Fury Road idea...

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Fury Road idea...

Postby Bronze21 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:47 pm

It might make for an interesting movie, if Miller wrote the script more out of the novel regarding the start of the Armalite gangs taking over TransCon 1 and hitting the armed/armored Road Trains, and the government setting up the "Breaker Squad"...possibly show their training and Max's beginning and his subsequent drumming out of the Squad and returning to the MFP. "Out of 100 candidates, 83 survived."

One of the items of note, was "The Big Run" where the punks would set up their cars and do a couple of hundred mile sprint from the starting point, through a section of road (Section 9/Fury Road(?)) patrolled by the Squad, and would "win" if they crossed the section border...alive.

All this would be set as a prequel and would substantiate the rumors of seeing/hearing about the cars being built.

Just an idea...
Bronze21

Fury Road idea...

Postby OpiateMFP » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:29 pm

Hey Bronze, that sounds cool. I agree with ya, doing a prequal apposed to an addition to the other three...

The big question though, would be; who would fit playing a young Max...

OpiateMFP
"When do we go for a ride!"
OpiateMFP

Fury Road idea...

Postby Chase Bansi » Wed Jun 06, 2007 12:09 pm

I openly admit to not reading the novel. Were there any specifics as to what the "Breaker Squad" vehicles look like. I would be good to see the yellow MFP cars get a bit more attention. It sounds like this would not only predate the BoB but also Max's customized yellow Interceptor. Might even explain what happened to "the Dark One" (he made the cut, Max didn't). To further speculate "The Big Run" could also explain the condition of the NR Monaro (I maintain that it's condition was worse that what the NR could have done in his breakaway run).

As far as who plays Max I realize Eric is the fan fav. It sure wouldn't bother me to see some (very) young unknown get the role. After all that's how Mel got his start. As long as they film it in Australia with ALL Australian cast and crew.

Mel doing a cameo as an old Max remembering where he started would be a great touch and give validity to the franchise.

No matter where you go, there you are MFP 5863
Chase Bansi

Fury Road idea...

Postby Bronze21 » Wed Jun 06, 2007 9:58 pm

All black cars...

I picture them somewhat like the Nazi SS in their precision and militaristic attitude, with their driving style and responses to the threats.
Bronze21

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road