Octane action in the Book of Eli

General discussions about everything else

Octane action in the Book of Eli

Postby Morrisminor » Wed Apr 22, 2009 4:45 pm

My first impression of this project was that it would be more of a post-apocalyptic walkabout like Steel Dawn or The Postman. But after seeing this piece of concept art and reading the following paragraph my anticipation for the movie has racked itself up a few notches!

On the set of The Book of Eli, starring Denzel Washington with other actors including such notables as Gary Oldman and Tom Waits, and lensed by Don Burgess, they had a car crash scene where a Red camera was set up on a high hat to get a close-up of the car going airborne and flipping. Well the car went further than expected and landed right on top of the Red camera. When they dug the camera out from underneath the wreckage, not only was the camera and footage still intact, but the camera was still running.

More concept art can be found here...
http://homepage.mac.com/damaggio/PhotoAlbum18.html
And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

The Book of Eli

Postby Chase Bansi » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:59 pm

Set for Jan 2010 release. Although it is impossible to do anything 'original' anymore it does look pretty good.
Found this on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qW2GcOpj7Q

No matter where you go, there you are MFP 5863
Chase Bansi

Re: Octane action in the Book of Eli

Postby Big Bopper Bart » Thu Apr 23, 2009 3:47 am

whats the plot I wonder, why is the country like that war? natural disaster? this may be a good one, though nothing beats the original o.g post apocalyptic film :-)
ImageNo.1 HELL RAISER on the MAD MAX Movies forum for over 10 years now !
Big Bopper Bart

Return to Off-Topic