Mel drops "Under & Alone"

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Postby Morrisminor » Mon Feb 20, 2006 6:44 am

Here's a bit of news from a week or so ago on Dark Horizons about Mels involvement with the movie Under & Alone.I have to say that I find this a somewhat positive sign for MM4 despite the article claiming Mels reason for declineing the role is to concentrate on finishing Apocalypto. The reason for my presumption is this...

Gregor Jordan has just been given the directorial job on the project and if you are in any way familiar with his work you'd see he's a good screenwriter too. Since he's having his own wrangle with the screenplay this could push preproduction and shooting back 2-4 months. Apocalypto is already well into post production. If Mel really wanted to do U&A then the schedule could easily be pushed up another month or two giving him well enough time to wrap Apocalypto, but since that aint the case I'm hoping its because he's got something else in the pipeline like...Fury Road! Anyways, here's the article from Dark Horizons...

Warner Bros. Pictures has hired Australian-born Gregor Jordan ("Ned Kelly", "Buffalo Soldiers") to direct action drama "Under and Alone," which Mel Gibson and partner Bruce Davey are producing reports Variety.

"Under" is based on the real-life story of William Queen, an ATF undercover agent who infiltrated the notorious and violent San Fernando Valley chapter of the Mongols motorcycle gang.

Jordan is doing a rewrite of the script penned by Daniel Barnz and Ned Zeman. Casting hasn't been announced, Gibson was originally supposed to star in the pic but changed his plans because of directorial project "Apocalypto".

Earlier this year, Jordan was hired to rewrite and direct the adaptation of John Christopher's "The Tripods Trilogy" for Disney.

And Cundalini wants his hand back!
Morrisminor

Postby junkers88 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 4:17 am

I'd love to think that the above is true but...

Fury Road isn't crewing until the end of 2007.

And that is tentative...

Junkers
junkers88

Postby junkers88 » Wed Feb 22, 2006 11:42 pm

If you have a moment to relax, then check out Gibson's new movie here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/touchstone/apocalypto/large.html

After you watch the trailer, go to the part with the pregnant woman, then just past her you'll see some men running with torches. Pause it now! Now, advance frame-by-frame until you reveal the hidden picture.
Junkers
junkers88

Postby TheRoadWarrior » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:58 am

Gibson drops Under & Alone? Good choice Mel- the film has been done too many f**kin times.

the road warrior
Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...

"The arrangement was I wouldn't kill yu.."
TheRoadWarrior

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road