question from a "newbie"

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

question from a "newbie"

Postby Linc » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:48 pm

I just thoroughly enjoyed watching all 3 Mad Max movies after many years not watching them and wondered, as I had years ago, why they never made another Mad Max movie.

It seems like it did pretty well at the box office. Was Mel Gibson no longer interested? (Instead he did Four (!) Lethal Weapon movies--how was that better?)

Was George Miller no longer interested? (but in Babe???!!!)

Miller had such an original vision that has since been copied to some extent in Waterworld and the matrix films and I'm sure in other lesser works; why wouldn't he want to continue that? And Gibson created such a compelling hero, why wouldn't he want to continue that?

I couldn't help wondering if Lorenzo's Oil (which I haven't seen) was autobiographical so that maybe Miller was too overwhelmed by personal tragedy to make another big budget apocalypitc film?

I did see on IMDB that a 4th MM movie (Fury Road) had been in preproduction a year ago but wasn't sure if it was with Mel Gibson or another actor. And IMDB said it looks dead in the water. Why?

But the question remains: Why did they not make another MM film way back when? And then I guess why plan to make one now after 20 years?

I've looked for the answer to this on various websites but haven't found a clue, so hoping you can provide some insight.

Thanks,

Lincoln Konkle

English Professor and renewed Mad Max fan

Lincoln Konkle

English Professor and renewed Mad Max fan
Linc

question from a "newbie"

Postby hero_max » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:02 pm

At least they could give us die hard mad max fans a 4th book or something... Why not that, at least!

Mad max fan 4 life.....
hero_max

question from a "newbie"

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:20 pm

I generally figured it was a "Three films = Trilogy = DONE" kind of thing.

As for MM4: Fury Road..

Mel was indeed slated to reprise the role of Max.

As I understand, they were literally days from beginning of Principal Photography with Sets, vehicles and equipment onsite in Namibia when George "The Monkey President" Bush initiated his ill-advised invasion of Iraq.

Filming was postponed due to concerns over cast & crew safety in time of war and was eventually cancelled.

After this, Mel decided that he wasn't terribly interested in doing it after all, and with Mel's recent.... controversy, the question of "Is Mel Gibson Finished in Film-Making?" is obviously a major concern.

I've said it before.. "Recast & get on with it".

The Story's not done and shouldn't be Killed because an actor has been wearing his own Butt for a Hat.

(Still love ya, Mel. But Bad choices is bad choices)

"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

question from a "newbie"

Postby nightrider541 » Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:37 pm

i found this in the sun herald:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/stay-in-touch/garretts-out-to-lunch-on-music-industry-struggles/2006/08/01/1154198137460.html?page=3

Miller apparently delayed Mad Max 4 to work on Happy Feet for the past four years.

Miller's last-minute arrival and hasty retreat back to his studio meant no one had time to ask him about the recent inebriated anti-Semitic tirade by the star of Mad Max, Mel Gibson.
[div][/div]
raunchy very raunchy
nightrider541

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road