My Mad Max Timeline blog is up!

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Re: My Mad Max Timeline blog is up!

Postby Uncle Entity » Sun May 04, 2014 2:24 pm

scfc68 wrote:Gotta say I enjoyed reading the timeline, Uncle!

It may not be all canonical but full marks for at least making the effort

If folk think this is tricky, then check out the Prometheus forum, that will give anyone a headache!


Thank you so much. IMDB people loved it.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
User avatar
Uncle Entity
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2000 4:54 am
Location: Naples, Italy.

Re: My Mad Max Timeline blog is up!

Postby Taipan » Sun May 04, 2014 2:51 pm

Well, my problem is that you're trying to make your make believe stuff official, and it doesn't belong here.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
User avatar
Taipan
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:14 am
Location: The Wasteland

Re: My Mad Max Timeline blog is up!

Postby Uncle Entity » Sun May 04, 2014 2:55 pm

Taipan wrote:Well, my problem is that you're trying to make your make believe stuff official, and it doesn't belong here.


No. It's your perception. Mine are just opinions/theories. Nothing in the movies indicate I'm totally wrong. Because they are very vague.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
User avatar
Uncle Entity
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2000 4:54 am
Location: Naples, Italy.

Re: My Mad Max Timeline blog is up!

Postby Taipan » Sun May 04, 2014 2:57 pm

Then why would it need a mention on the site at all? Anyone can come up with anything and request a link on the main page that way.
At last the Vermin had inherited the Earth
User avatar
Taipan
 
Posts: 1480
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2004 9:14 am
Location: The Wasteland

Re: My Mad Max Timeline blog is up!

Postby Uncle Entity » Sun May 04, 2014 3:08 pm

Taipan wrote:Then why would it need a mention on the site at all? Anyone can come up with anything and request a link on the main page that way.


Why not. It's a fan site. Have you ever checked "Mad Maxed", my previous site? It is listed in there. Added by Peter Burton. Your point is absurd.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
User avatar
Uncle Entity
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2000 4:54 am
Location: Naples, Italy.

Re: My Mad Max Timeline blog is up!

Postby themanw/oaname » Mon May 05, 2014 4:49 am

LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A TROLL AMONG US.

AND IMDB.
themanw/oaname
 
Posts: 258
Joined: Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:12 pm
Location: Flaw-duh

Re: My Mad Max Timeline blog is up!

Postby Uncle Entity » Mon May 05, 2014 1:12 pm

themanw/oaname wrote:LOOKS LIKE WE HAVE A TROLL AMONG US.

AND IMDB.


Sarcasm... in your dreams. :geek:
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
User avatar
Uncle Entity
 
Posts: 2456
Joined: Mon Mar 20, 2000 4:54 am
Location: Naples, Italy.

Re: My Mad Max Timeline blog is up!

Postby mpeach1976@yahoo.com » Tue May 06, 2014 11:29 am

It seems to me that the world during MM was looking at imminent disaster and the war hadn't happened yet. During MM governments at that point are breaking down, funding is low thus why the MFP headquarters is in shambles. I'm sorry...you don't have nightclubs and nice homes on the beach after a nuclear holocaust. I think the war happens after MM and before MM2, looks to me like the opening monolog at the beginning of MM2 is a briefing on what had happened since MM...it talks about the war and the movie opens during a marauder chase in a world that the war left. In 2 years the interceptor wouldn't be that trashed and gutted...that car looks like Max made accommodations as he needed to maybe over the course of 10 years give or take, not to mention that it looks like it survived a nuclear holocaust. I could be very, very wrong, but I don't think I'm too off track.
mpeach1976@yahoo.com
 
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun May 04, 2014 8:51 pm

Re: My Mad Max Timeline blog is up!

Postby DGSimo » Tue May 06, 2014 3:32 pm

mpeach1976@yahoo.com wrote:It seems to me that the world during MM was looking at imminent disaster and the war hadn't happened yet. During MM governments at that point are breaking down, funding is low thus why the MFP headquarters is in shambles. I'm sorry...you don't have nightclubs and nice homes on the beach after a nuclear holocaust. I think the war happens after MM and before MM2, looks to me like the opening monolog at the beginning of MM2 is a briefing on what had happened since MM...it talks about the war and the movie opens during a marauder chase in a world that the war left. In 2 years the interceptor wouldn't be that trashed and gutted...that car looks like Max made accommodations as he needed to maybe over the course of 10 years give or take, not to mention that it looks like it survived a nuclear holocaust. I could be very, very wrong, but I don't think I'm too off track.


Read Taipan's excellent posts in this thread including the official preamble for MM2 and an interview with George Miller published in 1984 where he specifically states the first 2 films are NOT post-nuclear.
User avatar
DGSimo
 
Posts: 926
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:08 am
Location: Milan, Michigan

Re: My Mad Max Timeline blog is up!

Postby Anklecranker » Tue May 06, 2014 5:26 pm

The World ran out of oil during MM1 and chaos escalated through MM2 due to the decay of society.

Think of this. Oil doesn't actually have to run out. Just the fear of being without fuel would send the Planet into a tailspin. I've seen people change very quickly when my area went without electricity for seven days. Can you imagine what would happen if more time passed? Looters escape the shadows quickly in an 'us or them' frenzy.
Anklecranker
 
Posts: 2520
Joined: Thu Jul 26, 2001 1:47 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Movie Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Exabot [Bot] and 3 guests


cron