Brendan McCarthy's MM4 Designs in a book...

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Re: Brendan McCarthy's MM4 Designs in a book...

Postby blackmocco » Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:14 am

Bronze21 wrote:Reading through the posts, I'm reminded of some 80's and early 90's series that were post-"epoxyclyse." Does anyone remember a short-lived Saturday morning cartoon series called "Cadillac's and Dinosaurs?" It had various cars that were sort-of Maxed out and had a The Maxx crossed with Aeon Flux-type feel to the action. I also remember a few games that my buddy and his brother played (both PC and board); Car Wars (along with Ogre), Interstate 76, and Roadwar 3000 on the Apple 2C. Anyone ever play those?

JUNKERS88: Hehehe...Space Battleship Yamato, aka Starblazers for the US market...right along with Gatchaman, aka Battle of the Planets/G-Force. I miss those days.

Cadillacs and Dinosaurs started as a comic, right? Mark Schultz did the art. Or did the show come first...?
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."
blackmocco

Postby Biker » Thu Oct 25, 2007 10:24 am

Morrisminor, I found the link to that Rapidshare account which has the Hombre graphic novels in it. Here it is:

http://rapidshare.com/users/P0XMTO/2

The guy who uploaded them posted several versions in several languages. So look for the ones ending in EN for English, yeah I know it's bloody obvious but it's a pain in the arse to spend all that time downloading 20mbs of file only to find you've downloaded it in Spanish of something.

Byeeeeeeeeee

Biker
Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

Postby Morrisminor » Thu Oct 25, 2007 11:33 pm

Much obliged Biker.

Now I've downloaded one of the stories "Vultures" but I can't seem to get it to open with Acrobat or Preview. I'm on a Mac,any ideas?

Secondly, and I reckon this is why I have'nt got a hard copy of it yet, I just learned that its called Attila here in the US. So I'll probably get myself a copy soon enough.

http://www.amazon.com/Attila-Antonio-Segura/dp/1882931637/ref=sr_1_1/103-2036126-4613440?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1193382504&sr=8-1
And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

Postby Bronze21 » Fri Oct 26, 2007 2:38 am

BLACKMOCCO: I only ever saw the cartoon, and that was for only one season...at most.

EDIT: I Goggled the series and found out it was only on TV for one season...13 episodes...Sept '93 through Jan 94. It started out as a comic and also ended up as a SEGA CD game.
Bronze21

Postby Biker » Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:47 pm

Hey Morrisminor. Y' welcome. As for the program to open the file I use something called WinRar. Now I don't know if this is specific to Windows or not, though the title of it seems to indicate that. Anyway run a google search and see what you can dig up for a Mac. I'm guessing there's a suitable crossover program. This winrar wotsit seems to have superceded Winzip. My version is a freebie download and still works fine, even with the nag box popping up reminding to register my copy (and pay)

Good luck on your aquisition of the hard copy.

I still can't decide if this Hombre's a good guy or a baddie, the two books I've read so far he seems to blow hot then cold like he's Mr Nice one second, then splattering the brains of some innocent on the back wall the next. Brilliant artwork though.

Biker
Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

Previous

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road