Between MM and RW

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Between MM and RW

Postby mpeach1976@yahoo.com » Mon May 05, 2014 12:39 pm

I'm guessing it's maybe a 10 year span from the time he avenged his wife's death in MM to the opening scene being chased down by marauders in RW. A few things I'd like to know is at what point did he completely alter and gut the Interceptor? At what point did he acquire Dog...where did Dog come from? Kind of trivial, but anyone else notice that the shifter knob is completely different in RW as compared to MM and the blower switch is mounted on the front of the shifter in MM and on the back of it in RW.
mpeach1976@yahoo.com

Re: Between MM and RW

Postby seriz » Mon May 05, 2014 12:45 pm

You can find the information quite everywhere I think. Mad Max 2 is 3 years after MM1.
seriz

Postby mpeach1976@yahoo.com » Mon May 05, 2014 12:59 pm

I know they were released 3 years apart, but does the RW start 3 years after where MM ended?
mpeach1976@yahoo.com

Postby Taipan » Mon May 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Yes. 2 - 3 years after MM.

seriz, I'm starting to think this site needs an official timeline post or a section on the main page (obviously with links, citations, etc)
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby seriz » Mon May 05, 2014 1:22 pm

"3 years after" is what the press books said. The story of Mad Max 2 starts 3 years after the end of MM1.
This is said in the pressbooks, but Miller said it also in some interviews.

seriz, I'm starting to think this site needs an official timeline post or a section on the main page (obviously with links, citations, etc)

I'm really surprised to see all the people so obsessed with the mad max timeline...
seriz

Postby Taipan » Mon May 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Well, you know, some die hard fans were stuck with speculation for years trying to figure out what really happened in the MM universe and that led to a lot of weird ideas. Now that new documents and interviews with creators resurfaced we're putting all the pieces together. It gives a chance to set the story straight for all the people coming in here learning about the Mad Max universe (there's gonna be a whole lot more of those folks after Fury Road hits the screen).
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
Taipan

Postby aussie muscle » Tue May 27, 2014 7:48 pm

anyone else notice that the shifter knob is completely different in RW as compared to MM and the blower switch is mounted on the front of the shifter in MM and on the back of it in RW.

of course, we've watched it hundreds of times and noted every minutiae. After MM1, the car was returned to road going spec, with the blower and zoomies removed, before being purchased to appear in MM2. Afterwards it spent some time at a Wrecking yard before being bought and sent overseas.

mpeach1976@yahoo.com wrote: At what point did he acquire Dog...where did Dog come from? .

here's how he found dog :D
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phFDAJep1jo
aussie muscle

Return to General Movie Discussion