Keeping body and soul together

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Keeping body and soul together

Postby CD » Fri Jul 23, 1999 12:16 am

Gentleman (and ladies)

I have a small query regarding the Madmax movies, as you all know in the first film Max gets a

very neat hole blown in his knee cap whilst chasing down ToeCutter and his gang , By the second film his knee is

being held together by a "medical cage", I'm currently envolved in designing costumes for the alternative

London club scene and was wondering if that prop was specifically created for the film or if they

actually exist. I seem to remember something like them being used in forest gump for medical purposes

I could probably scratch build but I'm a lazy sod. Any enlightenment you could offer would be greatly

appreciated, have a good weekend.

Regards

CD
CD

Re: Keeping body and soul together

Postby Jason Carlton » Fri Jul 23, 1999 5:40 am

In Reply to: Keeping body and soul together posted by CD on July 23, 1999 at 08:16:14:

I've spent about $300-$350 dollars creating a Road Warrior costume, and let me tell you finding a leg brace was the hardest part. I eventually found a plastic brace from somebody who had a ski accident, but it looked nothing like Max's. However, I tore all away its outer blue plastic shell and viola - the underside looked like the brace in the movie. The problem was I don't have buckles or leather for the straps, so I used the velcro that came with it. The only other thing I'm missin' is a sawed off. If yer corious, I can answer any other ?'s on how I put it together.
Jason Carlton

Postby CD » Mon Jul 26, 1999 3:21 am

In Reply to: Re: Keeping body and soul together posted by Jason Carlton on July 23, 1999 at 13:40:03:

Hello!

Thanks for the reply, you've already given me the link I need. I'm off to try "skiing accidents" on the net and see what pops up.

Once again thanks for the tip, I'll let you know how it turns out.

By the way got any Jpegs of the costume?
CD

Postby CD » Mon Jul 26, 1999 3:22 am

In Reply to: Re: Keeping body and soul together posted by Jason Carlton on July 23, 1999 at 13:40:03:

Hello!

Thanks for the reply, you've already given me the link I need. I'm off to try "skiing accidents" on the net and see what pops up.

Once again thanks for the tip, I'll let you know how it turns out.

By the way got any Jpegs of the costume?
CD

Return to General Movie Discussion