MFP population of Halls of Justice

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

MFP population of Halls of Justice

Postby Road Samurai » Thu Jul 22, 1999 11:20 am

I really think there were more than seven officers at the Halls of Justice. I know that there were 89 Breaker Squad officers, but I feel that the Halls were not just for them. There must have been REGULAR MFP (accounting for uniforms in MM2) who probably had officers at the Halls. Also, where does the number seven come from when deciding how many pursuit officers would be at the Halls. I know, March Hare, Big Bopper, Max, Goose, Fifi. BUT THAT IS ALL WE WERE INTRODUCED TO! Small budget, not enough cash for extras, so IMPLY more officers. Evidence: continual shots of MFP vehicles. When Fifi and all the rest pull up to let Johnny go, we see Max's interceptor and Big Boppers(or March Hare's) parked side by side. Yet when they all walk in to the station there is Max's interceptor! I think when they go out again the interceptor is back outside, but I ain't 100%. When Max goes back to steal the black, we see two parked MFP vehicles (one with its hood up that you can only see in the widescreen edition, otherwise you only see the one car). My point: the place is empty, so the guys would have to be on patrol and the cars are for other officers not on duty. Also, in the underground seen, we again see Max's interceptor even though we know he has just left safely parked in the lot outside, and we see a pursuit special with lights (actually Night Riders) and two more MFP cars (supposedly March Hare and Big Bopp but how could they be fixed up so fast?!) Also, I don't think March Hare even were at the same squad as Max and company, because according to the novel (or so I've heard) the pusuit went on for hours. My feelings are that March Hare was from another squad (argument could be that they seemed familiar with Big Bopp and knew actual names, but my reasoning is that they went to DRIVING SCHOOL TOGETHER!) and that is why we never see them again, especially at Goose's bedside (if they were killed in opening chase, it was never mentioned and so I don't think they were killed). Also, more officers would be reasonable because those guys couldn't patrol ALL THE TIME, and in fact the dispatcher announces "Welcome to three day angel patrol" and I think mentions some new code names when Goose gets on his bike after his night with the singer. Max also says "after 3 days that feels so good" when Jessy scrubs with a towel. So, they probably have three days on, three days off (Just like cops of today, i know plenty of cops who operate like that) and that is probably why Jessy is pissed off with Max when he leaves that one morning (though I think more likely its because he's leaving EARLY, and not because he isn't supposed to leave at all). So, I believe I have provided ample evidence in support of my theory (although the Dark One will complain and whine and argue with me like he always does, but Darky HOW CAN YOU IGNORE ALL MY FACTS! Don't get testy, or discombobulated, you said yourself you like discussion and disagreement (by the way, how'd you like my messages? I am Sycophant Sam, Joey Yessman, and Bandwagon Bob and I don't agree that Gyro Captain and Jedidiah are one and the same, but just wanted to piss you off because you said you hated everyone agreeing with you! heh, heh, heh) Anyway, just think it over, it is not insane to agree with my findings, in fact it is quite probable! By the way, does anyone know how I came up with my name? In the underground garage, the dispatcher says something like "Code Samurai One, road trauma, multiple fatal, code samurai one" so I came up with Road Samurai. Okay, Darky, tell me why I'm wrong. The extra cars are just camera work mistakes, sun spots, dust swirling in shadows...? (PS, that IJAM better shut the hell up, cause he is f*$king annoying. This is after all a Message Board designed to stir up CONVERSATIONS about Mad Max smart ass!

I AM RIGHT.
Road Samurai

here I go baby!!!!

Postby TheDarkOne » Thu Jul 22, 1999 1:13 pm

In Reply to: MFP population of Halls of Justice posted by Road Samurai on July 22, 1999 at 19:20:38:

You just don't give up do you!!!!! Here it comes. The Halls of Justice is one MFP base, there are a bunch scattered all over. There were originally 89 officers for the breaker squad, they split em up over all of the MFP bases (about 10 to a base). You have to take into account that some officers died, leaving 7 at the halls. As for the extra cars, they had more that they needed at the halls. Officers died and they had left over cars, that is why they had big bopper 2. About March Hare, one of the guys was there when Goose was in the hospital, so they were in the same company, that is why the dispatcher is talking to them in the opening chase. I can't prove that they were in the same company but that is my best shot. Oh god, is there anything I forgot, I keep trying to convince you (those times on DanMan's board) but you never listen. Now I know that I am right all the time, but you don't have to get all defensive about it hehehehehe. So it seems that again we have come to a stand off, you wanting more explanations and me giving em to you. I lost my train of thought in this responce because your message was soooooooo long. If I have forgotten anything please feel free to let me know (and I know you will).

PS: I have nationals for hockey next weekend and maybe I'll get to see some teams from winnipeg, you never know.
TheDarkOne

wait wait wait

Postby TheDarkOne » Thu Jul 22, 1999 1:15 pm

In Reply to: here I go baby!!!! posted by TheDarkOne on July 22, 1999 at 21:13:08:

My other theory is that there are no more normal cops, just a few scattered sheriffs and stuff (the dark one), that is why the breaker squad is all that is left.
TheDarkOne

Re: MFP population of Halls of Justice

Postby andre N » Thu Jul 22, 1999 1:43 pm

In Reply to: MFP population of Halls of Justice posted by Road Samurai on July 22, 1999 at 19:20:38:

I agree fully with one part of your statement. This forum is to promote conversations. Perhaps you have taken my "it is just a movie" comment as some insult to you or somebody elses posting. If so I apologize. What I meant by that statement is that certain lines of question or conjecture just seem pretty pointless, IN MY OPINION, because you can't get an answer. Maybe that is just lack of imagination on my part and I can't dream up the complicated AND creative explanations I've read so far.

But, let me ask you to reread your last 3 sentences in your last post, and help me understand how they help to promote conversation.
andre N

Re: MFP population of Halls of Justice

Postby Fritz » Thu Jul 22, 1999 3:13 pm

You sure do ramble on.
Fritz

Return to General Movie Discussion