Battletruck on R1 dvd this year!

General discussions about everything else

Battletruck on R1 dvd this year!

Postby Morrisminor » Mon Jan 18, 2010 11:03 pm

To be released by a company called Shout Factory under the title "Warlords Of The 21st Century".
Shout! Factory and New Horizons Picture Corporation have entered into an extensive multiyear alliance to release a vast library of classic and new films from legendary producer-director Roger Corman, recipient of a 2009 Honorary Academy Award®, to the home entertainment marketplace. Under the terms of the agreement, Shout! Factory has secured the exclusive North American home entertainment rights to over 50 highly sought-after Roger Corman film properties.

Shout! Factory and New Horizons Pictures are working closely to remaster a number of great Corman titles that have been long out of print, some never-before-available on DVD and Blu-ray™. Moreover, Shout! Factory is currently producing a wide range of bonus content for special editions and double features for the launch of Shout! Factory’s Roger Corman’s Cult Classics home entertainment series.

The first titles to be made available from Roger Corman’s Cult Classics presented by Shout! Factory are the much anticipated cult thrillers Piranha Special Edition DVD, Humanoids From The Deep, Up From The Depths and Demon Of Paradise in April 2010; Piranha Special Edition Blu-ray, the memorable 1979 classic Rock ’N’ Roll High School Special Edition DVD and Blu-ray and the punk rock drama Suburbia in May 2010. Other Corman classics slated for 2010 release include Death Race 2000, Warlords Of The 21st Century, Deathsport, Forbidden World and Galaxy Of Terror, among others.

The saga of independent filmmaker-producer Roger Corman ranks as one of the most amazing motion picture success stories. Having produced more than 350 films and directed 50 others, his influence on American film goes far beyond his own energetic, creative low-budget movies. He is arguably one of Hollywood’s most gifted and masterful filmmakers.

http://www.shoutfactory.com/news/302/shout_to_release_roger_corman_library.aspx
And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

Re: Battletruck on R1 dvd this year!

Postby Dragonforce » Tue Jan 19, 2010 1:56 am

Thats great news! I have been searching for a copy of Battletruck for ages! That movie was filmed here in New Zealand! I remember seeing the vehicles on display after the shoot. Battletruck was pretty impressive. The vehicles were very Mad Max like.
That movie was filmed in a place called Waioru...it is a military training area....all rocks, tussock grass, snow and volcanoes! A real wasteland!

Can't wait for that one to come out!
Dragonforce

Postby MFP 2020 » Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:30 pm

Forbidden World! Corman's answer to Alien featuring a nekkid June Chadwick in her prime. I can't wait to see it again.
Formerly madmaximages.
MFP 2020

Postby Uncle Entity » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:52 am

BATTLETRUCK is 100% a gianteous classic, I always loved it to death, and can't wait to see if they will get that properly restored/remastered. SHOUT! is bona fida, you can trust them. Finally, this gem will be preserved forever.
Mel Gibson's Max to Tom Hardy's Max: "give me my life back, interdimensional counterpart!"
Uncle Entity

Postby Morrisminor » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:44 pm

Morrisminor

Postby Bad cop » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:43 pm

This means that I will be replacing my current Special Edition of DEATH RACE 2000.
"Between them and us, there's not enough runway!"
Bad cop

Postby Morrisminor » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:10 pm

Some release dates have been made available...

June 22 - Death Race 2000 [DVD & Blu-ray]

June 22 - Warlords of the 21st Century/Death Sport [double-feature DVD]

Shout Factory already had another Corman double-feature that was re-mastered in widescreen.
Hopefully these ones will also follow suit.
Morrisminor

Postby Morrisminor » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:53 am

Up for pre-order and they're maketing it as Battletruck!
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0038SUBF0/ref=nosim/?tag=dvdverdict3-20
Morrisminor

Return to Off-Topic