INTERCEPTOR RIMS

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

INTERCEPTOR RIMS

Postby Grant Hodgson » Sat Jul 17, 1999 3:59 pm

Hello, everyone, we are currently in production for the black on black, and require urgently the correct size front rims, or even a tyre size, I can use my best judgement for width, but what we need is the diameter, I can not have the front rims made until I have this size, witch is slowing production down!

can anyone PLEASE help??
Grant Hodgson

Re: U.K. Fans! Can You Help??

Postby Steve Pilant » Sat Jul 17, 1999 4:47 pm

In Reply to: INTERCEPTOR RIMS posted by Grant Hodgson on July 17, 1999 at 23:59:40:

: Hello, everyone, we are currently in production for the black on black, and require urgently the correct size front rims, or even a tyre size, I can use my best judgement for width, but what we need is the diameter, I can not have the front rims made until I have this size, witch is slowing production down!

: can anyone PLEASE help??

If any U.K. fans can make it to the Cars of the Stars Museum in Keswick and get the correct tyre size off the tyre sidewalls of the original Interceptor, it would be most appreciated. The last fan who told me they could actually went, but got so caught up in the museums not allowing pictures to be taken - that they forgot completely about looking at the tyre sidewalls front and back and just writing the size down on a piece of paper. The museum does NOT allow photos and has cctv with curators running about asking people to put their cameras away, but the human eye and brain should work well enough to get the correct tyre size. Do we HAVE any U.K. Mad Max fans reading here? Anyone up to the challenge? Regs, Steve
Gotta hand it to ya treasure - the last of the V8 interceptors. Woulda been a shame to blow it up...
Steve Pilant

Postby Jason Carlton » Mon Jul 19, 1999 1:54 am

In Reply to: Re: U.K. Fans! Can You Help?? posted by Steve Pilant on July 18, 1999 at 00:47:09:

: : Hello, everyone, we are currently in production for the black on black, and require urgently the correct size front rims, or even a tyre size, I can use my best judgement for width, but what we need is the diameter, I can not have the front rims made until I have this size, witch is slowing production down!

: : can anyone PLEASE help??

: If any U.K. fans can make it to the Cars of the Stars Museum in Keswick and get the correct tyre size off the tyre sidewalls of the original Interceptor, it would be most appreciated. The last fan who told me they could actually went, but got so caught up in the museums not allowing pictures to be taken - that they forgot completely about looking at the tyre sidewalls front and back and just writing the size down on a piece of paper. The museum does NOT allow photos and has cctv with curators running about asking people to put their cameras away, but the human eye and brain should work well enough to get the correct tyre size. Do we HAVE any U.K. Mad Max fans reading here? Anyone up to the challenge? Regs, Steve

Plead your case to the Cars of the Stars people...maybe an auto junkie with a big heart who works there could copy the specs for you! Ask to speak to employees in various departments until you strike gold. And what about the Sydney Planet Hollywood replica, could those specs be true to the original?
Jason Carlton

TRY THIS?

Postby andre N » Mon Jul 19, 1999 5:48 am

In Reply to: INTERCEPTOR RIMS posted by Grant Hodgson on July 17, 1999 at 23:59:40:

Grant: Re the rim size, get a good photo of the interceptor ( first one in "history, part 1" is good) measure a known dimension in picture, for example the door width or height, and get a "scale" for picture/real ratio, and then measure the rim, do it a couple of times and it should be pretty clear what the size is (likely 14 or 15").

Re the diameter, you should also be able to eyeball if the position of the rims relative to the tire edge. Then you can back guess the diameter.

I would be glad to do this for "the cause" but I don't see many 74 XB coupes in Massachusetts, USA.

If somebody can get me the dimensions of the door width, length etc, I can do the drafting here.

Good luck!
andre N

Re: TRY THIS?

Postby Grant Hodgson » Mon Jul 19, 1999 8:58 pm

In Reply to: TRY THIS? posted by AN on July 19, 1999 at 13:48:19:

thankyou for helping, I have already done this and 1/2 an inch ether way on each side of the rim is difficult to get correct, what I need is someone who can say they are 14s for sure, or 15s for sure, at any rate we can also have an opinion, who things there 14s and who thinks there 15s? I am going for 15s on the front myself, but I would like to be sure.
Grant Hodgson

Postby Susan » Mon Jul 19, 1999 9:03 pm

In Reply to: Re: U.K. Fans! Can You Help?? posted by Jason Carlton on July 19, 1999 at 09:54:08:

the planet holley wood car does not even have the correct roof spoiler on it, the car looks good where it sits though, up high where no one can see it!
Susan

Postby Jason Carlton » Mon Jul 19, 1999 11:59 pm

In Reply to: Re: U.K. Fans! Can You Help?? posted by Susan on July 20, 1999 at 05:03:18:

: the planet holley wood car does not even have the correct roof spoiler on it, the car looks good where it sits though, up high where no one can see it!

Hmmm? It makes me wonder if the replica hanging in P.Hollywood is even the proper human scale proportion for a real working vehical. You know, like too small for a real car, given the ceiling space they probably have to work with.
Jason Carlton

Re: TRY THIS?

Postby andre N » Tue Jul 20, 1999 1:26 am

In Reply to: Re: TRY THIS? posted by Grant Hodgson on July 20, 1999 at 04:58:38:

yeah, black on black is something of a pain to accurately measure.

What about the Falcon sites, you should get plently of pictures of Falcons with the std tires on them. Eyeballing that might help. The you may be able to see that.

You may have already gone thru this.
andre N

Postby Grant Hodgson » Sun Jul 25, 1999 1:31 am

In Reply to: Re: U.K. Fans! Can You Help?? posted by Jason Carlton on July 20, 1999 at 07:59:02:

The car in Planet Holley wood is the correct size car, its just a mock up done reasonabley well by some one who doesnt quite know what the ral car looks like!,
Grant Hodgson

Return to General Movie Discussion