MM4 is green to GO!

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

MM4 is green to GO!

Postby junkers88 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 2:36 am

Despite what Miller has been saying about FURY ROAD being 2 films away... I have it on good authority that it will be shooting 'within the year'.

Thanks to the box-office punch of HAPPY FEET.

And believe it or not. it will be made locally.
Junkers
junkers88

MM4 is green to GO!

Postby zanetti » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:25 am

I had a dream I saw it and it sucked on wheels, then logged on and Bugs agreed with me.
zanetti

MM4 is green to GO!

Postby Nightwalker » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:10 am

That's excelant news, man. Where did you get it?

And that it wil be shot in the Australian wasteland makes it even better. Now lets hope they make it perfect to take Mel for the role as Max again.
"UNDERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the front of the car.
"OVERSTEER" is when you hit the fence with the rear of the car.
"HORSEPOWER" is how fast you hit the fence.
"TORQUE" is how far you take the fence with you.
Nightwalker

MM4 is green to GO!

Postby zanetti » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:54 am

If those Georges taught me anything it is the Force, and it is no longer with George Miller...
zanetti

MM4 is green to GO!

Postby nolovingplace » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:06 am

I hope they can get mel to do it.

I haven't heard of any projects that mel is working on. Maybe he is is considering the role. Was he hinting to it in the ign.com interview?

DECEMBER 15th 2006.

Gibson on lethal wepon 5 and another mad max. available @ ign.com

I just posted the part of the interview that he talks about a mm 4.

IGN: When you say you aren't especially interested in doing some of these franchise films, is it more a product of feeling they won't challenge you any more?

Gibson:
Boy, we did four of them, dude (laughs). I mean, it's kind of like we've done it.

IGN: Well, is there a film or film series you would like to revisit for a sequel or follow-up?

Gibson:
Well, I always felt those Road Warrior movies were pretty cool, like they were in-the-gutter comic book stuff. It was like really pretty exciting stuff. I don't know. We began to mount one; it was a terrific idea that George Miller had and, boy, it was prohibitively expensive. But maybe there will be a time and place where that won't be the case. I don't know.

Rick

"In the roar of an engine he lost everything"
nolovingplace

MM4 is green to GO!

Postby Chase Bansi » Tue Jan 02, 2007 6:23 am

Quote: Originally posted by junkers88 on 01 January 2007

Despite what Miller has been saying about FURY ROAD being 2 films away... I have it on good authority that it will be shooting 'within the year'.

Thanks to the box-office punch of HAPPY FEET.

And believe it or not. it will be made locally.

Ahh dude- I don't mean to be the doubting Thomas here but can you offer anything to back up that statement? What qualifies as "good authority"? Otherwise it's just a fart in the wind.

No matter where you go, there you are MFP 5863
Chase Bansi

MM4 is green to GO!

Postby nightrider541 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:49 am

i thought miller was working on the next babe movie this year? Yep like chase bansi said if theres nothing to back up that statement then its just another fart in the wind..

And as for mel gibson i still believe that he will play a role in MM4 i have no proof of that just my instincts tell me that he wont let this one pass him by this time and it will put him back on the map if it gets up and rolling again.
raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

MM4 is green to GO!

Postby Justice » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:45 pm

There is no Max without Mel... He is the figure I've engraved in my mind as being Max Rockatansky, and there is no one else that could replace him.

Mel should step up to the plate, and should not ask for crazy things. Because without Max he would have never entered the Hollywood dream the way he did.

If there is a Max without Mel, I'd be disappointed... I'd still watch it, but in the back of my mind the real max is and will always be the one thundering down a desolate highway... the Road warrior.
Heroes die... Legends live on... maxrockatansky.org
[last updated: October 24th 2009]
Justice

MM4 is green to GO!

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Thu Jan 04, 2007 6:22 pm

Miller said "One small Project, then we'll gear up for mad Max IV"

Dunno if a Babe project would be a Small one or not.

As for Gibson.

As a Mad Max fan AND a Gibson Fan (They are not the same thing) I'd rather see Mel play the part.. I really would.

However, It looks to me, (from my Armchair hundreds of Miles from anywhere) that he doesn't want to play the part again.

Seems to think it's a Joke.

Plus, with Mel's Antics and tarnished reputation recently.. It could very well be that his presence alone could Kill the movie at the Box office.

So there's the decision(s)

Miller has to decide which is the Bigger Risk.. Recasting or using a potentially Poisonous Mel.

Gibson has to decide.. well, has to decide that these movies are Still Art and worth doing.

Just seems Foolish to decide before anything has even been restarted "I won't bother seeing this movie because _______"
"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

MM4 is green to GO!

Postby Justice » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:49 pm

Re-casting might or might not work, see Bond (Sean Connery is still #1 by the way). The latest bond really fits the profile imho, but like the rest of the world I really did not like the idea of a blonde Bond at the time. But they have screwed up in the past (George Lazenby).

There are dangers in using Mel like you stated, and there are dangers in recasting. I am on the Go Mel for Max team. And I bet mostly everyone who is a Mad Max fan will be as well. I just can't see anyone else in that role but Mel...

Now if they where to do a prequel (MFP times) it's another story. You can't go with Mel as he is too old to play himself (a cameo maybe). But a continuation of the Road Warrior story with Max Rockatansky (and lets forget about thunderdome for a second) it really needs Gibson hands down. And if Miller has the nerve to bring in the "son of Max Rockatansky" I am going to be so pissed off... Unless he comes up with a storyline & movie that blows my mind.
Heroes die... Legends live on... maxrockatansky.org
[last updated: October 24th 2009]
Justice

Next

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road