Mad Max 4 News

Discuss the facts, the rumours, plot ideas, merchandising ideas, whatever...

Mad Max 4 News

Postby zanetti » Tue Jan 24, 2006 3:39 am

Sounds like a retread of the second, no matter anyway because "Fury Road" will never be.
zanetti

Mad Max 4 News

Postby Foxtrot X-Ray » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:54 pm

That doesn't sound encouraging for a good plotline.. Image
"Go ahead and run. Run home and cry to mama! Me, I'm Through runnin'!"
Foxtrot X-Ray

Mad Max 4 News

Postby injection scott » Tue Jan 31, 2006 12:09 pm

Yikes, Mel looks like Saddam in that photo.
injection scott

Mad Max 4 News

Postby Bugsgecko » Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:33 am

"There was an old man who grew a beard,

He didn't care if he looked weird,

He made his name in a movie or two,

But mention Fury Road and he hasn't a clue "Image
Bugsgecko

Mad Max 4 News

Postby thinnng » Fri Feb 24, 2006 1:45 am

FURY ROAD co-writer and storyboard artist Brendan McCarthy states that in his view, the 4th installment will be "the true follow-up to Mad Max 2" - To differentiate it from the misstep of Beyond Thunderdome. McCarthy calls Fury Road a "serious, savage, sexy and surreal sequel". He also promises, " a raw, kinetic assault that will take you to that world of manic Mad Max mayhem. You've got a great movie barrelling down the freeway at you in a few years time."

We're gonna need a bigger boat
thinnng

Mad Max 4 News

Postby Biker » Fri Feb 24, 2006 8:47 am

Meantime, Mel will have aged another decade or two and his fee will have trebled. That's assuming he isn't tied up making a film about the the life of Mohammed or was it Buddha? Thier lifestyles are sooooo alike I forget which is which.

Biker

Are we living in a land where sex and horror are the new gods?

My Mad Max T-shirt designs http://www.redbubble.com/people/biker/t-shirts
Biker

Mad Max 4 News

Postby TheRoadWarrior » Sun Mar 19, 2006 6:45 am

Quote: Originally posted by Biker on 16 January 2006

Too true.

I watched Matrix 2 and as much as I've enjoyed the film, the chase scene with Trinity on the Ducatti through traffic going the wrong way was, if anything, just too clever for it's own good. Yeah, I know they shot most of it as live action, but adding about 70% of the cars later using CGI really just made it unbelievable, as in; not good.

That's funny, I watched the Matrix 2 and I thought the chase sequence was stupendous. It was like Road Warrior on acid. The problem is that the Hollywood industry NEVER should have shown how movies were being made to the general "Tom, Dick & Harry" public. Those things should have NEVER been exposed. Never. But Nooooo... Effects and how they did it was exposed and f**ked it all up.

Get with the program. CGI is here to stay and isn't going anywhere. It isn't CGI that's the problem. Its whose directing the CGI and the writing of the scenes and stuff- the choreographers. Most likely Mad Max 4 IS GONNA HAVE CGI- like it or not. What I think they should do is a combo platter of convincing CGI, Matte Paintings and the retro style of filming- all 3 tactics. I would agree that if Miller uses ALL CGI in the film then in my opinion that is sheer laziness. But to even think that Mad Max 4 ain't gonna have ANY CGI or at least hoping that there won't be any CGI is nothing but a dream.

the road warrior

Pray that he's still out there... somewhere...

"The arrangement was I wouldn't kill yu.."
TheRoadWarrior

Re: Mad Max 4 News

Postby Darth Rockatanski » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:03 am

If they bring back aussie 70's cars it would be sick.
Imagine all the pissed off car nuts when they see a $60,000 XB GT getting chopped up for a movie prop.
Also my XB coupe / interceptor progect would be worth heaps.
Darth Rockatanski

Postby roadwarriormfp » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:44 am

"" It isn't CGI that's the problem. Its whose directing the CGI and the writing of the scenes and stuff- the choreographers.""

Yes it is the problem... its not real... therefor not dangerous... CGI is still imperfect and you can tell (most of the time) where reality ends and CGI starts.

People are not impressed with some of the CGI actions used in creating car crashes etc.... Its not hard to create a car crash.

If the movie is a sci-fi.. then yes one can say it can be used as you need it to create something which isnt real.
Look at Star Bores.... The orginal used simple graphics... and extensive sets.
The "new" star wars didnt blend in at all... 90% of seemed to be CGI... with hardly a real set used in any inddor or outdoor scene. This is why it flopped....

MM4 does not need CGI..... MM2 didnt use it ... it didnt have to.....

"Imagine all the pissed off car nuts when they see a $60,000 XB GT getting chopped up for a movie prop.
Also my XB coupe / interceptor progect would be worth heaps."

I'd hardly think they would buy GTs...
Last edited by roadwarriormfp on Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are 100% snafu....
roadwarriormfp

Postby draknoir2 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 11:45 am

I just recently let my son watch the MM series, since they were showing the edited versions on TV. I named him Max after taking his mother on a date to see The Road Warrior and A Boy and his Dog, sixteen years before he was born, so I figured it would be cool for him. Throughout the movies I kept telling him "That's not computer generated... they're really doing those stunts!". He just couldn't believe it.

The easiest way isn't always the best way.

Vote "NO" to CGI.
"Two days ago, I saw a vehicle that would haul that tanker. You want to get out of here? You talk to me."
draknoir2

PreviousNext

Return to Mad Max 4 - Fury Road