Possible pictures of actual Fury Road vehicles

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Possible pictures of actual Fury Road vehicles

Postby roadwarriormfp » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:49 am

There is also a red and white prime mover tow truck which looks like it has a sleeper cab... appears in all the photos posted...
And another wrecker (tow truck) on a prime mover chassis can be seen parked next to it in one picture.
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby furyroadcars » Fri Sep 24, 2010 3:57 pm

I gotta admire so peoples perseverance and imagination. Being that I know exactly what each of those vehicles are I still find it very hard to distiguise most of them from that angle, but it's amusing to hear peoples speculations. I'm pretty confident that overall everyone is going to love Fury Road and love the cars and the stunts, etc. I know having worked on the film so far for the best part of 12 months I'm still very excited. There is nothing in these pics that are going to give anything away, it just adds to keep the hype going as we still have quite sometime to wait till it hits the screens. Without saying too much, much of what you see in those pics would be from earlier this year as that location has been empty for at least a couple of months now and the cars are constantly evolving so anything you can see isn't necessarily what you will see on the screen. ;)
furyroadcars

Postby biolumen » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:25 pm

And a few of us have an overactive imagination. :oops:

For my part, the vehicle with the fan blade is probably just a movie set type wind generating fan and it's engine, and the "airport truck" is just a ramp for loading/unloading vehicles from trailers and containers. Still, it's fun to speculate.

Anyway, looking forward to what you guys have built.
biolumen

Postby croft007 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 1:39 am

Channel 7 Adelaide SA just showed a brief distance bit of video footage of fury road action on their Discovery lifestyle show at the end of a story on the Mad Max Museum and Silverton. What I saw was a big black tanker and several smaller vehicles stationary on a dirt road.
croft007

Postby Morrisminor » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:48 am

Channel 7 Adelaide SA just showed a brief distance bit of video footage of fury road action on their Discovery lifestyle show at the end of a story on the Mad Max Museum and Silverton. What I saw was a big black tanker and several smaller vehicles stationary on a dirt road.
croft007

Thanks for the tip Croft...

Picture 1.png
Picture 1.png (1.04 MiB) Viewed 1354 times

Picture 2.png
Picture 2.png (1.05 MiB) Viewed 1354 times

Look for part 3...http://www.discover7.com.au/watch/2010/episode-19/
And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

Postby Wants His Hand Back » Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:26 pm

Wow. Neat stuff. Hey Furyroadcars...I have a question for you that won't give anything away, but I'm very curious about it.

A few years ago when Fury Road was gearing up the first time, there were rumors that there wasn't a traditional "script", and that the entire film had been laid out in very tight storyboards. I gathered that George Miller wanted to develop the story in a visual way, instead of starting with the written word. Any thoughts?
Wants His Hand Back

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:59 pm

Wild stab in the dark here....

We can see a tanker chace being performed in that shot....
The movie is supposed to take place a few weeks after MM2
We have a new Max.
and the coupe makes an appearance..

I think Miller is recreating certain scenes of MM2 in order to do flashbacks, to show the audience where MAX has come from.
Remember that there will be a new generation of people watching this as well as us "older" fans.
A lot of people wont know MadMax at all.

In recreating the tanker chase we will see Tom as Max in order to keep some form of continuity. We may also see the coupe rollover??
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby johnno » Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:24 pm

Where's the video??

I clicked the link, and all I get is this big black screen, with no picture in it! I found some older videos on that site, they play OK, but the current one above does not seem to be there! What gives???
johnno

Postby roadwarriormfp » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:11 pm

It didnt load for me either...

too many people watching it at the same time?
Or for some reason its been pulled offline...
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby Peter Barton » Sat Sep 25, 2010 10:32 pm

I got it to play, although not straight off the site. Had to mess around with Google's cache for a bit to get a working version of the page for some reason.

Morrisminor, are those screen caps above straight from that online version? Just that the version I saw looks like some lower quality flash video, and your caps look rather more high quality than that! Or did you just enlarge, process & smooth the caps (in which case, nice job!)

That black tanker looks strangely similar too the one seen in the aerial photos of the warehouse earlier in the thread...
Peter Barton
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road