Favorite scene

For any discussions at all relating to the movies

Favorite scene

Postby TheDarkOne » Fri Jul 16, 1999 5:46 pm

What is your favorite scene from any of the three Mad Max movies? Recently my favorite has been a tie between the scene where Max rams the humungus' truck and crushes Wez, and the scene in Mad Max when Max and Goose go to the wreck and Max drags Johnny to the interceptor while holding the shotgun in his other hand. I don't know why but I just love that scene.
TheDarkOne

Re: Favorite scene

Postby Wayne Jones » Fri Jul 16, 1999 6:25 pm

In Reply to: Favorite scene posted by TheDarkOne on July 17, 1999 at 01:46:24:

: What is your favorite scene from any of the three Mad Max movies? Recently my favorite has been a tie between the scene where Max rams the humungus' truck and crushes Wez, and the scene in Mad Max when Max and Goose go to the wreck and Max drags Johnny to the interceptor while holding the shotgun in his other hand. I don't know why but I just love that scene.

My favourite scene is in Mad Max 2. It is when you first see the interceptor to when he drives off, leaving a trail of dust. . I love the crash's, how he turnes the blower on and off and the niffty Mad Max way of braking with the reverse gear.

This is from the Australian movie.

Wayne Jones
Wayne Jones

Postby Heimdal » Sat Jul 17, 1999 4:06 am

My favorite scene is when Max activates the blower for the first time and runs the bikers off the road. Cool.

: What is your favorite scene from any of the three Mad Max movies? Recently my favorite has been a tie between the scene where Max rams the humungus' truck and crushes Wez, and the scene in Mad Max when Max and Goose go to the wreck and Max drags Johnny to the interceptor while holding the shotgun in his other hand. I don't know why but I just love that scene.
Heimdal

Postby AKR » Sun Jul 18, 1999 10:04 am

I would have to say my favorite scene is from Mad Max 1. When Max is sitting in his yellow Interceptor, waiting for the Nightrider to come down the road, the engine idling. Suddenly he steps on it and peels out.

AKR

Postby Dave_H » Sun Jul 18, 1999 3:53 pm

My all time favorite is the interceptor driving off in the dusk after max has picked through the landau, truck and dune buggy the road in the distance and the mundi mundi plane in the background.

equal second is the sequence of the intercepors reverse burnout after the landau crashes, then after max reselecting reverse gear, the road height shot of the interceptor revsing up, with big speakers, its just blows my mind, theres the v8 bass and the whine of reverse gear/supercharger all in one

the other equal second is the aftermath of the tuck crash when the baddies roll up and the emotinal music starts, its just driven home the absoluteness of the waste and destruction; the truck on its side, the wheels still spinning, the despair on the baddies faces, the bouncing of the spiked bits on top of the tanker, the sand pouring out of the hose and the fabulous music.

Dave
Dave_H

MYTH and Favorite scene

Postby andre N » Tue Jul 20, 1999 1:00 am

First Off: Max does not "reverse brake" in the opening of MM2!

For 15 years I asked myself why would he drive his car like that? You will get a tremendous amount of wear and tear on the clutch, tranny, synchros, driveshaft, axles and tires. Plus, it is terribly inefficient from a braking standpoint--little weight on rear tires means little available traction on that axle--ever try to stop your car using the emergency brake only?

Sure it looks cool, but Tire Warehouse and AAMCO(US transmission repair) are few and far between in the wasteland.

So...Max never does it. Watch closely, especially in frame-by-frame. What is happening is the interceptor is experiencing severe axle "tramp" or hop under braking as the L.side wheel hits dirt and the other pavement. You'll notice that unlike the great burnouts in MadMax, the smoke doesn't curl around the tires, but only comes from the bottom.

PLUS, that is why you see max in the next scene SHIFT into reverse. I alway thought THAT was a flub until I discovered this 2 years ago.

Hope this helps.

BEST SCENE:

Big fan of Max prepping for battle in the yellow XB. Great camera cuts of him working on the car (showing that he is not just a pretty face or a wheelman only), suiting up, and then starting up--with the best car sound I can recall in any movie. I have a Ford Crown Victoria (the black car in movie "Men in Black") with a fuel-injected, high output, 302 that I would kill (Ok, Harm) to get to sound that good.

Then the scene where the car stops to await NR: Beautiful angle (same pic used in yellow XB subpage on this website), listen to the car almost stall--not a bad thing,just that the car sounds to be running a hot cam--then come right back up on idle. Then a great burnout.

PS I think the car is power-braked to get the best burnout--same as scene where Big Bopper takes off after tagging the van.

See you on the road, skag!
andre N

MYTH and Favorite scene

Postby andre N » Tue Jul 20, 1999 1:01 am

First Off: Max does not "reverse brake" in the opening of MM2!

For 15 years I asked myself why would he drive his car like that? You will get a tremendous amount of wear and tear on the clutch, tranny, synchros, driveshaft, axles and tires. Plus, it is terribly inefficient from a braking standpoint--little weight on rear tires means little available traction on that axle--ever try to stop your car using the emergency brake only?

Sure it looks cool, but Tire Warehouse and AAMCO(US transmission repair) are few and far between in the wasteland.

So...Max never does it. Watch closely, especially in frame-by-frame. What is happening is the interceptor is experiencing severe axle "tramp" or hop under braking as the L.side wheel hits dirt and the other pavement. You'll notice that unlike the great burnouts in MadMax, the smoke doesn't curl around the tires, but only comes from the bottom.

PLUS, that is why you see max in the next scene shift INTO reverse. I alway thought THAT was a flub until I discovered this 2 years ago.

Hope this helps.

BEST SCENE:

Big fan of Max prepping for battle in the yellow XB. Great camera cuts of him working on the car (showing that he is not just a pretty face or a wheelman only), suiting up, and then starting up--with the best car sound I can recall in any movie. I have a Ford Crown Victoria (the black car in movie "Men in Black") with a fuel-injected, high output, 302 that I would kill (Ok, Harm) to get to sound that good.

Then the scene where the car stops to await NR: Beautiful angle (same pic used in yellow XB subpage on this website), listen to the car almost stall--not a bad thing,just that the car sounds to be running a hot cam--then come right back up on idle. Then a great burnout.

PS I think the car is power-braked to get the best burnout--same as scene where Big Bopper takes off after tagging the van.

See you on the road, skag!
andre N

Postby EVILFACE » Tue Jul 20, 1999 12:08 pm

My favorite scene is in Road Warrior when Max stands up from his seat at the wheelof the semi truck, points his shotgun and unloads both barrels into the driver of the red XA. I just love that scene, it deserves several different camera angles.

EVILFACE

"Never scared of the things men fear"

http://members.tripod.com/EVILFACE/home.htm
EVILFACE

Postby EVILFACE » Tue Jul 20, 1999 12:13 pm

Mother favorite scene is in the end of Mad Max when Max comes flying down the road and rides the ass of Toe Cutter before he gets aquainted with the semi truck.

EVILFACE
EVILFACE

Postby Mr. Know it all » Thu Jul 22, 1999 4:14 pm

Do you have a strange hunger for thirst and destruction? What is so thrilling about Wez getting slammed by a truck? And the part where Max is dragging Johnny to the car- that part lasts a whole 1 second of the movie. Probably took them one time to shoot it, also. Thats like saying your favorite part is when The Gyro Captain sticks his dirty fingers in the can of Dinki Di and comes up with a bunch of slimy dog food. THATS MY FAVORITE PART! YAAEEH!!
Mr. Know it all

Return to General Movie Discussion