Possible pictures of actual Fury Road vehicles

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Possible pictures of actual Fury Road vehicles

Postby Yok_Rzeznic » Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:56 am

Two cars out of how many? Early reports mentioned dozens of Australian vehicle didn't they?

Let's not all jump to conclusions.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=169019682217
Help a fan get into Fury Road, or just look at some pretty pictures...
Yok_Rzeznic

Postby DetritusMaximus » Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:08 pm

kickherintheguts wrote:Do you think it might be a ruse to throw everyone off the scent?
Maybe...I'd probably do something like that to keep people guessing. Releasing pics of 'cheesy' (in my opinion..whatever that is worth) cars might not be a good way to generate good buzz for the picture. Imagine the uproar if the leaked pics had stuff that looked like it was from Megaforce!
Think about how 'real' the vehicles in the first three movies looked. And how poorly 'modified' they were suppose to look in RW, where spare parts are hard to come by so they get fixed with whatever is available. They made sense in their own way given the context. The 59 Caddy resembles some kind of toy made to catch the eye of an 8 year old in the midst of a sugar-high while running thru the toy store. If Skeletor had a driver's license....

My guess is they are for a different, lower budget movie or some car crushing/monster truck thingy.
I could be entirely wrong and Miller embraced the licensed marketing tie-in by designing brightly colored cars the maximum number of people will identify and 'like'. I know it is different in Australia, since everyone knows the Falcon the same way we know the Mustang, but for me the 'oddness' of the cars enhanced the movie. They were kind of familiar, but not cultural icons. Kind of like using unknown actors, no 'star personalities' to overshadow the story.

I really hope I'm not wrong.
Road Worrier
DetritusMaximus

Postby Bad cop » Wed Sep 01, 2010 4:43 pm

The vehicles in Mad Max films are not poorly modified, and they don't look that either. The first film had normal vehicles but with muscle cars being used as police cars. The second films vehicles are essentially normal, but custom muscle cars and trucks. Humungas' gang essentially put together the coolest looking vehicles they possibly could, and the result was a huge gang of the coolest looking muscle cars and trucks ever. The vehicles in Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome, as different as they are, are not at all poorly constructed. There is a difference between a vehicle that looks apocalyptic and a vehicle that is poorly constructed.
"Between them and us, there's not enough runway!"
Bad cop

Postby roadwarriormfp » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:03 am

Maybe...I'd probably do something like that to keep people guessing. Releasing pics of 'cheesy' (in my opinion..whatever that is worth) cars might not be a good way to generate good buzz for the picture. Imagine the uproar if the leaked pics had stuff that looked like it was from Megaforce!
Think about how 'real' the vehicles in the first three movies looked. And how poorly 'modified' they were suppose to look in RW, where spare parts are hard to come by so they get fixed with whatever is available. They made sense in their own way given the context. The 59 Caddy resembles some kind of toy made to catch the eye of an 8 year old in the midst of a sugar-high while running thru the toy store. If Skeletor had a driver's license....

Er... in case you missed it.
The pictures were taken at a truck stop.
The vehicles were under a tarp and the driver said he is on his way to Silverton.

Stopped at a truck stop somewhere in NSW and spied these vehicles under tarps trying hard not to be noticed. When I asked the truckie what they are he said he is transporting them to Silverton for the new Mad Max movie which is about to commence shooting. While he went for a piss I took some shots. Unfortunately I could only get the under sides of the vehicles but I can tell you they are huge and a lot of engineering went into them and there is some serious horsepower being produced by one of them (twin v8 engine).

How do you know they custom made vehicle with the caddy front end looks like?
Or have I missed a picture of it fully exposed?
What brightly coloured vehicles? Where?
All we have seen is pictures of very tough looking chassis designs.
It was in Millers inview where he said the vehicles would be designed to perform stunts safely at high speed.

My guess is they are for a different, lower budget movie or some car crushing/monster truck thingy.

They are not monster trucks and nor would they be covered if they were.
"Lower budget film"?

Yes here in Australia we make 100s of B grade movies ....
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby Yok_Rzeznic » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:48 am

Yes here in Australia we make 100s of B grade movies ....

Well, not to detract from your statement, but I thought that was the only type of movie that Australia could do!

But yeah, I agree, suppose it takes an Australian to know how to speculate on things that happen here.
Yok_Rzeznic

Postby MWFV8 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 8:02 am

DetritusMaximus wrote:Think about how 'real' the vehicles in the first three movies looked. And how poorly 'modified' they were suppose to look in RW, where spare parts are hard to come by so they get fixed with whatever is available. They made sense in their own way given the context.

Bad cop wrote:The vehicles in Mad Max films are not poorly modified, and they don't look that either. The first film had normal vehicles but with muscle cars being used as police cars. The second films vehicles are essentially normal, but custom muscle cars and trucks. Humungas' gang essentially put together the coolest looking vehicles they possibly could, and the result was a huge gang of the coolest looking muscle cars and trucks ever.

I think DetritusMaximus is just saying these potential Fury Road cars look too extreme to be built in the Mad Max environment. I think he makes a fair point. However for these cars to perform stunts safely I see no alternative for the production crew.
"Wrong, we fight for a belief. I stay."
MWFV8

Postby Bad cop » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:14 pm

I think DetritusMaximus is just saying these potential Fury Road cars look too extreme to be built in the Mad Max environment. I think he makes a fair point. However for these cars to perform stunts safely I see no alternative for the production crew.

Probably a misunderstanding on my part. My apologies for getting a bit on the defensive side there. Your right, that's probably what DetritusMaximus is trying to say.
"Between them and us, there's not enough runway!"
Bad cop

Postby roadwarriormfp » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:34 pm

I dont understand the fuss?

The pictures reveal tough a chassis design, so these cars can perform stunts safely.
The cars have ot yet gone to the "arts" dept and had their "make-up" put on.
At the end of the day we wont see the chassis at all and will instead see a heap of junk on wheels.
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby Yok_Rzeznic » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:25 pm

Am I the only one excited about the Cadillac? If there is one thing that Australian car history is the V8 tank cruiser with fins...
Yok_Rzeznic

Postby FordMercury » Fri Sep 03, 2010 2:03 am

Is the RipSaw confirmed to be in the movie?
FordMercury

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road