Fri Jul 23, 1999 11:36 am

In Reply to: Re: Tim Burns in Lethal Weapon?? posted by Doc on July 23, 1999 at 11:11:40:

: : I checked out Peter Barton's claim that Tim Burns, aka Johny the Boy was not the jumper in Lethal Weapon 1. Sure enough, I checked the end credits on two LW1 pages, and couldn't find Timmy on the cast. However, I also couldn't find any mention of the jumper on the cast. The question remeains then, if it wasn't Burns who played the jumper, who the heck was it? It sure did look like him. If you're interested, you can look check out the end credits at http://www.lw4.com/cmp/lw2/frameset.html to see for yourself.

: I'll take Peter Barton's word for it, it probably wasn't Tim Burns, but that was a pretty amazing look alike anyway.

I don't have the video in front of me, but it is not uncommon for folks to work on or in a film and not be credited. Happens all the time - unfortunate in many cases. Regs, Steve
Gotta hand it to ya treasure - the last of the V8 interceptors. Woulda been a shame to blow it up...
Steve Pilant

Postby tim ridge » Sat Jul 24, 1999 8:36 am

In Reply to: Re: Tim Burns in Lethal Weapon?? posted by Steve Pilant on July 23, 1999 at 19:36:09:

: : : The jumper's screen name in LETHAL WEAPON is GUY MCLEARY and in the movie Mel actually addresses him by his first name. The actor's name who played him is Michael Shaner who subsuquently reappeared in LETHAL WEAPON 3 as a cop at the start of the movie when RIGGS & MURTAUGH blow up the building. Trust me,MEL & TIM have only ever had 1 on screen altercation and we all know how that one turned out. Hopethis hepled out.
tim ridge

Return to General Movie Discussion