MM2 3-D MODEL BY WAYNE

Artwork and artistry, sketches, scripts, stories - drop all your creative efforts in here

Re: MM2 3-D MODEL BY WAYNE

Postby aussie muscle » Thu Mar 27, 2008 3:53 pm

wayne wrote:Please let me know what you think is wrong with the wheels.

fronts are different to rear, similar to the yellow interceptor. hard to find a good pic at short notice

they kept the original front rims, but replaced the rears.
aussie muscle

Postby wayne » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:24 pm

G'day everyone,

I once made my tyres a little flat on the bottom Justice but when i started to do some action shots of the cars moving you could see the flat spot so i went with the easier option of moving the ground plane up a little...problem solved!

To answer your question about animation...yes I can do it, and I have done it, but it's the one thing that taxes a computer the most!!Every render i have posted on this site is either set on low or medium, these take 17-25 minuts each!Times that by 350...which is about 30 seconds of animation, and your looking at hours and hours of computer rendering!!

Aussie Muscle, Cueball told me he thought the triangle cut outs on the front wheels were a little too big.I have the different wheels on the back...you may not have noticed.

Thanks again for all your feedback...I'll be posting some renders of the landau skull car soon.
Attachments
max and dog.jpg
max and dog.jpg (74.6 KiB) Viewed 1958 times
wayne

Postby Morrisminor » Sat Mar 29, 2008 7:48 pm

Wow! Man you've got some talent.That's a truly great piece of work. What's your day job? If you tell me that this is just your hobby I'm gonna be really depressed cause I've been wrestleing with various 3D applications for the past few years but can't seem to get very far with it.
But anyway, brilliant image, another one for the scrapbook!
And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

Postby Biker » Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:52 pm

:shock:

speechless

It's that good! Well done Wayne
Biker

Postby blowngetsmegoing » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:29 am

perhaps Mr Miller will cgi the whole movie after seeing this? In anycase my lack of computing skills leave me amazed, we done mate
You want to stick what ? where??
blowngetsmegoing

Postby Cueball » Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:08 am

Wow, absolutely stunning!
I'm afraid to touch my own model now, because I can't compete with your work.
Naaah, I'll try :D
I dont know, man..... I just got here meself!
Cueball

Postby Justice » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:49 pm

wayne wrote:I once made my tyres a little flat on the bottom Justice but when i started to do some action shots of the cars moving you could see the flat spot so i went with the easier option of moving the ground plane up a little...problem solved!

To answer your question about animation...yes I can do it, and I have done it, but it's the one thing that taxes a computer the most!!Every render i have posted on this site is either set on low or medium, these take 17-25 minuts each!Times that by 350...which is about 30 seconds of animation, and your looking at hours and hours of computer rendering!!

HA! I might not be an animator, but I see the obvious shortcuts one could take. Maybe it's because I draw sometimes. Nothing major though, just simple art. And I haven't done it in a long while, work is just draining all my energy.

But yeah, you really need a dedicated computer to do that work, one you could leave up and running for days at a time. I don't even want to know how long it took to render "Finding Nemo" and how many PC's that took. Or dare I say "Beowulf"

I would love to see a short animation though.

Cueball wrote:Wow, absolutely stunning!
I'm afraid to touch my own model now, because I can't compete with your work.
Naaah, I'll try :D

No no no! Work on it if you want to and got the time. If you don't you won't improve, and that is what you want. You would even be able to get some pointers from him if you use the same program!
Heroes die... Legends live on... maxrockatansky.org
[last updated: October 24th 2009]
Justice

Postby wayne » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:38 pm

Wow!! thanks for all your comments everyone.

Sorry to depress you Morrisminor but this is a hobby...well it's all to do with art, and thats what i love to do!!

Hey Justice...I don't think i said i would'nt do the animation...I'm definately up for it.Do you have any ideas!!! It will have to be something very short.

I think a lot of the movie makers use whats called a render farm...It's a place with hundreds of computers linked together for cranking out jobs at a lightning rate!! I looked into it and they estimate a job that would take me 30 hours to render would take them 10 min!! but it would also cost me $300.Guys like pixar would have their own rendering farm i would imagine.The file sizes when rendering are huge as well.I animated a few australian cars i made in 3-D.Just something simple...I had the camera do a 360 around the car.The animation went for 10 sec, the picture size was fairly large and the file size was 10 meg!!But i still have plenty to learn so i'm sure i'll figure something out.
wayne

Postby jacqwan » Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:41 pm

Fantastic!! love the picture of max and his dog.Is max 3-D?

mmmm what about the truck, now that would be a good one to build.

Keep up the good work.
jacqwan

Postby Justice » Tue Apr 01, 2008 7:13 pm

The most simple one of all, a drive by. It would be easy to find some sound bytes too... :mrgreen:
Heroes die... Legends live on... maxrockatansky.org
[last updated: October 24th 2009]
Justice

PreviousNext

Return to Creations and Creativity