I have a question

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

I have a question

Postby Doc » Wed Jul 21, 1999 5:12 pm

Is the same actor who played Jhonny the Boy the same guy who played the suicidal jumper in Lethal Weapon? They sure look alike.
Doc

Re: I have a question

Postby Heimdal » Thu Jul 22, 1999 1:07 am

In Reply to: I have a question posted by Doc on July 22, 1999 at 01:12:35:

Yes, its the same guy. Ironic, isn't it? It should also be noted, that Lethal Weapon ripped off the idea for that scene from a very simmilar scene in Dirty Harry.

: Is the same actor who played Jhonny the Boy the same guy who played the suicidal jumper in Lethal Weapon? They sure look alike.
Heimdal

Postby Jason Carlton » Thu Jul 22, 1999 4:09 am

In Reply to: Re: I have a question posted by Heimdal on July 22, 1999 at 09:07:32:

: Yes, its the same guy. Ironic, isn't it? It should also be noted, that Lethal Weapon ripped off the idea for that scene from a very simmilar scene in Dirty Harry.

: : Is the same actor who played Jhonny the Boy the same guy who played the suicidal jumper in Lethal Weapon? They sure look alike.

Bit of tech trivia about that scene: As Gibson & Johnny jump of the edge, notice how the chain of the handcuff snaps and the stuntmen grab hands for the fall. however, these stuntmen are not shown hitting the bottom - that actually is Gibson & Johnny. They jumped off a crane right about the cameras eye.
Jason Carlton

Postby Peter Barton » Thu Jul 22, 1999 1:13 pm

In Reply to: Re: I have a question posted by Heimdal on July 22, 1999 at 09:07:32:

: Yes, its the same guy. Ironic, isn't it

No, it isn't.

Johnny the Boy is played by Tim Burns.

The Lethal Weapon jumper is someone else. I just looked up Lethal Weapon on the Internet Movie Database (follow the link below), but couldn't work out the actors name - I don't remember the jumping characters name. But if you look at the list, you'll see that Tim Burns isn't there.

Peter Barton
Site Admin

Return to General Movie Discussion