Mad Max 4

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Mad Max 4

Postby TheRoadWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:29 pm

Hmmmm.... We seem to have all our wheels burning rubber- smokin' red hot. Get a world wide petition rolling. Seriously! Get it rollin'. Find someway to make entertainment news. We're shootin' blanx here! It's good to vent, but we all gotta go beyond this forum and out beyond the Net- somehow- someway... We blame islamic extremist terrorists 4 the demise of Fury Road.

Don't you think that if Gibson had enough PASSION (no pun intended) to do the picture then he would have began squeezing afew corporate balls to go ahead with the project anyhow?? Think about it.

With Regards,

RW
Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...

"The arrangement was I wouldn't kill yu.."
TheRoadWarrior

Mad Max 4

Postby TheRoadWarrior » Mon Mar 20, 2006 1:37 pm

Quote: Originally posted by lastheromax on 06 March 2006

I am a film production major. I'm sorry to say but it does not look like they will make Mad Max 4. We have the muslim terrorits to thank for that. They were planning to film in Tunisia, but the terrorist attacks canceled that. And since then, all the people Mel, George cannot get their schedules to work out. As for as I know Warner Brothers has cancelled the project, they were bank rolling it. So maybe, if we all contact Warner Brothers they may start the project back up.

A film production major? Cool! What kinds of films do u do? That's what we need around here! We need some fresh moviemakers or indie filmmakers in here so we can here their views and insite on Fury Road! Cool! Congratulations on achieving your major.

Regards,

TRW
Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...

"The arrangement was I wouldn't kill yu.."
TheRoadWarrior

Mad Max 4

Postby Biker » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:46 am

Unnn just a little observation here but how would boycotting Miller or Gibson actually achieve anything? It's not like they're Woolworths or something. My Step father now boycotts Tesco and they're really suffering from his lack of custom.

As for forming a petition or some pressure group to force Gibson or Miller into making MM4 think about it this little analogy: If you were forced to paint a garden fence goaded by someone nagging at you constantly to do it, though you really didn't want to, how good a job would it be? When compared to you actually wanting to paint your garden fence and therefore making a far better job of it.

Do you get what I'm trying to say?

If MM4 is dead in the water then I for one can deal with that. I'd rather not see a bad MM4 made. And I'm pretty sure we know how bad it could be in light of some of the stuff that's been churned out over the years.

If MM4 is ever made then it needs to be with the full force of both Gibson and Miller desire to actually do it behind it. Or, perhaps, with Gibson directing it with a new actor playing Max... but that just takes us back around to older threads again.

Biker
Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

Mad Max 4

Postby lastheromax » Tue Mar 21, 2006 7:54 pm

'To Theroadwarrior

Miller is the reason why i wanted to make movies, he is a genius. the first movie i saw when i was a kid was mad max, then my dad took me out of school to see the road warrior.

I have a year of shcool left, southern miss. but i do mostly action, my friend he does horror. We drive the profs. crazy. all the profs. are high and mighty, they are too above watching an action or horror movie. they would rather watch two gay guys go at it. i will never win an oscar but i will make movies that the average person wants to see, no political speeches from my movies just a place to get the most bang for your buck.

As for the price to film down under. Forget it too high. They already have the vechiles built for mm4 and could send them to tunisia cheaper than filming down under. its all about the dollar to the studios.
damn them. you and me max, we'll give them back their heros.
lastheromax

Mad Max 4

Postby Morrisminor » Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:03 am

Quote: Originally posted by lastheromax on 06 March 2006

I am a film production major... They were planning to film in Tunisia, but the terrorist attacks canceled that. ... As for as I know Warner Brothers has cancelled the project, they were bank rolling it. So maybe, if we all contact Warner Brothers they may start the project back up.

Filming was planned for Namibia not Tunisia.

20th Century Fox were bankrolling it, not Warner Bros.

I would also agree with what biker had to say about boycotts.

As for...

Quote: Originally posted by lastheromax on 22 March 2006

' i will make movies that the average person wants to see, no political speeches from my movies just a place to get the most bang for your buck.'

...you should check out V For Vendetta and and maybe mull it over a bit.

And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

Mad Max 4

Postby lastheromax » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:35 pm

V for Vendetta totally sucked

it was a total anti bush film. thats the problem with hollywood. And it is warner bros. not 20th century fox. I intern. over the summer there.
lastheromax

Mad Max 4

Postby lastheromax » Wed Mar 22, 2006 3:38 pm

I take it back 20 th century fox is the main bankroller for the movie now. they worked out a deal with Warner Bros. who owns most of the rights, with mgm holding some right also.
lastheromax

Previous

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road